Korea open draw is out

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by pramilainc, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I think I see BCL and Chen Yu in the draw. :rolleyes:

2. rainbow

rainbow Regular Member

The draw indicate Simon Santoso representing KOR......that must be an error.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic..

ok, i see...
    so if it's going to be NorCal this time around, then kwun will likely be your "main host"(if he has time to accompany you or if not there are other BC members also ie. Qidong, Han, samkool) ??..
    btw, any plan to visit & swing by the SoCal area for 1 or 2 days??..:p :rolleyes:

#23 ctjcad, Aug 18, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    BF meeting?

I am not sure where/when BadMania will be staying during the trsansit, SF is about 35 miles away from Milpitas where the Great Smash City is located ... Not sure Kwun will have time to coordinate so we all can do some sparring. Weekend will be better as the traffic is very bad during weekeday between Milpitas and SF and Smash City is always crowded during weeknight.(I think Kwun found out yesterday night?)
    Han

5. event

event Regular Member

I'm just curious as to where you saw that. The draw sheets on the IBF website are fine. The lists of players/countries on the tournament website are wrong, as are the drawsheets on the Korean Badminton Association site. There is no draw on the tournament site yet, is there? Sorry, strike that. I just noticed the large "View Draws" link on every page. Those are the same draws as in my link.

I've emailed the webmaster but I don't expect a response. He ignored my last email when I offered him an entire corrected version of that tournament history write-up with the atrocious English. I hope to actually meet the guy tomorrow, though.

By the way, I see no sign of plans to include live scoring on the website. In the absence of this, my guess is that the most timely updates will be found on the drawsheets on the main tournament site.

#25 event, Aug 18, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  6. event

event Regular Member

I stand corrected. The webmaster replied to me within a few minutes, actually. Hopefully the error can be corrected soon; however I'm sure these guys are incredibly busy right now.

7. kemana

kemana Regular Member

i'm hoping the most timely updates to be here;)

8. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    let's support taufik :)

9. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    :D count me in!! :D

10. Chire

Chire Regular Member

Heh, Joachim Persson of Denmark has the same seed as Taufik ;). Well at least we get to see Taufik take on the top players in the early rounds.

11. seawell

seawell Regular Member

Indian badminton team for Korea, Hong Kong Open

New Delhi, Aug 18. (PTI): A seven-member Indian shuttlers' team will participate in two back to back badminton tournaments -- Korean and Hong Kong Open -- beginning from Aug 21.

This will be the first assignment of national coach Pullela Gopichand, who along with the team left for the championship today.

"Arvind and Anup have done quite well in recent tournaments and I hope they will carry forward their good form," Gopichand said.

"We have some youngsters in the side and it would be a good exposure for them," he said.

Team:

Men: Arvind Bhat, Anup Sridhar, P Kashyap, Anand Pawar, Ajay Jayaram,

Women: Saina Nehwal, Aditi Mutatkar.

12. donpedro

donpedro Regular Member

13. kemana

kemana Regular Member

of course! let's !

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    With Lin Dan and now Gade out of the picture, we will again miss some fierce competition. A pity that even Gade had to withdraw as I understand he was last year's champ. (?) :(

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

With LD and P. Gades out, guess who will win ? Yes, top man if your answer is LCW.

LCW knows this is the big 6-star tournament that he can win, and no one should argue that it isn't his for the taking. Chen Yu can, at best, make a claim but that is all it is --- he will not win. LCW is ready for him (LCW had a good break and is ready to claim the cheque).

Loh, the competition will still be fierce without LD and Gades. In fact, everybody will think he has a chance and therefore, throw in their fighting best.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Agree that it is still a very attractive tournament despite the absence of these two top players, but nothing compares with the world's top 10 being able to play. This will come only during the WC in Madrid next month, barring further injury and if Peter Gade recovers in time!

Hopefully, LCW will meet Taufik in the finals to give a preview of what is to come at Madrid. But LCW will have a tough time against Chen Yu first. CY is growing in confidence every time he meets LCW and they're both even at 2-2 so far, I believe. In LCW's half are also two other noteworthy contenders, Kenneth Jonassen and Boonsak.

But the Koreans will certainly not want to be a disgrace on home ground and will fight to the last to win. Needless to say local heroes, Lee Hyun Il and Olympic bronze medalist, Shon Seung Mo, despite not being seeded, will relish partisan support which can see them triumph over their rivals.

Let's hope the Korean officials will not be carried away and become partisan in their line calls. Let's hope they have learned from their past experience and that neutral officials will be used during the crucial stages of the tournament to avoid unnecessary incidents. :rolleyes: