Korea Open 2007 - Day 1 - Qualifying Rounds

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by hcyong, Jan 22, 2007.

1. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Wong Choong Hann :crying:
    And Tan Chun Seang played 3 matches within 6 hours!!! :crying: Just like Malaysia Open..

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I'm not saying they should complain, just weird that they had to qualify after having won MO last week. That is in reply to someone else who said Fischer/Andersen had to qualify after semifinals in MO last week. I'm not saying that this is BWF's fault either. Rules are rules, but I think some rules need to change.

Anyway, it's fine for KKK/TBH because as luck had it, they only had to play one match today against a Mongolian pair. But like yannie said, not so lucky for WCH and TCS, who had to play fresh opponents (all their opponents received walkovers) the whole day.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's MDQ, not MSQ

Develop an eye for detail. You don't think I would specify 'MDQ' for nothing , do you?

4. bigmojo

bigmojo Regular Member

Try to be more logical, 'extended court condition acclimatization' & 'advanced court condition exposure' would be applicable to MDQ as well as MSQ.

5. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Cool down bigmojo. Lets just enjoy the Korea Open for what BWF has made it to be.

Hey, you seem somewhat familiar. Do I know you from some where.... :p

TBBMBB(N)

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    bigmojo banned. we have enough of his rudeness and unwillingness to be nice to other members.

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Appeal to lift ban on 'bigmojo'

kwun, this may sound strange but may i request that the ban be lifted for 'bigmojo'.(Besides, I wanted to reply his last post but couldn't do it because he lost his right of reply)
    My last two posts were written in a rush and hence came across as terse(there was no time to add in a 'ctcad softener' ) so bigmojo reacted accordingly, like in Newton's third(?) law of equal and opposite reaction.
    'bigmojo' has a big problem with style but at least he has some substance. Substance is harder to come by as it takes a long time to build up ,if at all. Style can be modified fairly easily and steadily,without having to go to the extent of 'My Fair Lady'.
    I remember when I first came on board, my bluntness rankles not a few members. Took me a while to learn how to behave like Tony Blair in front of The Queen. Of course ,my unpaid teachers are masters of courtesy like ants, ctcad, Han, etc.
    As I seem like the 21st blow that unintentionally brought down 'bigmojo', I'm prepared to be the substitute for him.
    (sorry, this is late but I was away)

8. johnps

johnps Regular Member

This is very magnanimous of you, pjswift.

I observe that some of bigmojo's posts do have substance.

When participating in forums, we should learn to sometimes agree to disagree and not to get personal in our arguments by casting disparaging remarks about the person or the country he is from. As they say, tolerance and kindness are virtues to strive for.

I support pjswift's appeal to give bigmojo another chance.

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thank you for your kind words. May I clarify that it was no my intention to come across as noble. I am not questioning kwun's decision; just that it feels awful to be the unwitting trigger.In a way, the appeal is to allow me to move on, so now you know I'm human. My apologies to kwun if this breaks some unwritten rule.
    And yes, sorry the name is ctjcad, not ctcad.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    kindness and reason always have their audience, i have since unbanned bigmojo.

just like to clarify that it is not the substance that i am against. we try our best not to curb any opinions expressed in the forum (unless if it is outrageous ones, of course). however, we do care about the manner in which the opinion is expressed. among those, rudeness, insults and personal attacks are deemed to be destructive to the general harmony of this forum and thus we have little tolerance of it.

cheers.

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thank you , kwun. It's great to be able to now move on instead of out.Agree with your principle of maintaining BCF as a rich yet harmonious meeting ground.

12. johnps

johnps Regular Member

Thanks Kwun for lifting the ban.

It is often difficult maintaining the peace and harmony on this forum owing to the diversity of participants from different nationalities, culture, race, levels of language proficiency, personality etc.

Greatly appreciate the fantastic job put in by you and your fellow moderators.