Korea Open 2006: Day 4 - R16 (24/08)

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by hcyong, Aug 23, 2006.

1. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Same scoreline for those two matches???

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

haha, that is bizzare, isn't it? but not impossible. time taken also only differred by 1 minute ...

3. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator

TG/CW still show their best form, i think they wil be the KO champion

4. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

LCW played in Indonesian Open this year and reached round 3 which gained him 2000++ points.:D

5. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

it seem only lindan can win the world champion in madrid ...no peter gade, no taufik n no lee chong wei .....

6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ha..ha

i know you are LIN dan Fan :D

7. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Well done SSM and LHI!

Good day for Korea?

8. event

event Regular Member

What happened? Look at what is still happening. I hate all this lamenting Lee Chong Wei. Let's be glad for Roslin. He did a great job against Park today, too. Sairul hasn't been really tested much yet but we're looking forward to great things from him tomorrow. He and Roslin are both real fighters.

Wong is doing great. So sad she had to beat Salakjit so early, though. I was rooting for the latter too.

Xu had trouble again today against Julia. Even more serious than yesterday against Lee Yun-hwa. Yao was similarly in trouble against Hirose but she didn't pull herself out of it.

9. event

event Regular Member

Simon was dominating in the first game and had 3 or so match points in the second but just couldn't finish it. It looked like he lost the mental game. So close but without the proverbial cigar. Too bad. Where on earth are the Indonesian fans? None have shown up so far. Last year we had fans even in the early rounds.
    Palyama had the crowd behind him in 2004 when he beat Bao. I personally was cheering like crazy and a large group of Koreans were inspired by the mettle shown by the underdog against the giant Chinese seeded player. I don't think there were Korean players playing at that time, though, and today there were. Cheering is awkward for me this time around. Palyama definitely had a chance at it again, though.

#69 event, Aug 24, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  10. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

WMC is going great guns in KO. Let's hope she continue her great run all the way to the finals. I believe we Malaysian would love to see a MAS woman win something this big, like a 6-star tournament. Imagine how much she has benefitted from a great sparring partner like Zhou Mi in such a short time frame of less than 3 weeks. What surprises me most is Julia Wong. Given time, she will surely nurtures into a force to be reckons with in future. Great work ladies... I am eager yet patiently awaits for good news from you gals :)

11. Georgina

Georgina Regular Member

Student

Soratja is 21 years old this year.
    A year 3 political science major in Kasesart University.
    I think the 1st 3 WS in the Thai team are quite similar in standards now.
    In addition,Soratja,Salakjitr and Monthila(WS) have participated in Thailand Satellite in April but Soratja won the women's singles title eventually.

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Sairul a fighter? I must have caught him on a bad day, because in the all england 2006 he was lethargic and disinterested, good racket skills, but not much fight.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29701

paragaph 9

13. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Oh, really? :rolleyes: I didn't quite see any fans get really pissed off because Lee Chong Wei was lack of form...

By the way, we love Wong Mew Choo in action and I hope she does well to appear maybe in the final

And Roslin, we wished him good luck but I'm not quite convinced that he can actually march into the final

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, not surprise either by this result, congrats to LeeHI..;)
    wow, 70+ min(must be the "match of the day", excellent!) And looking at the scoreboard, seemed to be a lot of rallies for it to last that long..:cool:..hmm, on that note, this is probably the longest workout TH has gone through since his win at the recent Indonesian Open Final(against BCL) or maybe even the Thomas Cup(against Shoji Sato)?!?!..;) :p :D

#74 ctjcad, Aug 24, 2006
  15. court_king

court_king Regular Member

It has been a 3 strike out for Taufik to LYI. Thomas cup, Thailand, and now Korea. I hope he's not following LCW's path of only winning in home country.:p

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, a bit surprised(i have to see the scoreboard of the match between SB/FL vs. KKK/CCM...Nevertheless, the upcoming QF, between TG/CW vs. CCM/KKK, should be quite fun also..;) :cool:

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, it's not that difficult to beat TH. His weakness is that he tends to "laze-off" during a match or is not know for his stamina..On that note, if you get him to play against a player who is eager and diligent in chasing all the shuttles, that player can give a lot of trouble to Taufik..Also, actually TH has been having quite a bit of trouble esp. against southpaws(left-handers)-ie. BCL(went winless or only 1 win against BCL) and now LHI..It took him a few times but he was able to overcome his hard time against BCL until recently in the Indonesian Open..

#77 ctjcad, Aug 24, 2006
  18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I Agree.

If you have good enough speed to cope with Taufik at first and good enough defence to extend the rallies and play accurate well placed shots then he is easier to beat.

Bao is Very quick and accurate with his placement, and LHI is very good defensively and controlling the shuttle and pace of the game.

I think proabably the left handed thing is coincidence.

as an aside is this the longest MS match under new scoring system?

19. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I have followed badminton for quite a few years. Except OG and WC, Taufik could only win at home. Mostly at INA, one or two, at neighbouring country Singapore. He never win any open tournaments in Europe, Greater China (including China mainland, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan), Japan, Korea, or west of the world. :p :p :p

LCW should have won something outside Malaysia :)

20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Yes, LCW has won Denmark open and Swiss open ! Great job! :D :D :D

I always think the so call Olympic game is the lowest level and also the most un-predictable. Because 1st, fewer players; 2nd, most of them are representors from under-developed countries in badminton; 3rd, many decent players, like Chen Yu(never), Chen Hong(2000), not there; 4th, no prize for the winner.

Taufik did win olympic, but that is not that difficult, because he didn't meet Lin Dan (the #1), Chen Hong (#2, and rule the whole year of 2003), and Bao CL (#3, beat Taufic many times). I think the strongest points for Taufik are his mental toughness, and his experience. I just studied the vedio, (by calculating frame by frame), then I found that his smash is not as powerful, not as speedy as Lin Dan and Chen Hong. ;)