KLRC NZ Open

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open 2007 / Pan American Open 2007' started by noluckjim, Mar 20, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Unbelievable...Andre Kurniawan Tedjono once again proves that he's the man! He beat Yeoh Kay Bin in straight-sets 21-18, 21-15! Sigh...that goes my PAW :mad: He will meet Wong Choong Hann in the Final tomorrow. It will mark a real wonderful fortnight if he's to win the title tomorrow!

Remarkably, all his matches are in straight-sets and lasted for at most 40 mins. On the other hand, Wong Choong Hann has had 2 exhausting back-to-back matches...

#61 badMania, May 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Unfortunately, it won't be an all-Malaysian Singles Final :D

3. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Meeting of 2 unseeded in the final and Andre had been slaying the seeded in 2 sets so far.....while WCH had to struggle since the QF

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Andre's ranking will rise to 50-ish next week, from the current 70. Unbelievable progress...

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita are on course for their first GP title as they trounced Alroy Tanama Putra/Chau Hoi Wah 21-9, 21-15. They should face their compatriot Anggun Nugroho/Nitya Krishinda who have yet to finish their match today.

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Andre might be Indo hidden secret weapon. heheh... he played well and convincingly in beating YKB. And he has beaten alot of Msians enroute the Final showdown. Will he win his 1st international title here? That we will have to know tomorrow. WCH wont be a walk in the park. He would also want to earn his 1st title after coming off from Injury.

My full Support for the Japanese WD's! Nippon #1. Go Japan.

It will be a hard match against the HK pair for CCM/HTH. I've seen the HK pair play and they are quick when they play thier best. This will also put CCM's experience to the test. Hope HTH will play his best for their 1st international title.

7. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

quote of BAM's site
    interesting comment from Roslin & YKB

Rising Indonesian star Andre sends Roslin out in Auckland
    19/05/07, 11:02:26

By NG WEI LOON

AUCKLAND: Indonesia’s rising star Andre Kurniawan Tedjono is threatening to ruin the Malaysian party in the men’s singles event of the KLRC New Zealand Open at the Auckland Badminton Hall.

Yesterday, he packed off Nusa Mahsuri’s Mohd Roslin Hashim 21-17, 21-19 in the quarter-finals to set up a match against another Malaysian, Yeoh Kay Bin, for a place in the final.

Kay Bin advanced to the semi-finals with a convincing 21-11, 21-5 win in 29 minutes over top seed Andrew Smith of England.

The other semi-final in the bottom half of the draw is an all-Malaysian affair between defending champion Lee Tsuen Seng of KLRC Bhd and veteran Wong Choong Hann, who is representing the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM).

Tsuen Seng, seeded second, registered a commanding 21-13, 21-17 win in 37 minutes over joint fifth-eighth seed Chan Yan Kit of Hong Kong while world number 35 Choong Hann struggled to beat Indonesia’s fourth ranked player Alamsyah Yunus 16-21, 21-13, 22-20 in a nail-biting encounter.

Judging by Andre’s performance thus far, the 21-year-old Indonesian, who trains under former BAM Project 88-90 coach Fang Kaixiang at the Djarum Club, has established himself as the favourite for the title.

“I knew that he was going to play it tight at the net to set up his attack. I tried to avoid him at the net but some of my returns failed to clear him,” said Roslin, who has secured a wild card entry to the World Championships in Kuala Lumpur from Aug 13-19.

“I am not that upset over the loss because I played according to my game plan,” added Roslin, who is ranked 20th in the world.

A day earlier, Andre showed his class by beating joint fifth-eighth seed Ng Wei of Hong Kong 21-15, 21-4 in the third round.

The Indonesian will certainly be a tough hurdle for Kay Bin today.

“Physically, I am in good shape. I felt very comfortable with my movement,” said Kay Bin.

“For tomorrow’s match, I need to be careful of him (Andre) at the net. I am confident of matching his attacks,” said Kay Bin.

Courtesy of The Star

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

All the semi-final matches have been completed, with Team Pelatnas securing an all-Indonesian Final in the XD as anticipated. Anggun Nugroho/Nitya Krishinda beat the second-seed Svetoslav Stoyanov/Elodie Eymard 21-17, 21-14 in less than half an hour, for a showdown against Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita. Both pairs are gunning for their first GP title.

Djarum has a chance to win two titles as well with Andre Kurniawan Tedjono and Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa in the Finals. Tomorrow's matches will start at 11am Auckland time or 7am HKG/MAS time :eek:

Match-up for tomorrow:

MEN'S SINGLES
    Andre Kurniawan Tedjono vs Wong Choong Hann (MATCH OF THE FINAL) -- no question about it...Andre's form is hot...and he could beat the tired Wong Choong Hann if he plays smartly.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Albertus Susanto Njoto/Yohan Wiratama Hadikusumo vs Chan Chong Ming/Hoon Thien How -- all eyes are on the MAS pair as they continue their good form from the INA Open. They should win their first title here.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Zhou Mi vs Chie Umezu -- no doubt...Zhou Mi to win and continues her rise up the ranking tables with 5000 points earned here. She could make the top 10 by end of the year.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Meiliana Jauhardi/Shendy Puspa vs Ikue Tatani/Aya Wakisaka -- a tough match for the Djarum pair...and the Jap definitely has an edge.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita vs Anggun Nugroho/Nitya Krishinda -- phew...a solitary title for Team Pelatnas. We shall see if both pairs can rise high enough to make it to the main team..but they are reasonable back-up pairs. Devin/Lita to win!

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Schedule for tomorrow:
    11am WS
    11:45am MS
    12:30pm WD
    1:15pm XD
    2pm MD

Hopefully they will finish the WD before I go to church tomorrow :cool:

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Aaah, I think I wrote it in an unclear fashion. Sorry. I mean: Andre has a 45% chance of winning, Wong Choon Hann has 55% chance of winning. [WCH has an edge]

WCH surprised me today by beating the younger LTS with another mega marathon rubber sets. Will WCH have enough gas to play Andre with enough firepower tomorrow... we shall see... :D

11. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    Are you using wireless router? I can't stream. Do I need to set the port forwarding? The brand of my router is Linksys.

12. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    It should work now as they have not started broadcasting just now. However, it need to upgrade to QuickTime 7 in order to have video playback. (H.264 codec is not included in QuickTime 6)

13. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    i'll be rooting for WCH tomorrow in the finals, although I think Andre has the better chance of winning the title.
    My reasons:

1) Andre is in very good form right now...he's beaten all his opponents so far in straight sets (only exception is kenneth from the indonesian open)

2) WCH's last 2 games have been 3 setters so he might be a little worn...ALTHOUGH he said: “I was playing Alamsyah for the first time and although the score looked close, I’m not really tired. I should not have problems against Tsuen Seng,” said Choong Hann.

anyways...hope WCH can pull off a win tomorrow...oh yeh and ccm/hth ehehe :)

#73 Dimplex, May 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  14. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

11:00 AM WS Mi ZHOU [HKG] - [JPN] Chie UMEZU [3/4] 21-13 21-10 0:38
    11:45 AM MS Andre Kurniawan TEDJONO [INA] - [MAS] Choong Hann WONG 13-21 21-18 21-14 1:10

good job Andre :)

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Great job for Andre to claw back from 1st game defeat, but kudos too for WCH for making a battle out of it, 70 minutes in total is unheard of in 21-pts system.

Suggest Djarum send Andre to a lot more tournaments (incl Super Series), he has what it takes to mount a challenge and will only be better off in future.

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

What a result...good job by Andre Kurniawan Tedjono. Djarum certainly has unearthed a prospect in him.

17. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    He is only 21 years old. Bright future for him and Indo MS.

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Djarum team returns home with only a solitary title as well as Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa lost to the Jap pair Ikue Tatani/Aya Wakisaka in three-sets 17-21, 21-15, 16-21.

19. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    You know what I heard personally from Zhou Mi during SO? She said one day 3 matches, definitely nobody is able to cope with it. Both Zhou Mi and WCH are old, their days in Badminton Arena might be another 1 or 2 years, yet BWF let them suffer by playing qualifying round in Super Series. Based on my own yardstick, Zhou Mi current strength should be ranked 15 or less while WCH should be ranked 20 or less. Why do they need to suffer from BWF poor/lousy system?

BWF 1 to 8 seeding rule is definitely a wrong approach.
    (1) If a player with actual strength from 9~16 meets a player within 1~8 ranking in the first round, he/she will only get 2200 ranking points if they lose. If this is the case, the World Ranking will not be able to reflect the actual strength of the player. Therefore, they should change back to 1~16 seeding rule.
    (2) Their initial intention is to attract spectators for early round, but what happened is: QF, SF and final matches are losing their attraction because good players are eliminated in the early rounds.

20. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Sorry I really have no idea about routers and stuff, though I can say I'm using a D-Link DSL-G604T and that's all I know :eek:.