KAWASAKI Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KWSKJP, Apr 30, 2019.

1. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

2. Randysch

Randysch New Member

I have this version and i would say specs are the same.

pootisfoib likes this.
  3. Barkov Maxim

Barkov Maxim Regular Member

My story with Honor S9 is finished.
    I sold this racket and bought another tectonic 7.
    The main problem, as I mentioned before, was the control. As I understand off center shots leads to significant deviation from aiming point.
    I was not able to manage it. One more negative point was vibrations in the handle after overhead shots. It is not critical but noticible.

kingsooji and Raju like this.
  4. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

Appreciate the feedback Barkov. Helpful for anyone who is actively after a S9.

Just to get a new toy & to have a backup racket I'm following used market for:
    Turbocharging N9 II
    Tectonic 7
    Jetspeed S12 II (not very sure yet)
    TKFE

My primary racket and love is Bravesword 12 3U. Love being defensive , countering , net play .

pootisfoib likes this.
  5. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

The Kawasaki S9 has a thick head frame width to bring stability and power in flat game like Yonex NF 700, BaBolat Xfeel origin essential ... When you do a full swing to clear and especially if you are off center you feel that the racket doesn't fly smoothly through the air. With time you can fix this easily. S9 is good for club / intermediate level player. Intermediate/advanced will a stiffer and more stable racket imo.

pootisfoib likes this.
  6. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

7. mChavez

mChavez New Member

Hi All.

Has anyone tried Kawasaki Mao 16? As far as I can tell, it's supposed to be a "junior" version of Mao 18, but the catalogue specs suggest it still comes with a very stiff shaft and adult length, implying a strong & skilled user (in which case, what's so junior about it?).

Thanks.

8. mChavez

mChavez New Member

Found the answer myself. It seems to be a slightly slimmer version of Mao 18 III that's marginally less stiff (but not as flexy as Porcelain Q7).

Has anyone tried Mao 18 III?

9. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Picked up a Honor Yeren, in a curious experiment to try 80g (5U ish). I've tried S6 and S7. Didn't like the S7 because of the feedback but the S6 was pleasant to play with.

Yeren seems to do the reverse of recent rackets where the top is more boxer and the lower half is sharp. Also it seems to be different from the other Honor range where they've gone head heavier but lowered the weight.

Power seems easier and I seem to be getting better angles in my smashes. My usual racket is BS12 4U and I really struggle with this racket with not great shuttles that we use in my other session, so I've found myself using this racket in my last two sessions.

Price is good too at £70, cheaper at AliExpress if you going to be doing the 11.11 sale.

Will need to report back when I've tried this in my harder session.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

#269 Rimano, Nov 9, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
  10. Soumya

Soumya New Member

Looking for a good head heavy kawasaki badminton racket, shall be value for money ......currently play with TK 9000 and Maxbolt Gallant Tour