Kason Twister F9

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ioxyg3n520, Mar 15, 2012.

1. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

I don't know specifically about Kason, but for Yonex the max tension listed on the racket is the max tension covered by warranty, not the max possible. There really shouldn't be any problems with stringing up to 30 pounds as long as you have a good stringer, people do it all the time.

2. mensa0106

mensa0106 Regular Member

here is my problem..i strung my F9 with bg66 24 lbs..but when i stroke,d shuttle only went to the opponent mid court..
    i have another racket RSL heat 9500 with bg80 power and i strung it with 25lbs..easily to get power smash and when i stroke,d shuttle easily reach opponent baseline..
    i tought with lower tension,the power is greater..is it because of bg80 power and bg66?

3. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

I like my F9. It's awesome. Never had any problems with the frame. I'm super cautious about clashing. I'd rather lose the point than clash. Yeah, I'd say the racket is harder to control around the net since its so springy and flexible. Its shaft feels very light, maybe even hollow. I strung mine with BG 95 at 27lbs. Ive always used 25-27. Prob not going to go higher than 27 since the racket is doing what I want it to do: attack, win, and in a less demanding way.Compared to my panda power ultra 2, the f9 has a flexible shaft so I need to hit the shuttle earlier to account for this. And my f9 is lighter, more forgiving and easier to play with. (I still play with both). F9 has great smashing power, but with better technique, should be even stronger. Meaning can handle more.. Overall, I like this racket a lot for its attacking qualities. Here in the U.S. it's not easy to find this racket, seems it has more of an Asian market. I got it in Asia. If you can, buy it, it is a great racket.

4. BlueTornado

Speaking of it being hard to get in the US, I agree. Have to ship it from stores in Asia which isn't as convenient.

Badminton Nation, the new distributor for Li-Ning badminton stuff in the US, also has distribution rights for Kason. I've already spoken to them about possibly getting some Twister and TSF series pieces shipped with the next order in a few months. If more of you talk to them and demonstrate a greater interest in getting some over here, I think they might be more likely to oblige!

#24 BlueTornado, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  5. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    bought the F9, and luckily since im playing 3-4 hours every session i wont go for above 26lbs as above than that tires me out quickly(scared when i see Mr.Seafood racket), the shop keeper told me max tension (not the stated one) is 28 for main n 29 for cross, so max tension as suggested by the shopkeeper is 28 for social player, pro player dont mind la cuz they got many2 spare racket :)

better stick with lower tension than mentioned unless u have tons of spare racket IMHO :)
    will give out brief reviews on it cheer

6. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

Just to share, I was also having trouble generating power with BG80P. Had no problems with BG66UM <--the only string I use now.

7. mensa0106

mensa0106 Regular Member

fuh..had a game yesterday night..i used d F9 for d entire session..really love it..my friends said wahhh..smash makin meletop2..ha3..looking forward to change to NBG98..a lot of good comments for dat string..now im using BG66 with 24 lbs..next time maybe i;m going to use 25@26lbs..see how it goes...:D

8. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    alamak bro u bikin i panas, im injured still cannot use my weapon :p, btw from your personal point of view, is the shaft too flexy? i've used VT70 which is medium olso but i think it is more stiff than F9, and have sw36 which is stiffer than my kason F9.

9. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    used my F9 with Bg66 26lbs last nite, was really getting into it until the string snapped hahaha. 1 day old string bad string job combine with bad durability string haha. will go for BG66UM to try with this afterward.
    anyway kason F9 is very all-rounder i would say, still need to adjust with accuracy, but one thing i notice it is a very easy racket to use, and shuttle leave the string bed easily compared with my other racket, it is light and fast racket, power department not bad, (MY HAND IS NOT FUHAIFENG HAND REMEMBER), it shines in defense, and last second drop or smash or clear.
    the swing speed is also astonishingly fast comparable with VT70 but with less head heaviness and lighter, i did not use much effort in lob and backhand. but accuracy is a lil bit lacking will have a go for a month and come out with another review for it.

a review from a noob who owns VT70, Gosen Ryoga Issen, Superwave 36, and other rackets.

10. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    im loving F9 evenmore now hahahaha

11. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    updated review, have some timing issues with jump smashes, i swing the racket too fast, but so far it works and shines well in the other area.

12. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    player's rackets are way more different than ours,and for ur info,their rackets can take up too 35lbs of stringing,same with yonex,so if u ever got an IP model of yonex or whatsoever and if the price is reasonable,TAKE IT. =)

13. demoniez

demoniez Regular Member

I guess u prob got this coming by hitting too many ridiculous low balls.
    Heed the warnings. It is never meant for people relying on stiffness and head heaviness for power.

14. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    This is exactly my observation. Massive amounts of power, but control is a challenge... even controlling clears to corners is more difficult to direct accurately.

15. BlueTornado

Yeah, that racket is so flexible, you've got to be careful to control your shots.

16. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    F9 shortest review ever.

hello guys,i just got my F9 2 days ago stung with BG66 ultimax at 28lbs(30 lbs prestretched) and happened to play few matches with the racket last night,well before this i have used Li-ning Flame n36,N90,C7,Fleet Woven Triotec 3500.....and before i got my hand on this F9,i have always tot that The triotec suited me very well..probably because of the stiff shaft and the lighter head?..i had problems with the flame and n90 >>>too weighty i guessed....c7 the shaft is not as as stiff as f9 and guess what ,the F9 surprises me when the feelings of using it is exactly the same like the triotec,drive and clear was easy,smashes are no doubt powerful..just that..the controling was a lil bit uneasy...but got over it after the first match. well i guess i m gonna get few of this racket and get some milf tape for single's game.xD kaka

17. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    its mid flex but its certainly not head heavy.

18. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    "...c7 the shaft is not as as stiff as f9..."

All along, C7 is known for stiffer shaft compared to F9...

19. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    It should be but when started to play...it feels different,the c7 flex more ,seriously.lol

20. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Erm, I doubt that coz even by physically bending the shaft, F9 is obviously so much more flexible compared to C7... But I dont have a F9 to compare, so.. let those who tried both to confirm this...