Kason F9 and C7 reviews ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by shinta, Jan 11, 2011.

1. JonSim

JonSim Regular Member

Hi all,

just want to ask more on the F9 stiffness compared to C7 if anyone can advise further. Thanks !

i'm currently using a C7, its really fast in my opinion but i cant generate good power with it.. definitely due to my swing technique and my physical strength. But i am totally enjoying playing with it ^^

2. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

F9 is a medium flex racket

i find it too flexible for me....

not sure about others

3. JonSim

JonSim Regular Member

Oh, for smashing, did u need to exert good amount of strength? and for swing , is the speed fast in your opinion ? btw wats ur racket string/tension ?

4. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

5. Sportsguy

Sportsguy Regular Member

students
    in my opinion, first link too cheap is because the racquet is underwater product....:)

6. Swizz

Swizz Regular Member

Student
  7. willsabeefcake

willsabeefcake Regular Member

trainee accountant
    Mybadmintonstore is great! I purchased a C7 from them and it came in about a week and a half, and I'm in the UK! Great product, had it re-strung by them which they did a good job on and it's a quality racket. C7 FTW :)

8. Alapongtai

are there fake kason rackets? c7 and f9 in particular

9. Swizz

Swizz Regular Member

Student
    my f9 arrived yesterday.. first impression is that it looks GREAT! :DI had a hit with it for 2 hours, strung with nanogy95 at 24/26 lbs. easy racket to maneuvoure, the flex is nice for mid court intercept kills when you dont have much room to swing.smashes and clears pretty much effortless, with the semi hh balance and medium flex. I dont know if it was me, but my smashes seemed to fly at my opponents racket arm armpit alot more. :)didnt get to test it at the net, but the first few net shots were prety average, kept pushing them a bit too far.. should get better with practice.overall, a good racket for singles and excellent for doubles. (If your like fhf and smash all day at the back)thanks

10. Alapongtai

my c7 should be here sometime soon...ill see how that goes

11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Hey, I impulse bought a C7! :)

Had absolutely no intention of buying one - was actually probably going to buy another Victor BS11 or maybe get a BS09, but there was just something about it that screamed 'buy me'.

It had the trifecta though. It was white, it's a 'minor' brand, and I kinda always wanted a Kason but felt a bit weird about them getting bought out by LiNing. It's really quite obvious when you put them side-by-side how LiNing has incorporated a lot of the technology they bought from Kason into their N-Series.

So now some specs and some really bad iPhotos......

Kason C7 Twister
    85g dry, 91g net
    BP 304mm
    String VS850 @ 24lbs
    Grip RKEP Ultimate replacement

photo-5.JPG photo-6.JPG

The weird thing after coming back with racket in hand, is that I expected Cai Yun's racket of choice to be headlight and stiff, and FHF's racket to be head heavy and a bit more flexible, but turns out it's the other way around. I expected this to have a BP of about 290 so I was shocked when it came out at 304 - heavier than my Victor MX80s.

Sweet!

And now the long wait before I get to try it out......

12. Alapongtai

dang, where the hell is mine... i mightve been scammed T.T
    but we shall see.
    btw, i thought C7 was supposed to be headheavy and stiff and F9 balanced and medium flex? well thats what it says on websites lol
    cant wait for the review! is the picture before you strung it with vs850?

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Yeah I know! You'd expect FHF to have the head heavier racket wouldn't you.

But 304 is a good BP and a nice compliment to what I already have, so it's worked out well.

14. Alapongtai

maybe he has a even balanced racket to have better defense? man, imagine FHF with a headheavy racket lol. not sure why he uses medium flex tho. he has the wrist im sure...

15. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

FHF looks more of an arm smasher than a wrist smasher from the slow-mo video posted on youtube. you can literally see that his racket, left arm and right leg is in line when he smashes. its especially prominent when he does off-centre-smashes.

its a full body smash there :D

16. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    agreed, i had a go with F9, its good for both arm/wrist smasher actually. but fu hai feng is a pro player he trained extensively everyday, therefore we cannot compare ourself with him hehe. but actually before i was using Vt70 i can do like 2-3 smash in succession, but with F9 i did 3-5 smash in succession, yes indeed it lacks a bit of power (remember i don train everyday, but i did play 5x a week haha), but i still din get the correct timing for jump smashes. and still i do half-smash to correct my technique n adjust my power with the racket, all i can say, its a great racket. love using it at the front, also at the rear. really interested in the C7 btw haha

17. Alapongtai

hmm interesting. would u guys say f9 is better in singles or the c7?
    i have a c7 and wanna try the f9...lol

18. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    i would say F9 is a great all rounder. still racket is each person individual preference, ive seen some1 use even balance n slightly stiff racket, but rain down hard smashes. a good example, FHF!!! :p
    as for singles i might prefer a stiffer racket, for accuracy, but if ur not up to it, just settle for a medium flex and adjust to it :) hope that helps

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    F9 is an even balance racket, on the other hand C7 is slightly head heavy. Both racket are able to be used as a Singles racket. As i would prefer slightly head heavy racket, then C7 is better for me. The best way for you is to try those rackets, if not, then you should know whether you prefer slightly head heavy or even balance racket...

20. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    agreed with licin :)