JO finals results

Discussion in 'Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004' started by - 73* -, Apr 10, 2004.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think the results in the Japan Open are good for the game. At least the glories are more spread around this time. Never mind the controversy of whether they are imported players or not. If the IBF allows them to represent a certain country, so be it. The real task for Holland and Singapore now is use these 'jewels' to 'bud-graft' their talents into the national badminton scene and to become a future badminton power. It wont be easy as it takes time and a certain environment to cultivate a badminton culture, similar to the days of Wong Peng Soon, in Singapore.

2. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Thanks Loh and hcyong,

I didn't really say that Ronald is a product of Indonesia.
    What I tried to say was : He was Indonesian-born.

Yes..... I am agree with you guys.
    Ronald was actually a raw diamond, when he moved to Singapore to study, just like many young Indonesian studends.

Unlike Fung Permadi, Nyoto, Agus, Mia, etc, etc.... He was unknown before he went to Singapore, but he has already played/trained in one of the best clubs in Jakarta. I think that he has gotten his badminton's basic and foundation in the club.

He has a talent, but maybe at that time was not a big one, and also there were so many big names at that time. Let's say : "Forgeten by PBSI".
    When he arrived in Singapore, his talent was a big one to a Singapore mesurement. So... he got attention from SBA. Then began with "The making of a new Badminton Star".
    But... all what Ronald gets to day, can't be happen without his "hard work".

Mulyo Handoyo also has a "share" of Ronald's success.
    He became mature after getting a special touch from Mulyo Handoyo.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thanks Taneepak, I agree with what you've said. It is not easy to nurture and develop a badminton star that can take on the likes of giants like China, Indonesia and Malaysia without a good plan and a solid foundation. Denmark has found its own blueprint. Singapore has laid out its Master Plan and is trying to put the digits into place. Our target is 2012 and if everything falls into place we hope to be able to feature in the TC Finals.

Thanks also to contributions from hcyong and jkusmanto. Totally agree that it is the player himself/herself who will finally make or break his own career. Ronald has worked very hard during the past one or two years and is now more focused on what he really wants. With this sort of determination and ambition and the willingness to trained very hard to achieve success, he should not fail. I'm sure we will hear more from him.

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    :D Congrats Wilfred

Could it be just pure luck for you to bet Ronald to beat Bao? Most people will say you're out of your mind!

Anyway, luck for kwun for not offering a prize on this one, otherwise he might have lost his SHIRT!

Who will you pick to win in a return match between Ronald and Choong Hann?
    A bit sensitive, but I can't blame you if you go for CH.
    :D :D :D