Jetspeed 12 vs Auraspeed 90s

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Khamenman, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

I've been doing some research, and now I'm very curious about the Adidas Kalkul A5, something which I never considered before. Is it as accurate as they say? Because after all, if you don't hit with accuracy, then every other aspect means nothing. I'd be curious to read what you do and don't like about it compared to your JS12 and others.

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Haha... I was about to recommend trying it a few days ago when I read your messages....

The reason for which I didn't do it is that I've only tried the A3 and that will most likely be slightly too stiff for what you've been describing. With the A3 you know it was your fault when the shuttle doesn't go where you wanted it to go. The racket is great with good feedback, without being too harsh. It's a great racket, just too (head)light for me.

I guess the A5 might be just what you're looking for.

3. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Guys,

I got to play with a friends Li Ning Turbocharging 75i tonight, which LN says was formerly named the N7ii Lite Green/Black. I loved it. It was accurate, had control, was fast, and felt solid. It made the lightweight Yonex Astrox 22 I tried feel like a dry, stiff stick (really starting to not like the lack of feel of Yonex rackets). The only things I didn't like were that I thought it could use a little more weight in the head because the smash was weak, and a little more flexibility, but I LOVED everything else and the sub-80 gram weight. After reading the specs on LN's website, it turns out that the length of the 75i is 670mm, but there is a sister racket, the 70i, formerly known as the N7ii Lite Pink, that is 675mm. All other specs are identical. I'm thinking the extra 5mm in shaft length could make the 70i exactly what I'm looking for by adding just a touch more flex and giving the head the extra kick it needs for smashes. Besides that, I have a Yonex Armortec 700 that is only 670mm long, and I am constantly wishing it was full length to get to those dink net shots better. There was some discussion that the racket I tried was a fake because she got it very cheaply, but if it was, that just makes me wonder how much better the real thing would be. What do you think? Does this sound reasonable?

4. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Khamenman, did you get an AS90S? It seems from another post that you did. I'd love to read your comparison of it to your favorite JS12.

#24 Scrench, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  5. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

No, I don't have one. I even haven't tried it. I am thinking of getting AS90K instead since it is a little bit head heavier.

6. insanity

insanity New Member

Do share your experience once you had a swing at it!

7. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

JS12 is a little head heavier and stiffer than AS90s. If it's JS12M (blue) then it's even more head heavy and stiffer than the older JS12 yellow.
    For me the JS12/JS12M had more power and a little more feel than the AS90S.
    The AS90K is more comparable to the JS12/JS12M being stiff/head heavy whereas the AS90S is more of an all round racket.

pootisfoib likes this.