Is Voltric Z force 2 still a good buy in 2023

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zeeshan355, Apr 12, 2023.

1. zeeshan355

zeeshan355 New Member

Ok please help. Is z force 2 still a good racket to buy in the year 2023 when you have astrox 100zz and 99pro and 88d pro.
    Give me some reason why would you still consider it. What do you love about it

Also give me some reasons why would you avoid it. What do you hate about it.

I have astrox 88d pro and 99pro. I have never tried z force 2 but reviews like its a power house convince me to buy one. Should i buy it or should I try some thing other.

Which racket do you think comes close to z force 2 or better

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Racket are just a tool. At the right hand it boost player performance up to 10% & no more.
    Also remember 10% of 10 are 1 while 10% of 100 are 10. So, only when you could perform greatly, the affect could be significant.

Then old or new? Unless its way to old like wooden racket or iron racket, all carbon fiber racket regardless tech are equal. Its more about characteristic than the worthyness.
    Old Voltric are sledge hammer racket series, very powerfull that no one can match but somewhat sluggish.
    Newer Astrox are more fast pace hammer racket that sacrifice power for manouverability.
    Which one better? Super Smash or Rapid Smash? Rocket or machine gun? The answer are vary between player, so pick one for urself.

But.... New racket with so many gimmic are just so attractive to try. New car toys are always more fun to use than the old boring car toys one even tho its all the same, a car toy, brum brum...
    Psicologicaly aspect.

3. zeeshan355

zeeshan355 New Member

Thank you it makes sense
    I have 88d pro and 99pro. I love 99pro the sledge hammer I was just a bit qurious as to what z force 2 power would feel like.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

4. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

As someone who owned both at the same time, you will find that the power of the ZForce2 wont be overwhelming as the specs would suggest. Sure it maybe more powerful...but we're talking about 100% vs 90%. the average folks are not going to notice the difference. The playability on the other hand, it's night and day. If you already have the 99 Pro, my suggestion is to be happy with it. If you like to collect like I did, by all means try.

zeeshan355 likes this.
  5. baronspill

baronspill Regular Member

I played singles yesterday. Started with my 88DP 4uG5 (exbolt 63 at 27x29lbs). Great power, accuracy, speed, control, then the strings snapped. No spare yet, so took my LCW ZF2 3uG5 (aerosonic at sub 25lbs, last strung in 2017) out of my bag. Everything was on a par, but just found it slightly more demanding (smaller head and stiffer shaft) and control not quite as good but then the strings were at a lower tension.

I'd say both rackets are excellent but the 88DP is an upgrade as it's easier to use for very similar results.

zeeshan355 likes this.
  6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

To be fair, i wont said its an upgrade.
    Coz upgrade on some aspect but downgrade to other aspect.

I think different characteristic & playability are more suited.

88DP are easier to use, great power.
    Other hand ZF are more demanding to use, potentially more powerfull than 88DP but due to its difficulty not many player could unleash its full potential not to mention non athlete player that had less physical training than the pros.

I guest ZF are the most difficult beast to tame so far.

zeeshan355 likes this.
  7. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

one thing in my experience playing with VZF2 compared to newer ones (my go-to now is 100ZZ), control is a bit harder using VZF2. for sure power shots feel great, smash, drive, backhand (especially if you hit the sweetspot). but i feel like it's harder to control my net shots.

8. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

Yes, it is the best racket that I ever use. IMO Tri voltage system > Rotational generator system

Wish VTZF2 still available in my country. Had the LCW version and I sold it during covid, now regret it af
    Right now I can only pray Yonex launches VTZF2 Pro soon.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It’s a good racquet. It suits some people really well and for others they find it difficult and prefer other racquets.

I played a lot of doubles with it. You have to pay more attention to your ready position and racquet position after hitting the shuttle otherwise your arm will be slow for the next shot. It was really nice for mid court shots because I could just squeeze my fingers without much backswing when hitting the shuttle and the shuttle would still go over the net with a nice trajectory. Netshot ok as well

It is a very robust racquet. If you can get a good price for it, why not try it?

speCulatius likes this.