Is this a 7* tourney?

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by snasirin, Apr 12, 2007.

1. snasirin

snasirin Regular Member

Lecturer
    Judging from the homepage (i.e., super unimpressive html version 1.0 scoreboard) as well as the comments from our honourable colleagues (scary toilet condition), I don't think this "event" should be considered as a 7* tournament. It is so unprofessional.

Shame on you! the organiser ... Shame on you! Johor ... Shame on you! Malaysia. MALAYSIA TAK BOLEH:crying: !:crying:

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

No you are right, it is only 5* !:rolleyes:

3. kktan

kktan Regular Member

we always claim.. we have the highest and the most stars. but pls.... learn how to sweep the floor and open all exits points when the all the spectators are exiting!!!!!! last nite... squuzed until.. my bum also pain. pity the ladies.

4. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    is it? i thought it was lower... like 3 star...

5. kktan

kktan Regular Member

in reality/... i gip it no STAR!!!!

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Learn how to read this :rolleyes:

7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i think that has nothing to do with the old stadium, it is the organiser or BAM to be blamed.......

cant do anything right.

8. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    1. The prize money of this tournament = [​IMG]

2. The quality of competition = [​IMG] (with only a few excellent players, no europeans participation, mostly junior players involved)

3. Fame =[​IMG]

Only reason why it didn't turn out with a few days of empty stadium is that it is being held in Malaysia:D If this is to be held anywhere else other than Malaysia, Indonesia, China... almost guarantee 50+% empty seats everyday.:crying:

No wonder why most top players decide to skip this one. I think China sent out a stronger team to the 3* German Open 07 than this year's ABC.:rolleyes: (CH is not included, as he does not belong in the national team any more)

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Why would their be European Players at the Asian championships?

Continental championships are like WC, OG, TC/UC, SC no prize money, but more for the title of being the champion of you continent/country/world.

In Asia it seems the players are less concerned with thee chapionships. The European championships are generally well attended and most if not all the top players play.Guess this is because they have a chance of winning for once!:D

10. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Exactly my point. My expression may have been misleading in the first place. Since it is Asian championships... it automatically excludes all europeans, then with the no-show of top Chinese players+others, the competition is not worthy of being called a 7* tournament.

There are so many Malaysian players, it is more like another Malaysia Open again this year... except it is not a super series event, but more like a 4* Malaysia Open or something.

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Normally you show more intelligence than this. (Didn't have your banana before you post again?)
    I happen to be a spectator from QF onwards and It was a terrific tournament! MS defintely better than AE07. Who needs CHN team A when you have the real top MS stars like CH, LCW and TH?

12. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    hahaha who cares.. as long as can watch them perform up to their standard!!
    hahaha :D

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I happen to be a spectator from QF onwards and It was a terrific tournament! MS defintely better than AE07. Who needs CHN team A when you have the real top MS stars like CH, LCW and TH?

Badminton needs CHN A team, just as CHN needs competition to not being dominant with nobody to challenge them...otherwise, this game would stay as a regional game in Asia...similar to the days before CHN, KOR played, where only DEN, INA and MAS play and dominate the game...that is not healthy for badminton growth. BTW, CH, TH and LCW are great and still excellent players but fading and aging stars.

14. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    haha.... LCW isnt tat old but somehow he is jumping on board together with CH n TH... hmmm... very worrying indeed.. :D