Is 2 Yonex Flying Clamps enough for Dropweight?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by New_Guy04, May 17, 2019.

1. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

I'm talking for both crosses and mains. I heard you need to use the staggered method with 4 clamps in order to ensure no slippage of mains, but I was wondering if 2xYonex is enough to hold 27-28lbs max. How bigg of a difference would the staggered method really make on those tensions when compared to just two yonexes?

2. MrTraitor

MrTraitor Regular Member

3. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

I use a drop weight with 2 yonex flying clamps. The flying clamps are great. The clamp on the tensioning mechanism slips sometimes on high tension and slippery strings, but the yonex clamps have never had that problem for me.

4. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

Two Yonex's flying clamps are enough, but I always use a Delrin flying double clamp (the photo below) made for tennis as a starting clamp, when I double-pull the first two mains. Why ? Because I had some issue in the past when using other clamps made of steel as a starting clamp in the very beginning of the stringing process (starting the mains). The delrin double clamp with the blocking system has 2 advantages : less risk of slippage (you can adjust the force of the clamping system) and if it slips, it doesn't damage the string.
    [​IMG]