injury...

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by twobeer, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Funny, please explain why it takes 3 hard sets to settle the game between CJ and CH? (19-21 22-20 21-16 ) So you say CJ or CH didn't put effort into fighting?? And Given this match is played before BCL and LCW, why wouldn't them preserve some energy just in case if the home favor LCW win over Bao???

And PG get tired after fighting 3 sets agaist Bao while CH has ONLY played 3 sets agaist Hafiz on first round then ONLY played another 3 sets agaist Sony and finally ONLY 3 sets agaist CJ??????

Oh well, if only Hafiz, Sony or CJ would have played like me then I am sure CH would be in a very good shape.:eek:

2. block306

block306 Regular Member

So confusing.......lost in translation.

3. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    lmao sportsmanship and personal pride. LIke i said Record a convo between LYB and CH when he tells him to WO and then come back with some real evidence.

And i do sincerely apologise if CH doesnt report his injuries to the world through the press. Somehow i think that choice resides with the player. Common sense and respect for privacy huh.

4. General Foo

student
    I think the point is very clear. CH played more sets up to the Semis than anyone so every chance of injury. No evidence of WO between CH and CJ to conserve energy when Bao may not have even won against LCW.

I think eveyone should just accept that CH was probably injured and resides the right to withdraw in such circumstances. What are you advocating? that we force players to report their injuries to the media so everyone believes them like PG or that we force them to play even if they are ill?

5. General Foo

student
    CH lost to Hafiz today anyway

More evidence of Injury or do you think LYB told him to lose this one as well?

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, now we know CH lost to Hafiz. Can we give CH and LYB a break now? God, I just don't get the double standard issue. The injuries (even if minor) can bug anyone. I know a WO might disappoint the fans, but it's not like if we pay, the player/coach has to do whatever (even if means someone might be in the hospital).

Ok, PG gives a WO, he's still the god. CH gives a WO, he and LYB immediately become the target. Now, CH can't perform to his standard now, are we happy now? :mad:

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    A younger "team mate" means BCL. Please, he's in a sense not anywhere worse than Chen Yu. :cool:

From our logic, we can't see how Danes get benefit from PG's WO. From our logic, we smell that there's a fix. However, do we have any solid proof??? Please don't give me all the bs "record", "feeling" etc. You can't put someone in jail, because he has a "record" or not, or just because you don't like him/her.

The solid fact I can see through all these (and almost every single tourny), is ppl can't take the fact that CHN team doing fairly well, and can't swallow the fact that their own players are losing. Let's put this way, it's because they are good, that they have mult. entries in the final 4 (even with limited entries), then, they can even qualified to be "questioned". I don't think any other team even have the chance to do so (not many, at least). :cool:

8. sopho

sopho Regular Member

Many years back while in IBF Forum I have criticise agaisnt LYB dirty strategy. But those guys just ask me to accept it. Feels good to know that there is ppl think like me.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Because ppl like you can't take the fact that LYB's team is better, you get many supporters. :cool:

Ppl, CHN get the most GOLD, not because they won the national debating champion using their mouth. If other nations don't train their athlete, but just complain, no wonder they can't catch up. :eek:

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    IF He was injured why did he play at all???? (lost 18-21 in the decider).. Why Didnt LYB tell him to WO..

/T

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't know what to say to you. He gives a WO, he's a cheater. He fights hard, you ask "why he even bother to play at all". "Rest and feel better on the 2nd day" is very "logical" to anyone, right?

Sometimes, we are very sick, we stay at home, or got sent to hospital. Sometimes, we just need to take a bit medicine, hang on, still go to work. If I have to be in "perfect" shape in order to move my butt, I might filed my early retirement like when I was 6 years old. :eek:

12. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

Are you talking about PG? He was hospitalized before the game. And yet he not only recovered pretty well but managed to win the title. Are you suggesting either PG's illness is a well-plotted drama or he is like Wolverine? If these are the only choices, I will go with Wolverine.

Oh, btw, now Chen Hong lost to Hafiz in KO. What's your take now? Like Stephen Colbert said, "Facts can change all the time, but my opinion will never change".

13. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

That's true. But in this case, it is the speculated intention (actually the speculation itself) that generates controversy.

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    You are putting words in my mouth that I didn't say.. Never called CH a cheater (I have only positive things to say about CH actually)..

If you get offended by the "suspisicon" that mgmt team tactics could be behind the WO.. then there is nothing I can do about that..

The point you are making is that you think CH was injured.. But then you also put forward argument that team-orders are common in Nascar, Tour the france etc, implying that it therefor should only be expected, and maybe even okay..

I simply ask 2 questions...

a) Do you think CH had such a major waist injury that he would have not been able to put up a good fight against Bao in the semis.

b) Do you think team-tacticts (like Tour De france, Nascar) and WOs, lay-matches are okay in a badminton-tournament in general.

I am certainly not judge and jury.. Everybody has the right to their own "beleifs" as long as there are no solid proofs... But I can ask the questions.. right?

/T

15. General Foo

student
    I think ure a bit unbalanced i was actually making the point that it was Ch's right to withdraw against Bao and i believe his injury so i was pointing out to others that his loss to hafiz is evidence of his injury and he did not fake a wo.

No need to bite everyone's head off. Seriously unbalanced.:mad:

16. General Foo

student
    Hows this for a plan?

Everyone just shut up and leave it cause we are all going around in circles and some people are down right stubborn. Not meantioning any names but "COUGH ...Twobber... Cough"

17. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Hafiz is no pushover. He is actually capable of beating Chen Hong.

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Where this coming from? I thought I was also using the case that CH lost to Hafiz to prove that CH's injury might be very legit? :eek:

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The injury does not have to be as serious as an operation. However, if the player has the worry, and don't see the point to take a risk, I think s/he have every right to say "WO".

In another thread, I just listed that CHN players' decision might be influence by the coaching staff (not necessary an order, but could be an suggestion). It's like, you are sick, but not likely as seriously as going to hospital. You are debating with yourself, whether to go to work today. Then, mom comes in, and say, better take the rest. Most likely, you will be convienced to stay at home. :rolleyes:

As a fan myself, I want to see every single match going to 3 sets, deuce, every rally featuring 200 shots, and every game going to last 5 hours. However, I know that's not happening, and that's not fair to force the players to do that every single time. All the "team strategy" (whatever we call it), is more like the "grey area" in any sport. As long as they are not obviously again the written rule, we have to accept it.

Put this way, there are fighting in hockey, there are intentional fouling in basketball. Do you think those actually are good example for kids to learn, to play tough? There are "benching your all stars" once the game result is clearly determine. Do you think fans like to see whole bunch of "no names" running around, as they are pay $$$ to come to watch?

All i am saying is, we should not always use of own point of view (fans) to judge the player/coach. There are natually some "conflict of interest" involved, and can't be resolved to begin with.

20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    could not agee more :)

hmmm.. Don't think so.. Then Women Doubles would be the most fun to watch :D :D
    My 1st prio is game quality not numer of rallies played :p

Maybe we have to accept it.. But do we have to LIKE it??

Maybe if enough number of voices are rasied against using "grey areas" in the rules etc. It could make some difference??

Exactly!! If these things could be changed it would be so much better for kids to learn and take to all the good and positive things about sport, not the "win at any cost" mentality, that goes from grey-area to match-fixing to steroids and so on so forth...

So true, so true, but I think it is really nice if the best players and coaches of the world try to be good role models for the kids, because they have a lot of power to influence fans and kids on how to behave on court and show goos sportsmanship to promote the good aspects of a game.. The "gray-areas" are seldom things anyone really wants to promote, right??

/T

P.S. I loved Lee Jae Boks video for beginners to learn badminton and start with the foundation "the roots".. Attitude is a must.. Respect for the opponent is a foundation.. These are foundations for sportmaships that every player really should try his best to always think about D.S.

#40 twobeer, Jan 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007