Indonesia wants Rexy to coach doubles

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by apontoh, May 14, 2007.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Indonesia has a 'Mainaky' (Rexy's bro), almost a look-a-like. So they should not try to get another......Malaysia can use him better.

Rexy would find it hard to go back to an uncertain future in Indonesia with PBSI having problems. As a professional, Malaysia would appeal more to him.

2. IndoAmerican

IndoAmerican Regular Member

Let this be a lesson....

I think PBSI should learn from this lesson.

It is way too late to bring back those invididuals who have made decisions to venture to other countries.

I am sure Rexy, Tony, Halim, Atik, etc took big risks when they first went overboard; now they have a new life in other countries and suceeded outside INA, money is NOT the only one factor (although a huge one). Other factors also come to play.

The lesson here, IMHO, is to treat your people right when they are with you; Therefore you should provide the right incentives, proper treatments, and make it so that they don't even need to consider going somewhere else. Set the politics aside.

I agree with Krisna, PBSI should focus on the future, admit the past mistakes and move on... (and don't play politics with sports)

#22 IndoAmerican, May 14, 2007
    Last edited: May 14, 2007
  3. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

Rexy made the promise to help MAS win WC and OG which MAS never won. He also committed to BAM he will stay with MAS until the next renewed contract expires. I believe Rexy will keep his words. PSBI need to find a different solutions for now. My sincere hope INA will return to its glorious years one day. We need more countries to combat the GIANT badminton powerhouse China.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    traditor? look in the mirror, pbsi greediness and political red tape is wrecking INA badminton. I had predicted this downward trend many years ago. INA players leaving is a good thing, it might force changes in pbsi.

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Oh no.... Rexy is NOT leaving Msia, NOT now.... Msia's pairs need him to polish up their skills, tactics, mental, etc... Hope I dont need to sign the petition form to get Rexy to stay at Msia :eek:

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Like to add a little on this, Cooler. I disagree with the use of 'traitor' here.

1) there's a contract issue. Can PBSI buy Rexy out of his contract and is that ethical?

2) Work for much lower pay in PBSI? Rexy has been to England - Pay must be good there when converted to Rupiah. His expectations have changed

3) Work for PBSI because of National pride? Good reason. When men get married and have children, just to move country like that to lower pay needs a lot of consideration. You have to make sure that the family is not going to suffer.

4) Objective - Bring up INA doubles? Good point if you have the players who can make it. Rexy might have assessed the potential of the current players. Is it something he can produce results with? If the potential is poor, no amount of Rexy's charisma, talent or management skills can produce results.

5) Personal achievement. For some people, if there's a job to do, it needs to be done to completion and done well. So far, Rexy's results are one ABC and one All England. That's after how many months in M'sia? He's laid down the groundwork but not seen it to fruitation.

I'm sure Rexy has his heart in Indonesia. Going to PBSI right now might not be high on his list of priorities. Besides, is there room for him at PBSI? Does he think the structure within PBSI is something he can cope with right now?

Lots of factors to consider.

#26 Cheung, May 14, 2007
  7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Honestly, as I talked to some official 2 years ago, PBSI should clean up or manage the admistration better....there is no leadership anymore...we can see that taufik could strike by not going to AE and Swiis SS...

You can imagine that the player can challenge PBSI so it is enough to say that PBSI has a "REAL PROBLEM"...

PBSI should clean up Its HOUSE and set up better structure before hoping for better result in near future...

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#28 ctjcad, May 14, 2007
  9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Not only Rexy left PBSI. Even some juniour and senior players went to Spore as sparring partners.

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    This is another sad scenario. I remember in the early 90s, PBSI was very tough, players had to toe the line, and most importantly, they produced results!!! Multiple Thomas Cup victories from 1994 - 2002, several World Championship victories and Olympic Golds in 92, 96, 2000, even 2004 (ok, that was when PBSI already had trouble).

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    There are so many talented former MD players in Indonesia and I don't believe none of them is as capable as Rexy! Are you saying that Rexy's coach Christian Hadinata is not good enough to coach for team Indonesia? Come on, the system is so corrupted and spoil and no one can really fix it and Rexy knows too well. PBSI may match whatever BAM is paying Rexy on paper, but when the pay day comes, Rexy will probably get the check with "I owe you " US$xxx :D
    Malaysia is the holly land for badminton coaches, just look at those who coached Malaysia before from Luan Jin, Han Jian, Yang Yang, Chen ZhanJet, Morten Frost, Park Jubong, Indra Gunawan, Li Mao, ...
    Malaysia appreciate Rexy and I believe Rexy knows he's at the right place, the right time too.

12. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    I agree 100% with this statement. PBSI should take measures to ensure that their players/coaches will WANT to stay with Indonesia after their career ends by treating them well while they are still playing with them. Do you really think dismissing Lulek and Alvin will change Indonesia's current state? If anything, I think it shall worsen it to have a veteran pair gone. LWW and CTF of Malaysia have stuck through it and managed to perform quite well lately.

13. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    it's just too late.... PBSI just cant expect to get whatever they want... this just isn't fair! btw, it should be rexy's decision whether he wants to coach INA or not.. :D

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Good comment, well said.

15. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    This might not be bad for INA..
    when Rexy really go back INA for good after few years time..
    He would have bring back along a lot of good experience from oversea

16. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

serves them just right, this will teach them a lesson.

17. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    I do agreed that Msia do treat their foreign coaches well!

Usually country doesnt let their foreign coaches give comment but Msia do let those foreign coaches takes credits for their achievements.!

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I don't think this forum should be used to harp on other organization's mistakes. I am sure that we are all not too happy with the state of the affairs (especially Indonesian supporters), but having this statement in a public forum is not going to remedy the situation nor improve relations between forummers.

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. You cover just about everything.May I just add one more.
    6) Freedom. Rexy , from what I observe, has the final say on how he wants to run the MDs. No matter how brainless BAM sometimes show, it is smart enough to leave him alone. I don't think PBSI will give him that privilege. If Rexy does not have total freedom,he'll malfunction like LiMao under BAM's shoddy treatment.
    Ultimately ,of course, Rexy's wife has the veto.PBSI won't be able to win her over.

20. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    not for now at least... according to rexy himself, he reli like staying here in mas compared to ina.. :D