Indonesia Open Finals Day

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Open / Hong Kong Open / Indonesia O' started by hcyong, Dec 18, 2004.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I really hope China won't be broken up into provinces. There is only this number of Olympic spots. As it is, the whole of China is just limited to 3 spots per event and that gives other countries some chance.

I think the competition between the provinces are very intense. Even the second-rate shuttlers are good enough especially the women, which other countries seem to relatively neglect. For instance, they go to Singapore, France or Hong Kong and make a name for themselves there.

2. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

You could look him smiling happy and friendly at proffesional players forum, even though he smiled because there's Hongyan next to him, hoho... :D

I don;t think he wasted the six years whole??? I thought he began wasting his time from year 2001 or 2002??! just three years.

In 1999, 2000 he managed to reach All England but lost painfully to Gade and 2001 reaching semifinal WC but lost to Hendrawan who very rarely defeated him because of injury.

3. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT

Yes, there is no death for Chinese Men, plenty waiting in wings, after Lin Dan and Chen Hong burn out before Olympics.

I can't believe the statements about Taufik not being able to beat Lin Dan outside of Indonesia. Lin Dan is not imortal - look at the suprises

OLYMPIC GAMES 2004 Aug 2004
    1/32 loss to 12/15,10/15 Ronald SUSILO

Proton-Eon MALAYSIA OPEN 2004 Jun 2004
    Quarter-Finals loss to 12/15,5/15 Sung Hwan PARK

YONEX OPEN JAPAN 2004 Apr 2004
    Semi-Finals loss to 13/15,10/15 Chunlai BAO

Taufik played the perfect game - patience, keeping the shuttle low, just what Peter couldn't maintain against Lin in All England this year!

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    actually, i am a big fan of Xie... :) you'd know if you read enough of my posts...

but while we are happy for Xie to win, we must all respect that Hirose despite being a less known player managed to beat many worthy opponent to get to the finals.

5. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

i confidence that Xie will win but can't think that she dun giv Hiroes some chance too in second round , juz beat her with 11 - 0 , but Hiroes still is a new player , not enough experience yet , but Hiroes can qualify to final is a good news for japan . anyway Xie win , me very very happy , coz i am her fans too !

6. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    Lucky Bao did not win Chen Hong in the semi-final. Or else Taufik may not win the title. I think Bao is the only person who wins Taufik in head-to-heads -- 4-2

7. martinus

martinus New Member

congrats to my Fav Alven Yulianto / Luluk Hadiyanto also for Taufik Hidayat.
    Alven/ Luluk.....u hv a great revans !!!

8. jump_smash

IT
    Don't know this is subjective as they only met twice this year, China Open and Thomas Cup finals. Even though China Open was last November and Bao won it, it was three sets (10-15, 15-3, 15-12) so relatively close.
    While Thomas was in May and Bao winning, the first set tight(15-13, 15-6)

9. b0urg301s13

b0urg301s13 Regular Member

Technopreneur
    does anyone know where can i find pictures of the indonesian open? thx!

10. SmartCivet

SmartCivet Regular Member

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    No! You forgot something!

CAI/FU beat ALVEN/LULUK in the final to win the MD title at 2004 SWISS Open.

11. jump_smash

IT
    THOMAS CUP FINALS
    2004 7 May 2004 -

defeated
    15/13,15/11 Dong Soo LEE (KOR), Dong Moon KIM (KOR)
    15/4,15/5 Tadashi OHTSUKA (JPN), Keita MASUDA (JPN)
    15/12,15/13 Kevin (Qi) HAN (USA), Howard BACH (USA)
    15/9,15/10 Luluk HADIYANTO (INA), Yulianto ALVEN (INA)

only losing to
    16/17,6/15 Lars PAASKE (DEN), Jonas RASMUSSEN (DEN)

12. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

So Taufik and Luluk/Alvent received bonuses that Jakarta Governor promised :D

The same amount as Indonesia Open champion prize.

In other words, their prizes are doubled..... :eek:

13. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    well,good for them then:D face it, it motivates players to win titles when the prize money is doubled,the bonus started since candra/sigit's victory in china, that means taufik(io),candra/sigit(co),nova/lilyana(so),and luluk/alven(io & so) are the players who received the money so far:)

14. Rainofserenity

Rainofserenity Regular Member

Just deal with IT! Taufik Hidiyat is good and he proves us already! i don't think BCL will be able to beat him, since he's improving.. and stop talking about the bad sides of TH, cause a defeat is a defeat.. just wait until next time, and then talk about it.. please.... you guys are so kiddy...:mad:

15. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    yeah,true!true!but its people's opinions so we have to respect that, but me, i think taufik is great player, and we have to accept that, and he's been doing good lately after olympic triumph (sf in co, and winner in io),so i guess(or think) he has changed for the better,dont be so hard to him,lets just wait wat's next from him,,,,peace out:D

16. koboduck

koboduck Regular Member

Marketing manager
    Agree with the Taufik & LD statements. However, Kuncoro being too tall is BS (he is only 1.76 which makes him shorter than f.e. Gade, young Hashim, and many Chinese players, let alone legends like Zhao, Frost or Hoyer). Kuncoro himself admitted - probably rightly so - that compared to some other top players like Taufik, Lin, Gade he is less talented, but compensates a lot by working hard. He has a persistent kind of game that troubles some players: like Gade, who has said that Sony's slowed down game doesn't suit him, because he (Gade) likes faster paced rallies. But apart from this quality, Sony has very few special strokes or weapons for a world class player. He performs well when outrallying other top players when they are a little short of their peaks (less important events).

17. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    i agree. sony just doesnt have killing shots in the same class and level as taufik. thats why he gets into long hard matches when playing againts highly defensive players (eg boonsak)

but a deadly opponent none the less

jug

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Congrats to Taufik and Luluk/Alven as well as to the other winners(WS, WD and MXD)..

Again, like i mentioned earlier, Lin Dan and his co-horts will have another chance to prove themselves against Taufik in two weeks in the Copenhagen Masters..This time it's more in a "neutral" court, so no more excused of "home" court etc.

Yah, IMO, Taufik "wasted" 2-3 yrs.(2001-2003) while his coach moved to S'pore, eventhough he was able to win the last 2 Indonesian Open..I thought his coach coming back was the "biggest" difference as well as his "metal maturity" since then..Add to that the incentives of winning double the money, sure indeed should motivate him...I also don't think BCL would have won against Taufik in this year's Indonesia Open if he would beat Chen Hong in the SF(BCL won vs. Taufik in the China Open SF because Taufik injured his foot badly).

Anyhoo, let's move on folks..Looking forward to the Copenhagen Masters in a couple weeks and then next year(ie. All England, Sudirman Cup, World Championships)..:)).

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    someone is looking fine ;)

Attached Files: