Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    IMHO, Taufik is a very rare talent, only appear once in 10 years or so...

And KOR needs to reinforce the singles dept ASAP. Friendly reminder.
    Can't depend too much on LYD and LHJ forever.;)

2. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student

i must say i disagree with that:cool: hehe yes, a talent like taufik's is very rare but our talent pool is actually quite large, and its jst a matter of finding these talents...the reason why we still cant find little taufiks could be because those talent-rich individuals are not even aware of their talents!and probably are not allowed to choose a carrier in badminton by their parents because lets face it, there isnt any big money in it :cool:...the parentals probably think their kids are better off studying...for example alan & susi's kids, even if they're not as talented as taufik, i bet they still inherit some or most of alan & susi's talents not to mention if they were to be trained properly...however, susi susanti made sure that her kids do not swing rackets for money :D ...this info might be incorrect, if so, i apologise (saw an interview during TC UC 08 abt this)

3. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    In the end, it's all about money, right?;)

A little OOT: From what I've read, Pak Prabowo, one of the running candidates for vice president, is very wealthy.
    His wealth is worth about Rp. 1,7 T.
    Ask him to donate some for INA baddie ya?:p

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Do you know..

..it's been more than 10 yrs since Taufik made his presence in the professional circuit/national team??..;)

5. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Yeah...

Hence, "... or so..."
    Feel free to use +5, +10, or even +15 years to replace those 2 words, mister. ;)

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Coaches for Pratama:

There are 6 coaches, currently, being employed by PBSI:

Bambang Supriyanto
    Risyeu
    Yani Diah or Yeni
    Erwin ( from Batam)
    Tony Namri ( not sure if I got right name)

I forgot the other one...
    All coaches had to take a test...Trikus failed and ranked number 9..

Same thing also for Assistant coaches at Cipayung...only 4 were hired..Paulus,Yanti.Davies are ranked top 3 in the test...

7. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    i couldnt agree more, bro :cool:
    yeah i heard abt that too....surely Prabowo wouldnt care abt baddy right now hahaha its all abt getting elected :D

8. narnia

narnia Regular Member

I didn't know there have been such a bunch of politics in INA's badminton. I can take a glimpse by the people from INA here about why they are always good at debating and blaming. Hope PBSI can bring more freedom to the players. :)

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    What do you mean? I think KOR peole are good at debating and blaming too...look at how the politians beat each other..even a man slapping women during political debates in KOR ....at least INA people has not done yet..at least when INA players lose, we do not find any excuses...we accept their loss and hardly we blame or cursing our players....

10. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Why then are there so many politics and problems with players in PBSI? I'm reading what you guys are debating. Why did Kido and other players go out of the National team and return...? Not supporting enough for the OG Gold medalist? So, what's the problem?

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It was just..

..a reminder, in case people still think Taufik just came out of nowhere recently & can still depend on him to save INA's day..;)

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    There are many problems in INA badminton... it has always been like that... :p ...even during the Mr. **** Sudirman. Somehow we manage to win the Thomas Cup 13 times and the Uber Cup 3 times. :D Imagine INA badminton without any problems... maybe we could have won 16 Thomas Cups and 8 Uber Cups... :p :cool:

I think today's administration will be better than the 2 previous ones... :cool: The next 4 years will not be free of problems! That is for sure. :eek: Yet.. will we discuss them openly and constructively? Yes! Will we have strong opinions on what is right and what should be done? Yes! Will we still face lack of government support and funding? Yes! Will the government continue to underappreciate Olympic Medalist? Yes! Will we still move on despite all our past-present-and-future misdeeds? Yes! Will we do our best despite all the unfavorable conditions? Yes! Will we try to improve things even though they are hard? Hell yes! :cool:

INA badminton soul is like a flame that is very much alive and growing day by day... We want a better future now! We want it more than ever before!

Taufik will not be thinking about saving INA's day... he wants a prosperous career as a true professional in his field... :D Good for him, yet good for us INA fans too... ;) Win-win.

#992 Krisna, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  13. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    hahaha i like this :p especially the government part wkwkwkwkwk!!
    but seriously, for the love of GOD, why does INA government not want to be involved with bulutangkis tanah air??...did the government ever financially support PBSI previously?

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    To my knowledge there is no such thing as a permanent yearly fund for INA badminton in the government budget. There are sporadic funds for SEA Games, Asian Games, and the Olympics... :cool: The funds are given to either the Ministry of Sports or KONI. KONI then give it to PBSI. ...So, our government do still contribute to INA badminton, just not directly and continuously...

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Actually..

If INA is to count a total of 13 TC titles, then MAS has won 5 TC titles, if one is to count in to the very first Thomas Cup edition (1949).;) Hey, it ain't MAS' or INA's fault if CHN didn't participate since the very first edition..;)

17. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    First concern:
    Our Air Force suffers another disaster.:crying:
    More than 90 people died in an C-130 crash.:crying:

Second concern:
    As the Commander of INA military, Pak Djoko surely has to be responsible for this disaster.
    If this keeps going on, when will he have enough focus on INA baddie?:crying:

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I agree with you 100% and I have stated the same too in previous posts that is any player/country choose not to participate, then forever rest your peace. What I meant to say is that prior to CHN rejoining BWF, when INA won TC, the other finalist in MAS and vice versa. KOR/DEN have never won TC, close several times though. When CHN rejoin BWF, except for 1992 when MAS won TC, CHN and INA won the rest, right? Therefore, for INA to win 3 more TCs, INA has to take 3 TCs from CHN and that is not easy task, whether or not PBSI has lots of $$$. In another posts, I agree with Ants and Zabee that $$$ does not buy winners, it helps though.;):)

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Actually..

..if one is to count the TC edition starting from 1990, both CHN and MAS have appeared in the same number of Final Rd., 5 total. INA has 6 Final Rd. appearances. So, no, INA would have to fight both CHN and MAS if they are to get all 16 titles (the other 3 titles).

So, next yr, there could be a very high possibility for both CHN and MAS to tie INA in terms of the number of Final Rd., by appearing together in the Final Rd....that would be some battle & if the MAS doubles can take 2 pts from CHN, then it'll be down to LCW vs. LD to settle the score..wow!!;)

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    CHN only weakness is in 2nd MD...MAS weak in 2nd and 3rd MS and an OK 2nd MD...and I won't write INA off cos INA 2nd and 3rd MS could be better than MAS unless Hendrawan can turn HH around and if INA 1st MD beat KKK/TBH, INA could go to final...and thanks for checking in TC final appearances.:)