India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If it really is Tan Kim Her, it's very good for Indian badminton. That is providing he can stay long enough and also get support. One coach only has a limited time to work with each player. But certainly, Indian doubles players will get a shot in the arm with access to different training ideas.

2. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=7]Cheung[/MENTION] Thank you for your valuable insights and prompt response! ;)
    Tan Kim Her sounds great! Indian doubles players will definitely benefit and have the confidence to step up. I can't wait for him to arrive and start training. :D

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

[MENTION=119443]badmuse[/MENTION]

Please do not post the same question in two different threads. I already answered your question here and you repeated the question in a totally unrelated thread.

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    99% tan kim her, he coached in england and korea before... some said he is the one who gip lee young dae the chance to play in senior level at 16...

it should be tan kim her unless there is someone lessen known who coached overseas before

5. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

I'm sorry, I posted before seeing your reply! :eek:

6. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=13156]SibugiChai[/MENTION] Good news! India is lucky get him. Doubles will get a boost, it will generate a lot of new players and vibrancy! :D

7. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Tan Kim Her maybe?

8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Great news indeed. You are getting inside news very fast ! You have any links to BAI ? Just curious. ;)

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Why MAS coach? India can't afford INA's mainaky brothers or any INA coach?

10. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=123108]Baddyforall[/MENTION] LOL, no links! It is given by one newspaper, Link, see Post #698. It was a nice surprise when I saw it! :D

11. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=102928]ah_lim[/MENTION] Thank you, Tan Kim Her appears to be the one. We have to wait patiently till they officially release it. ;)

12. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=28840]indrg[/MENTION] They approached many coaches. I am guessing the Top level Indonesian coaches didn't agree with the terms. Everything is clouded in secrecy, they will only release some of the terms later. India has the following Indonesian Assistant coaches 1.Dwi Kristiawan 2.Yousuf Jauhari 3.Yonatan Suryata
    ;)

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Posting the same question in three different thread, two of them which were unrelated, can be regarded as spamming.

14. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

"I am mentally the strongest Indian Player"-Kashyap

"want to be on top of my game in the World Championship"

was spotted eating paneer pakoda.Said after training will resume,"sab band".

Source:Firstpost

15. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional

If a top Chinese player were eating paneer pakoda a month before the WC, his coach would have kicked his :mad:
    Badminton players should be on nutritionist prescribed diet like Djokovic or Navratilova.

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Congratulations to Jwala and Ashwini..... First GP win for any dubs since 2010 India Open GPG win of Diju/Jwala and first WD since 2008 Bulgaria GP win of Jwala/Shruti

17. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=122085]Fan123[/MENTION] Thank you for some background information! :)
    Canada GP Gold Medal is a big step forward! The individual medal they will cherish the most is 2011 WC Bronze. The Team medal is UBER 2014 Bronze. Indian junior and senior doubles players will be inspired by this win. Should lead to some healthy competition between them.

It is very important that BAI sends out many junior and senior pairs to tournaments. Emulate Japan, Indonesia in building a large talent pool. India's MS is following this trend and reaping rewards. ;)

18. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Not too sure about the inspiration/motivation part.... From 2006-2011 we were consistently winning 3 dubs titles on an average. We know what happened next. We already have a large talent pool in doubles (as well). The differentiating factor needs to be their management and finances by BAI/SAI.

If they keep on making bone headed decisions like putting money on 4 MS players for two spots and absolutely sidetracking our entire doubles program, we will get more of the past 5 years.
    Lets hope Kim Her turns out to be as good as Jauhari was; i.e. assuming the paper plane flyers at Luytens' move his papers fast enough and he is given a free reign.

Agree with their biggest achievements being the Uber and the WC....

I am really thankful to Jwala for Uber especially. Going into it, good things were expected from Saina (except the one against Rats where she walked into court as underdog and came out as conqueror of the reigning WChamp) and Ashwini anyway; PV held up well too (despite the fact that she had absolutely no biz in winning matches in 3rd games, leave alone post multiple deuces in G3s).... But no one had any expectations b4 that tourney from the fat item girl inactive for a year.... She held up when she needed too and produced ageless magic when our backs were against the wall that week in Delhi.....
    Infact the way we were going; had we won that match against Japan; we would have walked into the final believing that we will beat China (however incredulous that may sound)....
    I shall stay eternally grateful to Jwala for what she gave us that one week.

19. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=122085]Fan123[/MENTION]

One of the biggest complaints from the past was few domestic tournaments. This problem persisted till 2013. It is only this year 2015 that they have got the right number of tournaments from sub-junior, junior to national level. I agree management and finance need a lot of work. :)

Let me clarify on talent pool. Yes, we have the talent pool but they need to be nurtured, guided, funded and given international exposure. The trend has been to give international exposure to a small number and not a bigger number. For example 7-10 WD pairs should be sent out. We currently have 2 WD pairs going regularly.

Another point which you mentioned earlier; sending players first to IS, IC before GP,GPG, SS and SSP tournaments . The exception being India GPG and India SS. Compared to other countries our junior and sub junior, senior are going to few international tournaments. Japan, Thailand are discovering new players by giving many exposure. BAI is doing what we want in small steps over several years. Once they realize money will pour in from sponsors when India gets stronger in all departments, they might step up. Let's see how the next 4-5 years pan out. I want India to become a powerhouse in Badminton! :D

20. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    1] covered in management and finances
    2] agree and kinda tired since we all have been crying hoarse for ages about the same
    3] oxymoron since once Akhilesh is disposed or dies; the organisation won't follow his plans
    4] I might be totally wrong in this assumption (and I hope I am wrong), but I believe other than BCCI(+affiliates) and AIFF(+affiliates); big time sponsor money won't flow to any sporting body; not even hockey post our hypothetical 9th Oly Gold or Tennis post our hypothetical 1st MS win at Wimby or Davis Cup; leave alone badminton. (I am discounting the fact that even if it does, it all is going to be pocketed by Narender Batra and Anil Khanna)
    Even IBL was a disaster if we compare its TVRs with other leagues. Heck even the Kabaddi leagues drew more. Poor organisation didn't help either. (Not criticizing; it should be back and improved. Just stating a harsh truth which most will disagree with.)
    Yes top individuals will eventually get some corporate attention after years of persevering on and off the court and employing a bigger entourage than the cricketers or the footballers' but for the sport as a whole to grow, crowdfunding is the way forward. As an example, I personally would love to invest in Yuki Bhambri if I can afford to right now with a crowd of friends. Maybe even Saketh Myneni, based on the last 12 months. OR I would have too raise 50k USD and get an AITA affiliate to hold a CH80.

As an aside, don't you think its an absolute crime that multi-time world champs like Mary Kom (pre 2012), Sarita Devi (pre creating a scene at the podium), Usha Nagishetty and Kavita Sengar are virtually living like tramps and scavengers???
    The corporates do not care about creating brands, they will simply invest in established ones. Some players say that SM Arif is a better coach than Gopi or Prakash. Where do the big suits invest??

5] Lets substitute the final word with everything.
    Jai Hind
    !