If the Malaysian media picks Lee Chong Wei as favourite to win the Olympics..

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by weeyet, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    why thank you. like to use fancy schmancy words now and then. hahahahaha :D

#41 azabaz_ipoh, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  2. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    dont have to be too pesimist at least.
    im not supporting indo n china too.
    but i didnt use big bolded fonts n say they cant win.yes..i made jokes sometimes n hope they dont hurt anyone.
    winston seems hoping us to lose badly.

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Winston was not hoping for Msia to lose. It is already a fact Malaysia aint gonna win anything in Beijing.

4. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Let's just let the Beijing Games actually start first and see what happens - there are variables upon variables, not just past records as reference; they are not if ever, accurate indicators of the future.

That's like saying Manchester United will eat Manchester City last Sunday for lunch and dinner - the total opposite happened.

I for one would hope for him to put in his best effort regardless of the result as I don't suffer whimpering exits without a fight.

5. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i agree with you here :D:p

6. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

LCW is one of the favourites to win, yes ... but at the same time I don't thinks he can win it. In fact most of the people I meet also share the same opinion. :eek:

LCW should know this, although there is hopes for him to win the gold, there is a lot of people who doesn't believe that he could do it.

Sorry, not that I had something against him, it's just that I just can't see him winning the OG... err not even the All England actually.:eek: :eek:

Hope that I'm wrong though ...:rolleyes:

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Past achievements will be taken into account. Like it or not.

For example, in the next coming football world cup in South Africa 2010, definately the usual Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France will start as favourites. Why? Because of their past records. No one in their right mind will say Malaysia or Brunei or Nepal will start as favourites to lift that WC come 2010.

Of course, we will have some upsets once in a while like what happened last Sunday in the Manchester derby. But in the long run, it is still United. Why? Because they have won the league 16 times, FA Cup 11 times and the European Cup 2 times. It is as simple as that.

As such, we can look at all the variables till the cows come home but no matter what, LD is a main contender based on his past records and LCW is doubtful due to his inability to deliver in the big tournaments.

And the coming AE is a good test of LCW's ability to perform in a big tournament.

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I think LCW will have a tough time making the semis of AE let alone winning the Olympic gold in Beijing.

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    hope u were wrong.
    while expecting them as non-winners in olympic will just bring frustration n sadness to us,why dont we just keep supporting n what happen after that,regard them as a fate.
    we wont be ther as players,so just suppport n support.expectation is anther thing.

n wilfred,in man u vs man city match,theres no over-confident stuff there.they have beat us before this season.should we be over confident at this point?beijing n epl is two different cases

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

We support Malaysian shuttlers, but we are also realistic at the same time. If can do, we will say can do. We dont build castle in the sky.

Look at the titles won by LCW so far. Compare it with LD or TH. You will see the difference.

11. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    In full agreement with you there but I disagree that it is a reliable indicator of the future. Variables are what will determine what happens in Beijing, not the past. The past is simply a reference without any effect on the present. And there is no future, from the sense of the present (now) as it's not here yet.

What you've actually highlighted about Lin Dan is closer to the present than the past, in which he's still as good (if not better) as he was two years ago. It's from the wind that you can feel in the air, the wave that you can hear from the sea - 'the now'.

This in turn applies to LCW as well - 'the now' suggests that he could do it, and with a dash of luck (all champions need them), he just might.

I dunno mate, you seem to be happier that he can't so that you're proven right about Malaysia's inability to do so? :confused:

12. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    i still want to try n tell myself it is possible to get the first gold medal.
    realistic is needed when we are talking about the other team.
    its malaysia n its just hope.

the question of this thread is when we put pressure on lcw,is he able to win in olympic?

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    wilfred,im sure pemuda wants us to win.i mean malaysia to win.we are all malaysians.
    in certain parts,hes trying to be realistic.maybe dont want to hurt himself if we lost.
    hmm..dont doubt his patriotism.i think we shouldnt.

all for one,one for all,malaysians

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

No, you are wrong. I am not happy to be proven right that LCW will fail in Beijing. I am just being realistic. And that is gonna hurt some Malaysia Boleh fans.

Variables aside, LCW just dont have it in him to deliver when it matters most, the big level 1 tournaments. While I believe LCW is strong technically, mentally he is a novice. And this coming AE will be another proof. He will choke again there.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Typical Malaysian sabre rattling. Its like our culture, eh? Menang sorak, satu kampong tergadai.

My dear, I am sorry to win that Olympic gold, it takes more than chest thumping and cheering out loud.

16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    am i talking about olympic here???

no.its about malaysians.i dont know if u understand my words.

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

This is the Olympics thread, my dear :rolleyes:

Aduh! ... macam mane nak menang tu gold, baca pun boleh salah.
    Inilah Malaysia Boleh!

18. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    You don't think that 'belief' and 'support' is an ingredient equally important in achieving success?

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    im waiting for ur tergiversation's regarding kkk,hafiz,malaysian athletes,policies,governments.
    i hope one day..

tak tau baca??serius punye kes tu.how should i answer my spm papers then??

u know,without hopes,i dont know how should i save my cat from dying in front of my eyes one.its hope n i succeed to have him back in my life.

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

The main ingredient is the foundation. If our basics are not right, things are gonna be wishy washy. Again I say, get the right professionals (I mean people who know how to administer and people who know the game) to run BAM (not politicians, lackeys, shady characters like Zakaria Deros). We will have a more solid foundation and a better all round development program where players will be brought in based on merit etc etc. In short, we will have a better pool of quality players.

Now, in Malaysia this is happening. We got money but weak foundation.

'Belief' and 'support' are secondary. Get that foundation right first.

Ok, would love to stay and chat but gotta run to see my boss as I just received news that our PM dissolved Parliament today!!

Malaysia Boleh!:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.