HSBC BWF WORLD Tour Finals 2018 : Group Stage Matches - Final (12-16 December)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Dec 9, 2018.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

2. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

this better be becozz of true injury and not becoz they afraid to.lose to han/zhou again since Gideon played badly yesterday

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wow, China spent hundreds of millions to build the state-of-the-art Tianhe Gymnasium for the sole purpose of making her badminton great again !? How many top level tournaments are held here annually and how do China ensure the playing conditions favour China players only, please tell us what the rest of the world don't know. (I'd like to think you said all that in jest as you appeared to laughed so hard, your sides split :p:D:)).

More importantly, why did BWF approve the facilities used, including the so-called slow shuttles (what make or brand), or do they meet BWF specifications in the first place ? And what is, if any, HSBC's role in all this (for example, whose idea it is to use red-brown floor mat, which even CHN WS Chen Yufei finds odd and dislikes it)? (However, these questions are sensible and justifiable).

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Of course it is a fake injury. How can you doubt them?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Michael V likes this.
  5. It'sMeMeMe

my baddies group says it's becoz of slow shuttle n marcus playing bad that they're afraid it will become 3 times in a row losses to han-zhou....

of.course i always support my countrymen right n not trust my baddies groupies right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Only Gideon knows best, unless the doctor said so after examination.

Anyway, it's not surprising that all players do whatever it takes or is necessary to avoid losing to their main rivals or difficult opponents within the rules, of course, so as not to yield or increase the psychological advantage to their adversaries.

In other words, excuses can be good or bad, valid or lame according to the circumstances. But as long as they abide by the BWF rules, it's legitimate and there's nothing we can do about it other than accept it.

Yoji likes this.
  7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Even better to withdraw rather than play, get hurt (again and worse), and lose like yesterday. We all know it will be a tough match for minions and even if they won it, it is not guaranteed that they will get through to the SF. What's the point? Even CYF retired today, are you going to say her injury is not true either to avoid losing to NO?

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yes like CYF did today. Great excuse.

9. It'sMeMeMe

well CYF injury replay was available for all to see.... gideon not so much :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

man my whatsapp baddies groups are full of cursing gideon right now LOL .....i need to get out of the group for one or two days it seemso_O

10. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Looking at WS group standings it was good for TTY to lose to Sindhu. Now she avoids playing Ratchanok in semi-finals. In my opinion group winners Okuhara and Sindhu are easier opponents for her.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Obviously news about Minions sells.

Just like how HanZhou beat them twice and won promising of the year.

Riding on their popularity as they say.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

See It'sMeMeMe's reply.
    My respect. A fair statement, that's why it merit the benefit of the doubt more than in Marcus' case.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Marcus was available too in the video against the Danes when he mentioned about his neck and him rubbing it.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

You took a statement from someone who is known to belittle INA players at any chance.
    So Marcus has to visibly break his neck in replay for it to be true and you will be satisfied?

15. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Yes his injury is visible. If you understand Indonesian he did said he felt something in his neck to his coach in between game against the Danes. But haters will be haters.. Again, I don't think they become world no 1 for being afraid to play

nilesh123, wade, yuquall and 3 others like this.
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Qingchen is still not threatening enough at the back court, her partnership with Jia Yifan is similar to XD's where CQC is more of a front court player, when forced to the rear court, she usually plays clears and drop shots, too predictable, and even when she smashes, it's not hard enough and and at most not more than two , hardly three, times successively.

However, CQC's anticipation and placement shots are pretty good, but today she is the weaker link, accountable for most of the unforced errors. Jia Yifan having to do most of the heavy lifting can be taxing on her, it's best if the two can share the workload in a balanced way; otherwise, CQC becomes an exploitable weakness when pinned at the back.

nilesh123 likes this.
  17. It'sMeMeMe

true

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Your rhetorical question does not follow, a fallacy.

And itsMeMeMe makes a fair point taken on its own, regardless of his supposed bias against INA players (is he?). Just because he is 'known to belittle INA players at any(sic) chance' doesn't mean everything he says about INA players must be wrong or unacceptable.

19. It'sMeMeMe

eh one more thing..... my baddies group especially thursday one are minions die-hards..... they're not haters - just butt-hurts too much.... oh and from the conversations seem they lost bets coz of it

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

No it's not. Did you read what he said? "His baddies group said.." which means Indonesians fans, speculating. So he went by his unreliable source and put his doubt here without thinking. Indonesian fans blamed Marcus for their loss yesterday, of course they will say so. And if you read his latest comment where his baddies group losing their bet yesterday. That's a fair statement?