how to spot fake yonexes

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by sharkboy, Apr 1, 2003.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you obviously haven't seen enough. :)

2. chan

chan Regular Member

YES!!!!! thank you!!! ahhh... now to bask in glory!!! and to read the mp300 thread. lmao

3. skinnydragon

skinnydragon New Member

I have come upon some simple ways to tell a fake from a real. First u'll need to grab a real one or a Yonex logo on paper. Look at the stamp at the bottom of the handle. A real one has a nice finish, the White Yonex logo pops out. The stamp on a fake has a rough finish and the White logo sinks in, and has different angles and proportions. You can also look at the head if you happen to have a racquet with TI Mesh. The mesh area should sink in the head and have a different texture than the head. Chances are a fake one would just paint the TI mesh on LMAO. You can also do something as simple as looking at the case. I don't believe I ran across an Authentic Yonex case that just prints the word Yonex on the zipper. I only see the Yonex Logo on the zipper on an Authentic Yonex case. The fake ones just print Yonex. LOL. I can be wrong on the last one but I'm sure that I'm right on my first 2 points and I hope this helps the rest of you.

4. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Chan/Wonger47,
    If you guys can read Chinese, then check out this link from BBE Shop

http://www.bbeshop.com/ht3yqzs/yqzs000308_zjjb.htm

otherwise use WorldLingo or Babelfish to translate (translation is not the best but will give you an idea).

You know, some of us are trying our darnest to give you guys the benefit of our experience and knowledge and believe us when we tell you.

5. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Agreed

also... If you think what other people are telling you is false, why do u bother asking in the first place? You guys should learn to pay a bit more respect to those who are even bothered to help. And especially to Kwun (and the other moderators as a matter of fact). It takes a LOT of time to type up those huge long FAQs.

6. sharkboy

sharkboy Regular Member

student
    I see, weird how people haven't arrested these fake makers

7. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    See? even JCHEN99 has learned something.... :D

8. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    no I havn't! what are you talkin about? :confused:

iz lik I tell my sister... do as I say, not what I do :p

Besides... respecting "elders" as always been a common trait of the orient

9. B10dh0d0l_02

B10dh0d0l_02 Regular Member

Student
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by chan
    true, but after looking at some pics of the mp100, i dont think i have seen one that says "SP" right beside "MusclePower 100"...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have 1 MP100 SP and I bought it in Indonesia.........it even has the PBSI logo .

and I'm pretty sure it's not fake, otherwise my friend would tell me so.(my friend is kind of profesional and has been into badminton for a long time)

10. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    the way i know is well I tend to look at almost every racquet closly even if i don't own..but yeah you just pretty much just memerize a REAL yonex cone and the end of the handle.... yonex always have a nice clean green to it while fakes have it crooked.....blury.....and most of the time fake have noth old and new YY logo on it...the cap might be the New symbol while the T joint is the old one or the other way around :) note the the SP in yonex rackets are usually written in black or white while fakes r in gold......yellow ETC and if your goin to buy a racket make sure you just go and try to find some one with the same racket and take a good look at it....and make sure there are 2 serial numbers.... one on the shaft and one on the cone and like bigredlemon said the serial are LASER CUT!!!!.....and yah... need more info just PM me:)

11. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    The laser cut only applies to the new and latest racquets I believe. The old ones like Iso800 Tour and Ti8 were kinda PRESSED on.