how to grip the badminton grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by dungzzz, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    not bad not bad..but..if u wanna make your wrap look a bit more "professional"..u can diagonally cut the grip when u hit the end..that way..u won't hv to cover any yonex signs or ne thing..=)..maybe i'll post a video later or sth..lol..=p

2. molohov

molohov Regular Member

Engineer
    that's more if you want the grip to end before the cone. for control players like me, i prefer the grip goes on the cone. it's a personal preference, really.

3. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer

True that..imma control freak too..but..yea..it just looks better..lol..n im sure..we're all able to grip our rackets pretti tight w/ or w/ out the grip on the cone..:)

4. krisyay

krisyay Regular Member

wow, thx for the awesome picture tut molohov =D; im curious tho, how does gripping the cone give more control than not gripping the cone? o_O

5. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    well..its just supposingly suppse to give u a slightly rougher surface so it doesn't slip..but i'm sure most average badminton players can grip their rackets pretti tight if needed..=)

o hey..that day u came by tad's to pick up ur racket I didn't see..u had an ...iso8400 or sth..haha u came when i went out for lunch..=p

6. molohov

molohov Regular Member

Engineer
    haha yeah.

i've been inspired by the gripping of sigit budiarto. he doesn't hold the racket right at all. his towel grips go about halfway up the shaft. very unorthodox, but very much a control player's method.

7. krisyay

krisyay Regular Member

haha oh well, perhaps ill see you next time....tho i'd be coming in w/ my new sotx woven 5a (when it gets here...damn canada post) XD

8. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    hahaha icic~..i stick w/ my team china style..plain n simple..but complex in its own way..hahahahaha..:p

9. molohov

molohov Regular Member

Engineer
    i would think it gives you less...'material' to swing. you're only applying force to swing, say, the top 80% of the racket instead of the whole racket if you gripped on the handle. while this produces less power (sometimes), you can create a faster racket head speed with less effort. this is good for, imo, drives and defense.

additionally, since you are gripping a smaller radius of handle, i feel you can apply the fingers more and use them to manuever the racket. again, since you are moving less racket, it's a little easier.

i often find myself hititng overhead shots with my hand very much near the cone. then i wonder why the shot doesn't go very far :p hehe.

i'd try it for some drives one day. see what you think.

10. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer

lolz icic~~..ewwwww..sotx rackets??..not of the best quality~..=/ ..gary got soo0o annoyed when some guy brought in a sotx racket w/ all grommets taken out n had to put a grommet in one by one..lol

11. dungzzz

dungzzz Regular Member

student
    waiting for your video lol