How to beat Lin Dan? Advice to Lee CW

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by 2cents, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

i hear people say that lcw can't beat ld cause lcw dose to much defensive drills
    like high speed smash diving?

2. lelynx

lelynx Regular Member

if LCW is not diving too much; how to return the cross-court smash by LD :rolleyes:

3. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

ha ha i've seen LD's Cross court smashes
    most of them are out
    atleast thats what umpires say

4. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

That's right, or LCW won't even get more than 10 points. :cool:

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

The problem is he didn't :D

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LCW tried attacking and it worked in the 1st game -- he was matching LD all the way (even sneaked in front at 19-17).

In the 2nd game, at around 12, he lost his patience. I think he was trying something different which caused him to lose focus - he must have thought then it was time to change tactics because it was not working greatly just to match LD. The risk he took cost him 6 points and by then it was all over.

LD is definitely hard to beat - LCW has to learn that he cannot play from the backcourt to the net coz that is where LD is lurking all the time. He will allow LD to control if he does that. The only way, and it is tiring I know, is to play continuously to the LD's backcourt. LD does like to be drawn into long rallies - he prefers to smash and if he does that, he kills himself.

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Need to get him logging on Badmintoncentral and pming the wise master :cool:

8. narnia

narnia Regular Member

LCW looks having some limitations. But it depends on the day's conditions of the two players.

Along with LCW, these players would have edges over LD: Taufic, Sony, PSH.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yup, out of reach for LCW, at least that's what LCW say...

10. viver

viver Regular Member

Maybe Tang Xinfu really was responsible for the changed Lin Dan - at least Lin Dan is playing the way Tang Xinfu feels badminton should be played.

I disagree with you on Lin Dan being the MOST rounded player ever but would agree him being one of the most rounded singles player ever. :)

Because I still consider Tang Xinfu as the all time best - of course this is just my personal opinion. ;)

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    That was what LCW tried to do, except that any shot short of an inch becomes a kiss of death for LCW. Trying to attack LD's backhand is now more risky than ever. Remember, the new LD has more skills now.

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I completely agree with the first part......

I can't comment on the last part since I have never seen him play, I Can only say I think he is the best coach ever.

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    After the recent AE defeat of LCW, Misbun still believes LCW can beat LD. Misbun says that LD's weakness is his vulnerability to making mistakes in prolonged rallies and when forced into a rubber set. This sounds more mental and I do not see LCW having a stronger mental strength than LD. LD's strengths now are his net play backed up by a killer smash plus also his new improved skills, but that can be blunted with long rallies to force him into mistakes. This is a tall order. To prolong rallies you have to hit many clears, and to avoid being smashed into submission all your clears must be of perfect length. Also LD now seems to have a far greater reach, like having some sort of "extensible" legs and racquet hand that can reach the bird at the 4 extremities with ease.

14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I think LD is a lot less hurried than he was. The new weapon is his new found patience. Long rallies used to be his achilles heel (LD used to kill himself by rushing the big smash) but is no longer very effective. LD now bids his time and wears out his opponent before making the kill.

LCW is more prone to mistakes in prolonged rallies as he needs to push the shuttle closer to the edges. LD reads LCW's game like a book and dictated the pace in most of the rally so well the entire match is almost staged.

I agree about the mental strength difference between the duo. Even trailing 19-17 at G1, LD kept his cool to take the game at 21-19 by minimising his own mistakes.

15. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    LD is good, super good...no doubt about it
    but LCW gave too much respect to him
    even before the game, i think LCW mind already no
    confident to beat LD
    thats why very simple shots LCW also cannot return..
    always hit net and even he lost his footing few times in 2nd set
    LCW must be strong mentally...mental is not strong enough
    thats the fact...

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

nahh, chong wei had beaten lin dan several times too..
    dont ya forget it:rolleyes:

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

lol, who are you to give an advice to chong wei:D
    lmao..sometimes im just LOL when saw this thread title.
    have no idea whats the purpose, u expect chong wei to read all your advice here?:eek::rolleyes:

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm...well...both a repectable player....hehe...so....i just hope to see another good game....in so final...

19. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I think this is the most constructive thread I've read so far.

Whether you like it or not, the fact is that LD is much better player than LCW.

LCW needs some advice from the experts/amateurs and that is why this thread is created.

We are nobody but badminton enthusiats who would like to share insights and try to promote badminton to the world. Instead of bashing here and there, we should have more threads like this. I am surprised that this theard is created by Chinese fan.

LCW bashers, have you ever created threads like? Or all you know is being cynical/sarcastic and venting your frustration/anger into some innocent players like LCW?

2cents, I respect you.

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

One day, he will keep winning. And that is why we are still going to the tournaments.

His first set was first class, matching LD. His 2nd was because he was trying different tactics but failed. So does this sound like the end for him - no, I think it will spur him to learn and improve.

LD is a stroke of genius born out of very good coaching and training. LCW is getting there - so don't write him off yet. Every cloud has a silver lining, as they say.