How to avoid accidental smashing on your privateparts?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Young Yang, Jul 22, 2008.

1. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    lesson to learn.....the other sweet spot not on your racket frame will cost you points dearly :D:D:D

2. Vodude

Vodude Regular Member

General Sales
    LOL the funny thing is.. as soon as he hits it, I laugh first then ask him to take a rest, but I think he pissed coz I laugh at him.. :D this is why I love badminton.. it has a special bonus moment :D

3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

gah, happened to me a couple of times before when i was shadow-ing. that was when i first started playing badminton :D:D

i figured out that racquets with thin, aluminium frames hurt more than racquets with thicker graphite frames.. haha

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Actually what I have seen is people mis-hit the shuttle and the shuttle ends up hitting themselves in the face.

More dangerous was just yesterday, my partner was doing a backhand smash return(the smash was down the middle of the court) and his racket was about 5 inches away from my face during the swing motion.:eek:

Back to topic, I hit my knee once a long time ago during a smash... and it hurt like so bad, but thankful that my racket did not break... guess Yonex is still very durable even though someone think otherwise.

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I once the joint on my thumb with the racket and it caused swelling.

6. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    key thing is that if you rotate your body (racket side going forward ), your racket foot will go forward, and your left leg 'left behind'. Your racket head will then go down and end up at the left side of your body. There will be enough space since your left leg is sorta still behind, if u get what i mean.

So i guess your problem might come from
    1) not rotating your body
    2) 'dragging' your swing too much. learn to swing while imparting the max power during point of contact...

try to work on your swing stroke...start out with slower swings first...good luck

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hahaha, i've done this before, boy does it hurt.
    it only really happened when i was out of position, and try an .... errmmm .... 'optimistic' shot!