How much is original Armortec 700 worth?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cesium, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    So my friend has an original Armortec 700 with the yellow letters in his warehouse. He brought it out recently and it's in perfect condition as far as I can tell.

He wants to play with it but I think this racket might be a quite a collector's item and told him it might be better to keep it in storage and use one of his other rackets.

What do you guys think? Are there people still interested in this racket? How much would it be worth in today's market?

Disclaimer: I have not kept to date with all the recent rackets, last racket I got was in the voltric 80s era

PS: he also has a perfect condition Nanospeed 9000

2. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Well the Armortec 700LTDs go for around $1000USD and definitely a collectors item at this point.

The Nanospeed 9000 was my old racket back in the early 2000s and I loved it. I have no clue what it would be worth. I know the 9900 is worth anywhere from $500-$900USD. But the 9000 is different so no idea.

Cesium likes this.
  3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The AT700 Lin Dan Giftbox is still available and discounted to 975$. If their is such a huge demand, it would be sold out.

Prices from offers are not the prices of worth and somebody would pay, otherwise it would be gone.

I personally think it is hard to find the exact worth. You need to find just one person who really want it.

Cesium and speCulatius like this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

How much worth of it is all depend on whom you ask for it.
    For a casual player, they wont bother an old aged 2nd hand racket. The new lineup are way to shiny to be ignored.
    For pros, why would they need it? They had sponsor & would be provided the newest model.
    For an old player that love it, they might be interested as long the price is reasonable.
    But for a collector, especially they who know badminton history, it worth very very much.

Cheung and Cesium like this.
  5. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Thanks for the replies, I think it has quite the history as well. Was hard to find even when I started playing many many years ago.

Some pics for those interested:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]