How many of the current world No 1 will be world champion by 16th Aug?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by AlanY, Jul 22, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

nahhh...dont be so sure..kido/setiawan can beat anyone if they are in the top form:cool:
    they are just not in this tournament..if not, whoah..the md category will be more CRACKING:)

2. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

But we are discussing about this WC and not other events.

Maybe if the thread title change into "How many of the FORMER world no 1 will be world champion by 16th Aug?" It will be more accurate for this final result. :D

LD,XXF,CY/FHF, ZYW(with WYL at that time), Nova/Butet were former world number 1. I forgot if JJS/LYD ever reached number 1 or not?

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I think..^^

- What george@chongwei was trying to point out is the notion that if MK & HS didn't withdraw and actually participated in this WC, they might still survive and go all the way to win the title. Unfortunately, we won't know the answer.
    - As for your query abt whether LYD & JJS have ever reached WR #1, yes, as mentioned in this popular thread, below.;) See starting post #106:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64242&page=7

4. george@chongwei

thanks for telling it out to hcpoirot..that's what i wanted to say;)

5. Chibot

Chibot Regular Member

After LYD/LHJ defeat in Semifinal, the answer is : none of them

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    we have the answer finally,a good year for u doesnt mean u can be good in one tournament

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I guess the answer to the question then was no
    LOL :D

8. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Just has a thought that China deliberately "arrange" their players' world ranking to their favour inorder to dominate major tournaments. For eg, LD will always be arranged in such a way that he will definitely face the world No.1 LCW in the semi-final, with his head to head records against LCW, he is 80 to 90% to win his matches with LCW; and Chen Jin, who I think can beat anyone now except for LCW and LD will be arranged to be world no.2, so he can avoid LCW at least until the final, and hope that LD can beat LCW off in the semi-final. Even if LD cannot finish LCW in the semi-final, LD will exhaust LCW out before Chen Jin plays LCW in the final. How to arrange? With China players' levels of play now and look at the current system of allocating points to the players who plays the most tournment (aka LCW), they can selectively place different players at different tournanments to score strategic points for the world placings. With this plan, China have 80-90% chance of having at least 1 player in the final and 70-80% chance of having both players in the final. Very smart way to play around the world ranking system...you don't have to be world no.1 to be the best in the world philosophy to rule world badminton. :cool:

#128 laivc, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  9. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

What can i say about this? B.S.

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    And also LCW can manipulate his own ranking by NOT PARTICIPATING in as many SS tournaments to avoid being World No.1, like what LD did. :D

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think Chn didnt manipulated the WR for LD............They just adjusted LD schedule so LD will peak at the right time for major event......this is crucial for these players. LCW is just another example who played almost all SS and GP.....and try to be as consistant as possible at all time.......but just cant make an impact for a break thru. The more often u play internationally the more easier for others to study your play and will be easier for other to defeat you. I think its time for LCW and Misbun to rethink and reschedule future program........try something new....

12. george@chongwei

that's what we called sportsmanships, as a professional badminton players, he everytime tried to participate as many ss tournaments as he can as part of promoting the ss tournaments and also to bing more fans to the stadium to watch...not like others, keep training hard just for a bigger tournament and will withdraw last minute in a certain tournament and caused fans who had bought tickets much earlier heart broken..:(