How long can you play badminton?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GeeKebs, Jun 7, 2017.

1. GeeKebs

GeeKebs Regular Member

Do you actually think of how long how many minutes is the longest badminton game you ever played?

2. Rice

Rice New Member

Around 5 hours straight of actual games and casual practice

3. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    I'm also a stamina player and can play for 4+ hours with minimal breaks easily. But I've found that it doesn't help me improve any faster, in fact, I think just the opposite, so I try to limit myself to 3 hours a night. But it is hard sometimes when the night is fun and the opponents are many.

4. Lucrecia Randall

Lucrecia Randall New Member

Call Center Agent / Financial Account.
    2 hours (3 hours if in very good conditions) above that and I think I will pass out.

Norms likes this.
  5. Davtu

Davtu New Member

On average around 8 hours with a food break (singles/doubles games + 2 hrs training). Record was around 14 hours; never doing that again though.

6. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I've played about 10 hours. After 7 I was pretty much done, physically, but it's a tournament I won, so I guess it was worth it.

7. LordGopu

LordGopu Regular Member

I can play for about 3 with breaks between games but if they're intense games it probably drops to 2. I can keep playing after that but not my A game.

8. Norms

Norms New Member

2 to 3 hours (in doubles)

9. GeeKebs

GeeKebs Regular Member

All of you quite have a good stamina. I've been wanting to play more than 3 hours but if I am loosing I think I can still play even 5 or 8 hours long until I won hahahahaha because you know you can't sleep easily if you go home beaten.

Norms likes this.
  10. Norms

Norms New Member

Hahahaha!!! Even if I lose several times, I just make sure that I won the last game before going home - I can sleep easily then.

11. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

It depends on the intensity of the matches of course. If it's below my normal speed/comfort zone I can play up to 5 hours of good quality. If it's my own level 2-2.5 hours. If the speed and level is much above mine a few matches are enough to drain my stamina.

ucantseeme likes this.
  12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I think that 5 hours of continous playing are not realistic. If you do backyard shuttling or play against shitty opponents, than you get kudos for withstanding such boring matches.

If I play at my level and slightly above 2-3 hours is realistic to play serious without too much fatigue. IMO badminton is no marathon and one game is just 3 sets max. One MD or XD match can be 25-35 minutes. I play normally 4-6 matches. If you aren't tired enough after 4-6 matches, your opponents must be **** or you are not giving all you can put into the match. Just my 2 cents.

13. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher

That's what I kind of found for me. I was regularly playing 4-6 hours almost every night and I really put my all in every game. But I would finish the night broken and hobbling and my feet were killing me. And the next day I would start tired and so on and so on.

At that time though I wanted to just get more games under my belt so I don't regret it. But since I've started playing only 2-3 hours a night I have seen a lot more improvement a lot faster. Playing so long, and playing very serious for so many hours a night, just gets too exhausting and it's not a long-term strategy for success.

ugendar likes this.