how is shoe suppose 2 fit?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by badmint0nplaya, Dec 17, 2003.

1. badmint0nplaya

badmint0nplaya Regular Member

Ok everyone..I got the SHB 98 Lows......and i was wondering how badminton shoes are suppose 2 fit? I tried it on and tied them..and they fit good........but their is about 2 inche gap betwee my feet and the front of the shoe...i know i know.....its too big 4 me huh? My uncle got me the wrong size in HONG KONG!! but do you think it is okay to play with 2 inches bettween my foot and the front?

2. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    big shoes

I think it would be not only a bad idea to play with ill-fitting shoes, it's going to be dangerous. You'll be at a higher risk of spraining an ankle or slipping. In badminton you're always starting and stoping, and pretty soon the your feet will be begging you to change shoes. Not to mention you'll feel like a clown with slappy shoes ^_^

3. badmint0nplaya

thats true..hey 604badder......do you know where to get SHB 98 MIDS/or LOWS in canada...my friend is going their.......and yeah.if he fits my "clown" shoes..that imma tell him 2 get me a pair maybe......

4. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    shoes in canada

In Vancouver there are several well known places to get badminton court shoes, and probably more that I don't know. Feel free to add to the list fellow 604 players.

Tads Sporting goods has a selection of badminton shoes, and I know they have Yonex shoes. Another place would be Abbies Sporting Goods, which the last I talked to them claims to carry the entire Yonex everything, and then there is Racquets and Runners. These are the 3 big places to get badminton gear in Vancouver.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    or you can get it locally and have a perfectly sized pair of shoes.

otherwise, you may end up with another pair of clown shoes.

6. badmint0nplaya

yeah i would go and do that...but where can i get it locally kwun? I live in San Francisco...any ideas?

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOL, sideshow bob;)

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    sportsmart has volleyball shoes, which when fits, is better than any poorly fitted shoes.

otherwise, you can try badmintonalley.com or asby.com

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    sportsmart has many inexpensive shoes, and I consider them as good values, too.

10. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    As a rule any shoe used for badminton should be tight but should allow a degree of movement, I would think there should be less than a centimetre gap between the end of your toes and the shoe. Any more than this would lead to the shoe rubbing and giving blisters and also you having to tap the shoe against the ground every time you served or received to adjust the placement of your foot.

You would be amazed the difference a good fitting pair of shoes makes to your game.

11. quagmire

quagmire Regular Member

graphic designer
    ive got an asics gel hunter and its about a half size larger. it fits perfectly if i use thick sports socks. i also considered the size in case i replace and add thicker insoles. i dont think the distance between the end of your toes and the shoe is a good basis since some people have wide and narrow feet. even if it has a good space from toe to edge, look for another if it seems that the shoes are too narrow for your feet.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    2 inches? Wow... just put it away, and use it as a "collection" item.

If the shoes are too big, then your feet will be freely moving around during games, which will downgrade ur performance, as well as bring in great risk of being injuried. Saw many ppl (especially aggressive young ppl) injuried themselves due to shoes.