How do you ‘test out’ shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by jayv1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. jayv1

jayv1 New Member

Hi.

Just wondering how people test shoes at shops. For example I’ve seen people say they ‘pinch’ the rubber sole to see if it’s soft (hardening is a sign of bad storage and age) etc. What else do people do to test if a pair is good? What do you do when you try them on also to get an idea of whether this is a good pair of shoes? Or is it entirely subjective?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Sole pinch it is, the rest is kinda personal preference. Just wear it both & move around abit with it to feel the comfort.

Some people i know like 1 size bigger coz they dont like their toe hitting the front shoes or coz they like to wear thick socks. Some other just like tight snug fit. Its really are preference & you just need to try it on to feel & judge by your own preference.

jayv1 likes this.
  3. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Lunges, fast feet, jumping, feeling silly :p

Make sure you're wearing your normal playing socks.

Unless you're going for really cheap/fake shoes (although I think Decathlon own brand are actually really good!) the soles should all be good and have a similar feel - it'd have to be extreme conditions to make a sole deteriorate in storage!

jayv1 likes this.
  4. Briyanihayakawa

Briyanihayakawa Regular Member

My usual go-to when testing new shoes:

1. hold the front and back of the shoe, and bend it forming a U shape, and release, this is to test the "spring".
    2.twist the shoes outwards, this to test the deflex groove, to test the support of the shoes in case your feet roll outwards
    3. Wear and perform some badminton movement (Jumping and landing, side movements, hard steps to the side, explosive lung, fast feet)

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

if i do 1 & 2, the shopkeeper will stare at me like he is going to eat me alive, especially if in the end i didnt buy anything:p

Briyanihayakawa likes this.
  6. Briyanihayakawa

Briyanihayakawa Regular Member

Hahah. Test the one on display la. They usually okay. Then can pretend like you know shoes well.