Horrible play after being cured from sickness

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Matted, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Matted

Matted Regular Member

Hey guys, recently ive been diagnosed with measles, so i had to be isolated for about 2 weeks, Awhile ago, The doctor said i was cured so i decided to go and play badminton with my friends. My performance was horrible, i had a hard time breathing, i couldnt move alot in the court, and there was no power in my hits. Do you guys think i should rest more or should i keep playing more to end this problem?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Just take it easy first few weeks. You can play but easy games only just to get your muscles moving and back up to speed. As you recover more over a few weeks then you can increase the intensity of your games.

3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Just build back up into gradually. Sorry to hear your caught something largely avoidable, I heard about the measles outbreak in the Philipines.

4. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Go on but take it easy for 1-2 weeks. Exercise also build up yr health n makes u recover faster.

5. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    I was also sick and forced to lie down for two solid weeks. You lose muscle and stamina very quickly when you lie down and take a break so it will take awhile to get it all back. I'm careful to not go 100% back to my former schedule but to work slowly up to it. Before I played 6 days a week, with only one rest day. Now I'm playing one day and resting the next. I need to give my muscles time to grow again and my body time to readjust to regular exercise after doing nothing for so long. On days I don't play I try to get out and walk a lot too.

Cheung likes this.
  6. Matted

Matted Regular Member

Thanks everyone, I just hope i get back in shape before our tournament this coming march haha.

7. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    ... If you haven't had them, I'd recommend you get other common vaccinations.

8. Matted

Matted Regular Member

Im planning to get some vaccinations on my next visit to the doctor, thanks for the advice!