Hong Kong Open 2006

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by ku214, Jul 30, 2006.

1. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

#21 z3048018, Aug 7, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  2. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

This may seem a stupid question, but on the ticket price information page on the HK badminton website, what do the 5 different prices listed in each box mean?

3. event

event Regular Member

By "cheapest", are you talking about differences in prices based on seat location? I noticed earlier mention of the HK$300 for the semi-finals. Do prices vary by seat location and by the stage of the tournament or only by the latter?

Either way, that's a lot. In Korea, I think last year was the first time they'd ever charged admission. I could be wrong about that. I mostly turn up for early round action when there is definitely free admission. There is no price variation by seat location, though, and it's first-come-first-served in that department. On the other hand, the maximum price was about US$8 last year, including finals day. Previous days were cheaper but I forget how much. This year it's being held in downtown Seoul at a gym normally used for boxing, I believe. I expect to see admission fees getting charged this time.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The prices DO VARY for different seat location and also by the stage of the tournament. The tickets for the final are more expensive than for the other days. The first day ticket is free (for morning qualifying session).

I remembered seating at the back of the QE stadium last year as my ticket was supposedly the cheapest (HKD20). They had stewards guarding the areas, so, moving to a more expensive zone is somehow prohibited. The HKD300 seat is probably the VIP zone, closest to the courts. But, I am quite comfortable with a HKD30 seat this time round :D

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is cheap for HKD 300 if it is executive Courtside row with lunch coupled with a glass of wine or beer. I really don't mind even if it comes with KFC lunch pack.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hmm...a friend just bought the tickets for the Final. It's a bit odd to have them schedule the Final on a Saturday, 2nd Sep :cool: I didn't realise that until he told me over the phone just now that it's a Saturday Final. Anyway, I think I will be attending the Final and probably the Semis if I can return back to HKG before the 31st Aug.

7. WRX STi

WRX STi Regular Member

Where did ur friend get the tixs in HK?

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It's very strange for a SAturday final. That means s/final are on Friday. How are they going to arrange it? Two sessions on Friday - one in the afternoon and one in the evening? I need to know!!

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The semi-finals on Friday will start at night (7pm).
    The quarter-finals will be on Thursday (2 sessions).
    The preliminary rounds will start from Monday night onwards (3 sessions).

I guess most of us are pretty surprised. I always assume it's a Sunday Final...until when my friend bought the tickets yesterday :cool:

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Do not despair if you could only get the cheaper tickets. As I recall, when I attended last year, the QE stadium is not very large and you could get a pretty good view even though you sat in the cheapest seat. ;)

11. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

my friends got free tickets as he know some staff in the yonex head office in HK. I have already asked him to take more pictures.

12. Shiryu

Shiryu Regular Member

Nerd
    One of the worst website I have even seen.

What a disgrace to HK badminton! How can they expect to develop any good local players if the people that's suppose to be enthusiastic about the sport are not.

Not to mention the bad PR image it projects around the world via the web.:mad:

13. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

reserved my semi and finals today - the 300 and 350 tickets. elwin81, your friend is so lucky to know someone!

anyone know where section 2 and 3 is at the QES? is it looking on from the side or from the back service line? thanks

14. event

event Regular Member

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it certainly looks disappointing with all those links to .pdf files. The full-text paragraphs are just plain weird. That isn't even easier than just making a few lists. At least the English is only slightly less than natural.

15. Player13

Player13 Regular Member

the website lacks professionalism. it looks like it was put together by high school students. they are perhaps underfunded and were not able to hire any good quality graphic artists/web design. the 'not caring' part is also an explanation. :/

16. x50926x

x50926x Regular Member

Student
    The draw is out :)
    Surprise, i saw malaysian players in the draw.
    Looks like Malaysia will be sending their full team to hk too.

#36 x50926x, Aug 19, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2006