hihi,badminton new fans here !

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by suetyan, Dec 2, 2004.

1. sueyen

sueyen Regular Member

hi suetyan,

i'm sueyen, also from m'sia. and also same age. do u have msn messenger? if u have, so, we can chat and talk about china team.

2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

u r sueyen ar ? i am suet yan , haha , name very same . i dun play msn , juz play icq , so how ?

3. sueyen

sueyen Regular Member

it is Ok. that u don't have msn messenger.

4. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

no,so u have icq ? i also hope can chat with u

5. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

how can the both of you be the same age when sueyan was born in 1991 (age 13 :confused: ) and suetyan in 1988 (age 16)???

im like... wassup?

jug

6. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

i dunno wor , sueyen say same age with me then i think so lor , maybe she make mistake

7. sueyen

sueyen Regular Member

hi Anatolii,

do u have msn messenger?

8. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

nope :(. WHY? :rolleyes: :p :D

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    My experience has been never to judge a book by its cover and worse still to prejudge another person before you even have a chance to interact with him/her.

It takes time to really understand one another and if one does not communicate and keep one's thoughts to oneself, it is even worse. Much misunderstanding can result through lack of direct communication or remarks based on hearsay. Some people are just insensitive to the needs of others and this can cause irreparable damage to the relationship.

Of course it is easier said than done for the art of cultivating a good relationship is a life-long process. Otherwise this will be a peaceful world without its current strife and shortcomings. :D

10. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    geez, keke, what i've said previously is just a reflection of my own experiences and interactions. and they are true, at least for myself. i'm a half-malaysian and have many malaysia friends and relatives, so as to speak.

and ya, we all know it takes great pains to maintain and sustain a relationship.

i tell you something: even if you know a person for several years, he may just betray you one fine day, only to your shock upon discovery. all the years that you had treated him as your best friend had all gone in the wind.
    certain people do know how to manipulate relationships and do something hurtful by exploiting your weaknesses that they know so well.

anyway, back to the original topic and talk about something more upbeat.... :D

11. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    tcstay,
    I strongly agree with you.

I got hurt from my best friend before, yes betray by him too, so painful. The world is like sinking, shocking; I just wanted to be disappeared and wished that I were a rock. So painful that it hurt my stomach. Sleeplessness. Don't want to eat. It took a lot of time to recover, 3 years.

Personal development is a process. Than I recovered and got stronger. No pain, no gain.

By the way, I believe Badminton is one of the very good super sports: it trains up resilience. You fall; you stand up AGAIN. You loose 100 times to a guy; you might beat him up tomorrow if you don't give up.

Life is too short to live in a shell. We should avoid to get into any "manipulative relationship", though or dude.

#31 redkingjoe, Dec 15, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  12. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

yup. so like red. always says, we have to keep constant vigilance (*sounds familiar* :rolleyes: ); no matterr that the person is your best mate. its veery often the people closest to you are your greatest enemy. ... . still waters run deep. *sigh* the world's so twisted. :mad:

13. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    You have got it: Insider information!!!

In ICQ, PM and email, even more vigilance is required. Our moderators can't extend their valuable help to you.

#33 redkingjoe, Dec 15, 2004
  14. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    it something that happens rather recently and it depresses me a lot, though it doesn't even matter to that person or other people.

yes, sleeplessness and plus, distracted and listless, to a certain extent, affecting my daily routine.

the worst part of the betrayal is that it's not about loss of physical stuff but rather emotions and some people don't consider that case as betrayal and you are just wrecking yourself and you find it hard to put trust in anyone anymore. the smallness of singapore land space doesn't help matters either, as u may just bump into one another again.

i never know that those betrayal scenes that one scoff in cinemas would take place in real life too and it's oh-so-real... that your best friend backstabs you and forsake you and yet try to act like a saint or nothing had happened in front of others and put on a fake front in front of you too.

humans are complex creatures. emotions are even more complicated. want to forgive and forget certain matters? that's bullpoo. even when u think you are about to get over it in time, it still subsides in your subconscious mind.

it's not about what the person did at that time that hurts you.. yes, that does matter but what matters most is that you realise all the years of friendship don't amount to anything at all afterall.

sometimes it's just so hard to put on a brave front and pretend that you r strong and all right, but u know that yourself isn't in right state of mind. tried to escape from existing problems by playing badminton, but sometimes emotions came flooding back even after a good game and also get easily frustrated with oneself over a schoolboy error in receiving the shuttle.

#34 tcstay, Dec 15, 2004
  15. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Dear tcstay,

You did so well in descriping what I have felt before.

It took me 3 years to completely got over with him. It's twenty years ago. Still afraid to see his shawdow now even I have got over with all those.

Do you have any plans to go overseas? The best cure is "time" and "place". Can't do much with "time", just wait. But if we can completely change the enviroment for a while by going overseas, it will help a lot. I tried that it works.

Talk about escaping with sports, I found "swimming" a bit more effective than "badminton". The "water" world gives a diff feelings than the "land"
    red

#35 redkingjoe, Dec 15, 2004
  16. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student

you sure have a steel of strength during that 3 terrible years and i wonder where u get it from... ;)

i dun have plans for overseas... coz this holiday is too short and many things to plan for the new semester... moreover my mum's health not that good..... (shall not go any further)

maybe just let time takes its course to heal everything but i dun think i would ever want to see him again, not even his shadow. this is not about unforgiveness, but rather 'whatever for?'

yes, i do love swimming and it's more 'therapeutic' than badminton... at least i dun have to interact with anyone and the moment that you entrenched yourself in the waters is tremendous feeling... everything just seems so surreal for a short while...

escapism is not a form of cowardice, contrary to what others feel. we all need to find outlets to distract ourselves from the reality for a while.

hahaha, maybe we should talk about the original topic again...

yoz, sueyan, any plans to come to singapore for a trip? ;)

17. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

it's suet yan and her new friend is sue yen ;) if suet yan does, then, she wouldn't mind dropping by in pj first :D ;)

18. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    I thought tcstay was talking to both sue yen and suet yan. He took "sue" from "sue yen" and "yan" from "suet yan". It becomes sueyan. 1+1=1 and 1=2 now:
    a) sue yen + suet yan = sueyan.
    b) sueyan= sue yen and suet yan.

I thought he was asking whether both would take a trip to singarpore seperately or jointly.
    red

#38 redkingjoe, Dec 16, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  19. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Sue Yen , wat ur full name ? my full name is Lee Suet Yan

20. sueyen

sueyen Regular Member

my full name Amanda Teh Sue Yen. so, don't get confused Sue Yen and Suet Yan.