Help recommend me some strings! (Exbolt 63 user)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by badmintonpog1, Dec 6, 2023.

1. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    For the past 9 months, I have been using Yonex's Exbolt 63. I recently ran out of my Exbolt 63 reel a few weeks ago after a tournament...which means I want to buy a different reel to save few hundred dollars from getting my rackets strung.

In those 9 months, this is what I have to say of the Exbolt 63 (Strung it at 27x27!)
    - Felt stiff for most of my shots, only sometimes it didn't feel stiff when I hit correctly; felt it isn't a friendly string

- Repulsion was very nice, really loved the sound when hitting the shuttle

Looking for a more user friendly string with similar repulsion with 63. I actually tried Exbolt 65 and have it strung with my 77 pro but I am still unsure whether to get a reel of it. Would like your recommendations!

I'm interested in these strings (some for performance & price... lol)
    Nanogy 95
    BG80
    Aerobite

kwun likes this.
  2. PsychoAssasin

PsychoAssasin Regular Member

I find the Exbolt 65 to feel a bit 'dead' compared to the 63. However many others seem to like the 65 more.

BG80 and Aerobite are both great strings in my opinion. They're definitely more easy to play with compared to the Exbolts.
    I did not like the slipperiness of the Nanogy 95/98 strings though. Net shots would often slide off the strings and hit the frame when I try to slice. Nanogy 99 with the rough outer braid on the other hand is my favorite string, but it seems so unpopular that I honestly think Yonex will discontinue it.

Raju likes this.
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Why is it unpopular?

4. PsychoAssasin

No idea. It was expensive when it came out, seems like very few bothered to try it. Now the local stores no longer stock it and I've never heard about it from anyone.

5. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

If u like 0.63 try vbs 63, no 3.
    BG 80 is too hard feeling if I like exb63

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  6. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    Welp, today I popped my Exbolt 65 string on one of my 77 pros... the other one is strung with Aerobite at 27 pounds. Still testing it to see if I like Aerobite.

I am getting my Arcsaber 7 Pro strung with BG80 Yellow at 27 pounds as well. Hope I like it more than getting it strung with Exbolt 63... just didn't feel right & too stiff.

I'll try to get the 77 Pro that I popped the strings out of with BG80 when I get the chance to... :(

7. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    I just got my Arcsaber 7 Pro back! I am glad that I am able to test out tomorrow after exams.. :confused:

Intial thoughts, the ping or sound of BG80 at 27lbs sounds similar to Exbolt 63 (Compared string sound of my 100zz with Exbolt 63 and the Arcsaber 7 Pro with BG80).

8. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    At the moment, I have tested BG80 the most! I really like the sound that it gives. It sounds similar to the ping of Exbolt 63, less pitch. It's also more forgiving when the shuttle contacts the stringbed of BG80.

I actually managed to test out my friend's Astrox 77 Pro in 3U... strung with BG80 at 27lbs! I really liked the heavier weight of the racket compared to my 4U 77 Pro's and the string on it! In fact, I even traded my 1st gen Astrox 88D because it felt very great. :D

My summary for BG80... very good! To me it feels like Exbolt 63... but easier to use. Only issue I notice is that the strings shift quite often, so I have to use my fingers to push the strings back to place. I don't mind though...

Going to try Aerobite more to really confirm whether I should get BG80 or Aerobite.... but leaning towards BG80 at the moment.

Cheung, PoopNoob123 and PsychoAssasin like this.
  9. PoopNoob123

PoopNoob123 New Member

I play with BG80. It has nice control/bite to the shuttle and good power as well. EX63 has nice repulsion but I feel like it just bounces right off and there is insufficient control. EX65 feels too soft to me but it is an easy string to play with. AB is just king when it comes to control but as tension begins to drop the softness from the cross string doesn't feel good to me, especially the lack of power.

Honestly might just be because I like harder-feeling strings and BG80 is the hardest string there is so it gives very good feedback/vibration.

Btw the ping sound of the strings is different when they are all freshly strung. EX63 > EX65/AB > BG80.

Cheung likes this.
  10. PsychoAssasin

PoopNoob123 likes this.
  11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Firstly, it’s definitely going to be more expensive than BG80.

I’m also trying out Exbolt 65 on a Arcsaber Pro 7 4U at 27lbs. I changed my grip technique slightly and don’t feel the racquet is too light for overheads now. (Previously 88D pro 4U)

I am quite happy with Exbolt 65. My kid says it’s not much different to BG80 so she won’t change strings.

my 88D pro 4U had Aerobite boost. Great touch at the net. I think I rolled the shuttle on the tape about six times on one of my social matches.

badmintonpog1 likes this.