Help me choose my new racquet.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Apurva Anand, May 31, 2020.

1. Apurva Anand

Apurva Anand New Member

I'm a beginner playing on and off for a while but am playing consistently for a month and want to buy a racquet, my current racquet is carbonex 6000+ and I can't the sweet spot consistently enough and want to buy an isometric frame racquet. I'm considering buying yonex astrox 39. Is it good? If not recommended me racquet(budget 3000INR or 40 USD)

Also I'm an attacking player and play doubles mostly and can hit okay smashes from difficult positions.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Playing for a month & not to mention on & off which mean no routine training & your issue is to hit consistency.

With those short training & experience, its normal to see you missing your stroke alot. Switching racket wont help you at all to solve your issue & if you just want a new racket, well... Any racket that is 3U/4U, flex/medium flex, balance/abit head heavy would serve you good.

What string you use & what tension?
    Lower your string tension might help you better.

3. Apurva Anand

Apurva Anand New Member

I use the default string the racquet had and can't get it strung anywhere near where I live, thats why I searched and found a website that'll send me a strung racquet with BG65 and am thinking of getting it at 23 tension.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

hhhmmm... Quite expensive way i would say if you buy new racket for the string. But cant say much consider your difficulty on finding a stringer.

If so, maybe i want to suggest you to forget the brand. Big brand usually is abit expensive. Apacs, Fleet, Flypower, Hiqua is cheaper but at equal to better quality if you seek for cheap racket.

5. Apurva Anand

Apurva Anand New Member

Another option that I had in my mind was apacs z ziggler

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

if my memory didnt fail me, Z Zig is compact frame which mean smaller sweet spot.

7. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Look for an Apacs racket in your budget. I think it would be your best bet as it is cheaper, good quality, and can string higher tension.

8. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    For 3000, Li Ning's Nano Power series, Yonex's DG Range 0.5 etc as well as Ultra Strong and Ashaway's rackets are all good choices. I'd avoid the super cheap astrox and opt for stronger more durable frames instead.

Z Ziggler, N Force etc from apacs are compact heads. A bigger racket won't "solve" the mishit issue but at least it won't exacerbate it.

Apurva Anand likes this.