Help for string selection!

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by jeflsdean84, Jan 14, 2021.

1. jeflsdean84

jeflsdean84 New Member

Hi guys, just wanted to ask you guys about what strings I should get and what tension I should string my new racket at.

I've read that BG80 has a nice crisp feeling but since it's not very durable I probably won't get it. BG 65 seems to be quite durable but the feeling is apparently very 'dead' and dampened, so I'm wondering if you guys could recommend me a string that has a decent crisp feeling and is relatively durable (I don't intend on restringing frequently, and I'm definitely not 100% on hitting cleanly either)?

(Preferably a yonex string since the restringer uses yonex)

Thanks in advance!

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Its hard to imagine one feeling as what i feel most likely to be different from what you feel tho the object are all the same.

For tension, try 22-24 lbs. Finding suitable string require a self testing for sure.

3. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    BG80 is pretty thick so it should be durable... maybe go lower on tension and work on technique?

If you absolutely want to try another string that's yonex, maybe BG80 Power?

4. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

If you want more durability than bg80 then anything 0.68mm or thinner won't be durable enough for you.

If money is not a problem I recommend the Yonex Aerobite Boost. It's almost as crisp as bg80 but has 0.72mm mains which is hard to break. The thinner cross strings won't affect durability as much since strings rarely break at the cross.

If you can't find the Aerobite Boost, you can try Victors VBS 69N, I heard it's decent as a thick string although I haven't tried. Then, I'd try the VBS 70 or BG 70pro as last resorts. I must warn you though, BG80 is one of the crispest strings on the market and nothing from the thick strings comes even close to its feel, although the Aerobite Boost is the ONLY one that sort of comes close

yenyesoh likes this.
  5. Broto

Broto New Member

Used to use yonex 65ti...broke it...moved to kizuna 63x ...not looking back

binoyvs likes this.