Help finding International retailers

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Zclyh3, Jan 14, 2001.

1. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Hi. As an highly hooked Yonex customer, I buy lots of stuff. I need help with finding world retailers. Phone numbers, email addresses and any would do fine. What I'm really looking for are the Yonex SHB-860 shoes and the Mavis 370 and 500s. Everybody claims they've used it before, but never had the hard to hook us up with where they got them and how we can get them. I.E. BG-95 strings, and the dope Power Cushion shoes on the Yonex Japan website. So, if you can help us out and find out any information you can. Thanks!

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Guest

Hey Tony!
    I also want to look for international retailers. I'm not "hooked" to Yonex :) like you but I think that Yonex prices over here where i live (Canada) are waaaay to expensive. I've asked friends to bring rackets over from HK where they are a lot cheaper but would like to also know the names and addresses of any international retailers.

I seem to have read about Luxis on this board. Are they reliable and do they have an email or web addy? Has anyone had any experience with theM?

3. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Yo Jaysee, I plan on calling them up with dialpad.com. Calls in HK are only 5 cents a minute! I shall call them and sees what's up. If they are willing to hook it up then I'll tell you. Oh yeah Jaysee, you can get an MP100 in HK for around $110 like I did. That's hella cheap!

4. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Tony, when you said $110 for the MP100..... What currency are you talking about? Are you talking about HK dollars? If so then rackets there are much cheaper than here in Singapore. They are selling the MP100 for more than $300 singapore dollars here

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    (1) MP-100 costs ~HK$900 to 1,000 in HK.
    (2) Luxis does accept mail order, but you may need to pay first. If you haven't difficulty to contact with them, I'm willing to offer help (the owner is my coach and I play once per week with them).
    (3) The only place I can find BG-95 other than Japan is a retail badminton pro shop (not Luxis) in HK, unfortunately they don't accept mail order.
    (4) Yonex shoes with Power Cushion can also be found in Taiwan (but not HK), but the model number is not exactly the same as those in Japan (but they look exactly the same).

Hope this may help.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    please let us all know. I need some badminton supplies too. Lucky Luxis, they can't buy these kind of marketing and advertisement even if they want to.

7. Jaysee

Jaysee Guest

Ricky..could you check how much
    a..

Ti Swing Power SR and
    Iso 900 Swing Power SR is at Luxis?

Thanx

8. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Yo Byro-Nenuim, when I said $110 dollars, I meant in US dollars. So when Ricky said that the MP100 is around 900~1000 HK dollars, when you convert to US, that's around $110-120. As for Ricky, is it possible if you get us a pricelist of what Luxis sells and any other Yonex stuff. Do they have a website? Also Ricky, if you go to Taiwan that offers that type of shoe I want, could you possibly get the address for that retailer?

9. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I really don't want to advertise too much, you know, this is really not my intention ... Btw, I'll tell them their fax may not work properly.

Actually, the owner told me that they have a Web site and e-mail address, but he never checks (so I haven't asked) ! Fax should be the best way to get in touch with them because of the time difference (I'll suggest them to really "use" their e-mail address or even setup a new Web site, -:)).

For the price list, I'm afraid that I cannot provide a comprehensive one but I can help check the price of individual model when I drop by. In addition, there are two points I want to mention in advance : (1) the price may change (especially for those new models or models with limited stock, such as ISO 900SS CN), (2) they may not be the cheapest retailer in HK, but in general, the price is pretty good.

p.s. Tony, for ISO 900 SP (SX/SS/SR/SA), the price is HK$720. Price of ISO 900 SX CN is HK$1,030, and HK$1,230 for ISO 900 SS CN (I just check these prices last week). You may wonder why the ISO 900 SS CN is so expensive, because a lot of people find this racquet and it is no longer manufactured by Yonex.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Ti Swing Power is about HK$800-850. The price may have changed after I bought one (it wasn't for me).

Something interesting about Ti Swing Power. It's my wife's racquet (no, that's not the interesting bit). Well, we bought it because she tried out someone else's first. We got the 3rd head heavy version (forgotten the exact letters). Now she says it's too light and uses her cab21.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

I think it's a SR. Wow, your wife got one powerful arm.

12. Jaysee

Jaysee Guest

Hey all.

Is there any major differences in feel and touch between ISO 900 Swing Power and Ti Swing Power? (SR models) besides the Titanium of course.

13. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    You could always check out Central Sports UK:
    http://www.centralsports.co.uk

They take international orders, and they have an excellent web site.

14. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    ... and don't forget to check out the Carlton Speed Trainer under Accessories/Carlton!

Has anyone tried it?

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

The fax is supposed to be working. Dial 852 for the country code.

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

thanks cheung. Yes, i did dialed 852. I think it the firewall at work. I'll trying faxing it from another place.

17. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Hey cooler, if you in fact get into Luxis, contact me ASAP! Also, try centralsports.co.uk! I'm getting me a pair of dope SHB-92 shoes! They look hella tight!

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

sure but too busy lately to do faxing. Too bad luxis dont have an official email or website. They could make a killing from referral just from this forum alone I thought you liked shb-860? i like the look of 860 better.

19. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Actually cooler, I'm considering Mag's referral and purchasing the SHB-92 from centralsports.co.uk. This shoe looks way better than the SHB-860 on the Japanese website.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

RE: Luxis

Just in case, here is the fax number of Luxis (from their card) - 2425 0433

Country code - 852