Has anyone heard of Oliver Sport?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Daniel2207, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Daniel2207

Daniel2207 Regular Member

I was having a look around since I am a very driven player that wants to succeed at a high level. I am therefore looking for sponsorships I cam across oliver sport which I hadn't heard before but said on there main page they were sponsoring.

Heres a link if people could give me feed back on his credible the website is or whether u have used any of the products it would be much appreciated :)

https://www.oliversport.co.uk

2. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Oliver is a second or third tier brand.
    I think they tried out some grommetless rackets at one point, but essentially they're similar to Prince and other manufacturers of that ilk.

3. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

their shuttles are very commonly used where I play

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I can say following about Oliver:

Their high-end shuttles are good, the lower-mid priced ones are between okay-mediocre. Sizing of apparel is slightly smaller compared to other brands like Victor and Yonex. Their shoes are old-fashioned and nothing special. Their rackets are also nothing special. Have seen many broken of them. Not the sturdiest. Have seen a few collapsed frames without clashs. In one MD game in Training the head flew include the shaft through the whole sports hall when my opponent wanted to clear. Luckily nobody got injured. Strings and grips are also nothing special. At the end it is a third tier brand. Especially at the juicy UK prices I would stay far away from their rackets.

5. mckenziespeaks

mckenziespeaks New Member

Graphic Artist
    They are actually well-known e-commerce website if I am correct. Oliver Sports is pretty popular in Europe, I haven't seen any great reviews about them though.

6. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Yonex gives out sponsorships too, not like big sums of money or anything if you are just a casual state/city tournament winner. They will pay you consummate with your level. Yonex is far more famous than Oliver. I had to look up Oliver, and as others have said, it is definitely not one of the bigger brands for badminton.

If you're looking for a sponsorship so you can stick it in your CV, then go for it. If you're looking it as a way to supplement your income...I would not look into that. Badminton is a horrible choice for a career for almost anyone.

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Maybe you should search the forum first for info about 'Oliver'. They also used to sponsor a few German international players and a couple of their rackets were pretty well liked but that was quite a few year ago by now.
    (and I would think that he would be looking for an equipment sponsor in the first place ...)