Great Britain's race to London 2012 Olympics

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by craigandy, Oct 27, 2011.

1. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Just...wow!

Thanks for taking the time to answer with such a long post, I took a quick look at the links and they were frankly gobsmacking...such poor management. I've not gone through them thoroughly as it's gone 1am and I'm falling asleep at the keyboard, but I wanted to log in quickly and thank you.

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

seconded.
    Anyone care to start a poll?

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Please refrain from Vulgar language.

I agree with the most that he shouldn't go. He has been with his current partner for long enough to prove he is better than the other pairs and he hasn't....

4. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Lol, Poor LD RULES. It was actually me whom reffered to him as a k**b head in another post. It was kinda a throw away statement but that's how he comes across, I think with all the changes over the years and he has always been there, so he thinks he rules the place. I hope he never becomes president he can't handle power without abusing it, it seems, even sticking it to his own mate.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wow LD Rules, thought you only interested in news & Info on Lin Dan:D
    I hope Bankier/Adcock makes the cut instead of Robertson/Wallwork, they are the better pair, for one thing, they can beat ZN/ZYL, give trouble to the other top 4

6. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

oh yes, it was you wasn't it :eek:.

In my defence he did 'Like' your post, still, I got it wrong so sorry again LD Rules.

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Glad I was insightful:) might as well back up my thoughts and opinions with some sort of evidence, and I suppose that was it.:p

We all know there would only be one winner! Go Adcock/Bankier!:D

I'm not bothered, no need to apologise. Let's face it, judging from my post, you know I was thinking it!:D

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I like to keep up to date with everything and also try and shed light on issues that may sometimes not be covered within this forum. The Robertson was a fairly well known problem. It is just that he is so powerful within BE that there is nothing anyone can do. Luckily "the problem" only has four tournaments left before he hopefully retires and none of them is the Olympics!:)

Adcock and Bankier can in theory beat every pair in the world on their day, against Denmark they'll struggle more than against China, but that's just due to different styles of play. Nathan is past it, his experience isn't enough to justify sending him to a 3rd Olympics. Imogen is far superior around the net in comparison to Jenny, and therefore it would end any chance of a medal if you sent Nathan/Jenny instead (remember there is targets to be met)
    I'm sure if Adcock/Bankier go (which they deserve to do so) and they don't medal Robertson will take to his usual methods of ranting on the Internet (especially on his twitter account)

Just my 2 cents as usual :)

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

What i would like to see is for Robertson and co finally overtake Adcock/Bankier in ranking and the selection committee decided to send Adcock/Bankier anyway.

That will make my day.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Huh? Win medal? Much as I respect Bankier/Adcock's skills, to win an OG medal is very tough for non Asian countries. The 2004 silver was a rare thing, an was with Rexy as their coach. Aft TKH left to come back Msia, their doubles dept dont seem to be doing well, doing well by Asian standards that is

11. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Fans have different motivations to support Nathan's quest to qualify for the Olympics. Reason being rate of upsets caused by Nathan is lower compared to Adcock/Bankier in big tournaments. That's what separates those two apart. I disagree Adcock/Bankier are potential medal winning pair. I only see a pair that is only capable of causing big upsets by not winning the tournament eventually. They flop as bad as Nathan Robertson as well, beating the world number 1 in the first round however they lost in the next round. I dont think they are better than Nathan Robertson.

On that basis, Nathan could use this argument to his advantage by influencing the decision made by BE.

China and Indonesia fans would like to see Nathan Robertson go to London and that would be a huge sigh of relief for us because we all know he doesn't stand a single chance of beating any of the pairs HAHAHAHA.

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I didn't mean they would win a medal, but if you look at the targets set for GB badminton at OG12, it's like 2 medals which is the target and we all know that that is impossible...

I still think on home turf, it is possible for team GB to get something or at least do well. Maybe they'll make the play off for 3rd place, they are GB only hope of winning a medal in badminton though...

13. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

The Mixed doubles race for Great Britain is finally over with only one more competition remaining with enough points value, Chris Adcock and Imogen Bankier have gained an unassailable lead after reaching the semi's of the European championships. With ranking points added from the euro champs

CA & IB 51180
    NR & JW 44592.23

Even If Robertson & Wallwork managed to win the India open SS it would take their points only to 50192.23 still leaving them 987.77 points short.

It was a well fought battle and some entertaining head to heads so congrats and commiserations.

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

15. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Womens singles race still is still on although unlikely to change it's stance with

Susan Egelstaff 28287.75
    Elizabeh Cann 25731

With the upcoming India ss, if Susan gets wiped out in first round Elizabeth can still catch her with a quarter final finish or better.

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    NaoooooO!!! Nathan come on, where's your passion for the game man? Use your authority and abuse it to the max.....get what you want !!!??

17. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

He kept saying it's "likely" they won't get selected. "likely" sounds like he has not admitted defeat yet at least with the selectors, crazy mo fo!

18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    There's slight possibility he could still exercise his "other" authority to buy into the selectors...for instance, considering his past career achievements. Adcock and Bankier i wont say they are doing extremely well either; sure they have knocked out the best pairs in the world but have they won the titles eventually ? There's no title at all to their count.

So maybe Nathan could use this last miracle/authority to influence the selectors?!

Come on Nathan, get selected and one less threat for China hahahahaha

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Cann is in the qualification, there's a good chance shell not make it through the qualification draw. Susan also won't beat Sung Ji Hyun in the main draw.

Unless the selectors are looking for a legal fight they'll pick Adcock/Bankier. The higher ranking and the 2-1 H2H record should be enough...

20. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Do you ever post anything useful on here?