Good Grips ??

Discussion in 'Grip' started by grant, Jul 16, 2001.

1. grant

grant Guest

I have moved from the UK to Thailand recently and started playing again. Since it's so humid in Thailand, I was wondering what you guys recommend for grips. I have used Karakal before but now it gets too wet with perspiration. I don't really like towel grips.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. MP-100 with BG65 20Ib good combo ???

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Ideally spk i think the sweat from your upper arm flows down to your palms and wets your grips. so why dont u try wearing a Wrist band.that should help. dont waste too much money on Grips.

If u can find this grip pls do try it! It is called "WHAT A GRIP"

I think it is a greta grip.

Regarding the Mp 100 i think nobody can recommend a particular tension. it is found out in trial and error method. becasue each one has their own preferences.

I hope this helps.

3. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Strings and tension ??

Yes, I have to agree with Yogesh, its a lot to do with preference. And lots and lots of experimentation.

If you have decent arm power, try something like 21lbs with the BG-65 or BG-66 ( since they are more common) and you may find that its actually better. But if you have problems doing baseline clears to the opposing baseline, don't go above 21lbs, you'll soon find yourself with pretty sore arms.

That's a rough gauge only. No guarantees as it takes a bit of time to find out exactly what is you preferred setup. It took me a few months to get it right. With all the recent new strings, well, found that I really like the BG-85 at 23lbs. ( Not recommended if you have issues of arm power ) just like weeks ago? ! ! ( after about 3 months of experimenting ) ( I've experimented around for years, so it may take you some time to get it correct.)

4. grant

grant Guest

Thanks to yogesh and Gladius for their help and advice.
    You guys seem to know your stuff.
    I'll be back.

5. May

May Guest

Karakal seems alryt, a wrist shld help.

6. clive

clive Guest

Agree that the Karakal gets a bit sweaty. I use Karakal ripple grip with a sweatband. It's good in winter, and I love its feel and tackiness. But in summer when I am really sweating (even with a wrist band) it's pretty average.

My other racket has a Slazenger grip with ripple which is less tacky but not so sweaty. I also used a Prince tacky grip which was not as tacky but had holes in it for sweat to get out which seemed to work.

7. May

May Guest

yah, i use the same Karakal grip, it's pretty alryt. U knw, I live in Singapore, Summer All year 'round, how come it doesn't seem to have a prob with perspiration??