Good coaching or not?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by 2cents, Mar 11, 2007.

1. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

u serious?? the supporters really shouted 'rexy boleh'????:D :D well..if its true..I am more than please to hear that!!!:p

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

REXY is definitely an icon in Malaysia now. No, keep your hands of him PBSI ! He is not for hiring --- Malaysia will not allow it !:p

3. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

:D :D :D :D truly agree!!! we'll do anything to keep RExy here...hahaha... that's also have to respect his own decision...:p :p :p :p :p

4. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

:D :D :D :D truly agree!!! we'll do anything to keep RExy here...hahaha... that's also have to respect his own decision...:p :p :p :p :p

5. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

sorry that i'm too excited till i double post the previous msg...haha

6. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

If Rexy demands a very high increase in salary, do you think Malaysia will keep him?? Or Mas will higher Kim Her back if he demands a lower salary than Rexy??

7. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

to me.. if he's worth the salary that he'd asked for...maybe yes...after all..he's a humble coach..i think he will be reasonable with the salary that he'd asked..hehe

8. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    good one, X Ball!;)

9. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Actually I posted this with the notorious, highly emotional Indonesian fans in mind. On the other hand, I don't think Malaysian fans would turn hostile against Kim Her if he coaches any Korean pair to win MO.

10. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

But will China turn hostile if their coach in other country produce world class player to compete with China? Eg: the case of Li Mao in producing LCW.. Li Mao disagreement with LYB in the past has even worsen the situation.. So, do u all think Chen Hong and Xia Xuanze coach in other countries? China is indeed a special case..

11. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

BECAUSE LWH/CTF are too big heads.(Big egos)
    Rexy did complained about some players who think they are so good that they don't listen to him.

I have to agree that coaching roles might be less than 50% for player/players to be successful BUT every % counts and it still does make a huge differences.

12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

First as I said earlier, Rexy did see the future in the pair KKK/TBH long before the WC 2006 accident.

Second, the first thing a good coach (teacher, mentor, manager, etc.) to know is to choose the right one to coach. Coaches are not Gods, they can't just touch on stupid stubborn heads and turn them into smart ones. (Remember Li Mao's complain that Mas won't let him choos young players? You cannot just give a coach a guy and say, let's see how you bring him up to World Champion, it just does not work that way.)

Therefore, I say Rexy is a very good coach. Currently the best in MD.

13. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

You still didn't get my point. When I raised the hypothetical situation on Rexy coaching KKK/TBH to win Indonesian Open title, note that I specified "Indonesian Open", i.e., I was thinking of whether Rexy would even be able to leave the stadium! Remember what happened to TC 1967 (correct year?)? The final was held in Jakarta and the Indonesian fans almost started a riot when the Malaysia team was leading. The final was halted and ... we know the history. Another edition of TC in mid-1990s which was also held in Jakarta, INA fans was again restless (e.g., throwing empty bottles, etc., into MAS players' court area) even though the INA team led MAS by 3-0 and MAS managed to convince the organizer not to play the last 2 matches (during that time, the teams had to play all 5 matches even if one team had already won 3 matches.)

Speaking of China, that reminds me of 1992 when MAS last won TC. Three Chinese coaches were behind MAS' success, including their upset win over China in the SF. Still remember who they were?

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm...

:) ..hehe, perhaps 2cents has achieved what he wants out of this thread, if at least to generate some discussions and brought out everyone's "2 cents"??..;)
    Btw, don't know if kwun/mods want to move this thread to the Professional Players sub-forum..there seems to be another similar recent thread on this "coaching" subject..;)

15. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

KKK/TBH + Rexy = A Perfect Combination.....

i agree that rexy is a brilliant coach and that, we, mlsian fans wud nvr frgive BAM if they dont renew rexy`s contracts !!

rexy is far away from perfect,but he is the BEST choice for mlsian MD.. definitely the best coach with a gr8 background n records in d bdmton arena himself..

thus, hands up for KKK/TBH + rexy !! best combination for 2007 :)

16. ixory

ixory Regular Member

hay yuqiu i have some news 4 u..

Badminton: ‘I’m staying on’

13 Mar 2007
    K.M. Boopathy

REXY Mainaky has committed his future to Malaysia but in the same breath, challenged his senior pairs to prove that Malaysian doubles is more than just about newly crowned All England champions Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong.

[​IMG]

The grapevine has been abuzz that Rexy may leave when his contract expires in June to rescue Indonesia’s slump in the men’s doubles but Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s exploits in Birmingham on Sunday have more than convinced the former Olympic champion to stay, at least, until the Beijing Olympics next year. ​

Rexy, in a telephone interview from Birmingham yesterday, said he is a professional and will not allow his sentiments as a former Indonesian player to sway his decision in any way.

The Indonesia BA (PBSI) has been earnestly pursuing him but Rexy is firm with his decision to lead Malaysia’s charge towards its first Olympic gold, even if it means refusing a request from his mentor Christian Hadinata.

"I am a professional and I have pledged my future to Malaysia. My wife and children are happy and comfortable here and that’s very important for me," said Rexy.

"Kien Keat-Boon Heong have done enough to convince me to stay. What has impressed me is the way they are handling the fame. They have remained level headed and that is what I want — creating champions who are humble and approachable.

"As a player, I offered my services wholeheartedly to Indonesia but I have a job to do here and that’s my commitment and focus.

"At the same time, I have challenged the other senior pairs to match Kien Keat-Boon Heong and share equal responsibility. I had this discussion with the players a couple days ago.

"The players must have the right mental approach and must keep learning all the time. How does Boon Heong, just 20, have the ability to consistently reach finals and win titles?"

Kien Keat, 22, and Boon Heong, 20, are the youngest pair in the men’s doubles squad and they have reached the final of four of the five tournaments they have played in since teaming up, the first time being the Japan Open last October.

In contrast, the more experienced Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah, Lin Woon Fui-Fairuzizuan Tazari, Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock, Gan Teik Chai-Zakry Latif and Chan Chong Ming-Hoon Thien How have not reached a final on the world stage since the Asian Championships last year. Tan Fook-Wan Wah beat Boon Heong-Thien How for the Asian title then.

"The others are much older and they should be able to do it too. I’m not so pleased with the way Bin Shen-Soon Hock played.

"They started with the right strategy but lost it midway and the chance to beat Fu Haifeng-Cai Yun (of China in the second round).

"Tan Fook-Wan Wah are doing all right while the others are still lagging. I already have decided on two pairs for the World Championships and there is one more place left. The rest must show they deserve the last spot."

Woon Fui-Fairuzizuan and Teik Chai-Zakry are going through their worst patch but Rexy has opted not to split them up just yet and will allow them to fight for a place in the World Championships.
    Bin Shen-Soon Hock are the pair who have a better chance of joining Kien Keat-Boon Heong and Tan Fook-Wan Wah in the World Championships but need to show more consistency.

17. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

Yeah, Rexy is staying on. This is a great piece of news.:D :D

18. lipans

lipans Regular Member

horeee!!!!!!! rexy stay!!!!

19. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

just hope he doesn't leave quietly like Li Mao. and i believe he won't do that..

20. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Bin Shen-Soon Hock is another potential pair to watch! They just came back from injury and they beat some top pairs in the past few months. They can do better and will definitely achieve something for the next few months.