Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

When does the matches usually schedule be published? Shouldn't it be out today?

Never mind. It's up:)

#3881 yuquall, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Kevin really can't catch a break, some people were mad at him because of his reply on instagram :rolleyes:

bully k.jpg
    Basically because he didn't put comma and question mark in there, some people misinterpret his words and thought he disrespected ahsan/hendra:rolleyes:

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ooh poor Kevin. Those nasty comments must break his "liver" :D:D:D:p:p

4. wade

wade Regular Member

For S750 event the bwf streaming gonna start from the second round right ?

Just realize that ko/shin also gonna play in there

5. sen

sen Regular Member

I think those people really have something wrong in the head. When I read it, I know what Kevin meant. Of course, after you pointed out, yeah, if you read it differently it might mean different thing.

Thunder Hand likes this.
  6. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Need 10 more weeks as world no 1 to break lee/yoo's record

Yoji likes this.
  7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, but when the lines person calls the shuttle out, then either changes their mind or gets overruled without the player noticing, the umpire should still let them challenge. After all, the judgement wasn't made immediately either (or rather, the immediate one wasn't upheld)....this applies especially in loud venues like Istora and for players with not very strong English, where there's sometimes issues with hearing and/or understanding the situation.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haha, the two geniuses and the two guys who are happy to get a ride to the top :D would be amusing if Kevin were to essentially repeat Hendra's career and get a younger partner when he hits that 30(ish) barrier

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yes, but the deciding factor regarding the legality of the serve is where he contacts the shuttle. As long as the entire shuttle is under the 115cm line, it's okay - and I have to say, it looks much better these days. His serve looked good in the match against LiLiu, whereas it was blatantly and wildly illegal before the rule change (usually hitting the shuttle around shoulder height). Same for Ahsan, I'd even say Ahsan is still serving higher than Marcus now, toeing the line more closely (or stepping over it carefully)

10. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

I find it funny when ahsan getting faulted more often than gideon in the final :D

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They're (or were) 2 of the Top5 most blatant illegal servers of all players I watched :D and only YYS was really fighting them for the 3 top spots :D

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

LiLiu is more illegal as far i seen it. they are the tallest MD doubt Gideon can raise as much as their height difference, lol.

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

They probably need longer to break RickyRexy records. I'm sure RR know how long they were WR1.

Turning into JO, He/Tan is dangerdudes. They knocked out Li/Liu at AllEngland R1. It's not improbable that Kevin has to beat 4 CHN pairs to reach the Final, he would relish these kinds of challenges. Life is about challenges.

Still, i'd rather he beat 4 CHN pairs in China just like Fuzhou. Feels gooder.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm talking about the past. With the old rule, nobody was worse than Gideon - if Li served at shoulder height, he could play the shuttle downwards.
    Also, they're not the tallest MD, and Li seems to be serving perfectly legal, judging by how much he bends down and couches...

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Minions through to R2.. yay! They wore the red jersey today. Had a quite a bit trouble as usual at first but managed to win G1. As G2 started, they were always ahead He/Tan. They defensed somehow superbly against He/Tan's attack in G2, took a lot of effort for the CHN to break them. Also winning the most of the flat exchanges when attacking getting too difficult.
    Kevin did some amazing crouch defenses and that infamous backhand interception with pirouette too :D Quite happy with their performance especially in the second game not many unforced errors unlike last week in IO. If they could keep this up, should be able to tackle Hoki/Koba tomorrow.

By the way.. talking about services,
    IMG_4008.JPG IMG_4009.JPG IMG_4010.JPG

or
    IMG_4022.JPG IMG_4023.JPG

16. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Gideon definitely serving better right now, not as high as it used to :D

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Geez playing against hot HokiKobayashi. They have much more potential than KamuraSonoda for OG

18. wade

wade Regular Member

Seems like minions don't care if it's slow hall or fast hall, they won in under 30 minutes again lol

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Lol I had to make sure the timing so I didn't have to go to the restroom when they were on court.
    G1 : Minions showed Hoki/Koba who's da boss!! Nothing for the JPN to work on and they couldn't get out of the service situation at all. Nothing got passed Kevin at the net :D:D
    Hoki resorted to the delaying to receive tactic which annoyed Minions aka Kevin a lot. Marcus was preparing to serve, Hoki raised his hand, Marcus kept on waiting and waiting and waiting but Hoki kept his hand up. It was long enough and Hoki wasn't going to put down his hand, Marcus just served anyway because it took too long. Hoki was still there holding his hand up and let the shuttle go. Doh.. umpire gave it a let but Marcus got annoyed and complained to the umpire and Hoki got warned. And Kevin.. hemm.:cool: That's the first. The same thing happen again when it was Kevin's turn to serve to Hoki. Now Kevin got seriously annoyed:D You can tell from his face expression that he won't let it go easily. At the last rally of G1, Kevin was holding his serve really long (moving his serving arm left and right) before he finally hit it, and they won the rally.

G2 : Hoki/Koba seemed to get the hang of the service situation and started to get their game. Yet, minions managed to pull away anyway. Kevin was obviously sending the clear message to the JPN pair, he tried to kill the shuttles HARD as much as possible lol, but of course some of them found the net. When he succeeded, the JPN opponents just had to scatter to avoid getting hit. As we know how he could be when he was in "raged" mode. Anyhow, fortunately they pulled themselves together just in time before deuce was forced. So yay.. minions won the match in straight games. They outclassed their opponents of today in all aspects, except in "maturity" or controlling emotion I am afraid :p:p.
    To be honest I was so worried if Kevin would have lost his head and lost G2.. not something I wanted to happen. Luckily it didn't happen.

The local audience just had to admit the dominance of the WR1 today. Was quite satisfying listening to their responds and comments during the match. Glad I know some Japanese:D:D:D

20. wade

wade Regular Member

So..a lot of staredown and airshot from kevin today huh ? :D seems like he control himself better at IO last week. :D

Anyway they gonna play soh/aaron tomorrow, they only met this malaysian pair once right ? at malaysia open last year ? could be tricky.