Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. wade

wade Regular Member

The only bigger and taller partner for kevin that comes to my mind are only praveen lol. I think they're doing pretty well, usually when kevin playing with new partner they would get in each other way, confusion who's gonna take the shuttle, etc...akbar is actually doing pretty well, the rotation are pretty ok.

Yes I don't really like that habit tbh, he tends to do that in international competition as well when he feel that the opponent are not that great, or when he and gideon got a comfortable lead. but well, he's not gonna change I think...he just too stubborn...if you want too see him playing at his best, then make him do that.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

But I suppose they probably want to keep Jordan in XD at the moment.
    Kevin/Akbar were okay but sometimes Akbar was hesitating to make a move. Maybe it was his respect or nervousness as this is their first time playing together. Despite Akbar only 1 year younger, it was a distinct senior and junior partnership.

Unfortunately Kevin will never grow out of that immature part of his I supposed. That's just in his nature. As long as he doesn't make too many mistakes, I don't mind him playing around. It's fun to watch when he is playing well.

Still I really want to see Kevin played with Zhang Nan though. Maybe ZN's CBSL team could hire Kevin and pair him with ZN to play some serious MD matches. Well one can dream:p

3. wade

wade Regular Member

Even if zhang nan's CBSL team would some how hire kevin I doubt a chinese coach would partner 2 front court players together :D

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Why not? There is no need of back court players if no shuttles can go past the front court players lol
    Both Zhang Nan and Kevin are pretty good back at the back too, not that weak with many variations. Enough to induce a weak reply from the opponent for the partner to kill it at the net. I don't think Zhang Nan or Kevin would miss any loose shuttle do you? Well maybe Kevin would make some mistakes and maybe ZN one or two.:D:D
    Zhang Nan was paired with Hendra once before in CBSL and both did well.

5. wade

wade Regular Member

Oh I didn't know that, should watch it later then. yeah it would be interesting, though I think the opponent would try their hard to lift to the backcourt again everytime they're defending kevin/zhang nan :D

6. Master

Master Regular Member

Somehow I feel that the first day line-up of Djarum Kudus as team A and the second day line-up as tecam B. So, Kevin is in the B team LOL.
    Will Djarum field their team A for today match? Or there will be re-mixed line-up?

The match against SGS PLN will be easier than their first day match against Exist Jakarta.
    I think that Kevin will play with Ahsan this time against Fajar Alfian/M. Shohibul Fikri.

This Fajar Alfian/Shohibul Fikri is another example of two front court players combination (their team would have no other choice).:D
    Will SGS PLN team brave enough to play Fajar/Ginting as MD pair? :p

7. minions

minions Regular Member

For MD match, I think the advantage goes to Djarum Kudus. Djarum's male players are all from national team, while SGS PLN only have Fajar and Ginting. I guess SGS PLN can try Fajar/Ginting combination. Nothing to lose here.

8. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

I think fikri are also on the national team, but on pratama one ? I don't think SGS gonna try that, fajar/fikri are doing pretty well actually...beating sabar/frengky yesterday.

9. minions

minions Regular Member

I don't know much about Fikri. I only notice the top INA players.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It would be interesting to see how Ginting would do in MD though.

Someone even suggested (joked) in another thread how deadly it would be if Kevin was paired with Ginting because of his smash power :D

11. wade

wade Regular Member

Not only that, he could really find some amazing angle from the backcourt, something gideon couldn't do :D

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah definitely. Amazing attacks and very quick footwork too.:)

What should Markus do to improve his attacks? He is a hard worker so I assume he has been practicing diligently everyday. So it can't be a lack of effort issue.

13. Master

Master Regular Member

Correct! M. Shohibul Fikri is also a part of National Team (pratama) since he's also a part of 2017 WJC team players.

Beating Sabar/Frengky is good for them, but they will meet "stronger" team this time.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What time do they play today? Is the line-up for today out yet?

15. Master

Master Regular Member

yuquall likes this.
  16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

17. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Isn't Berry a front court player too?

18. minions

minions Regular Member

Maybe it is just that hard for him to improve his attacks? He is not someone with high talent.

Oh, Kevin is paired with Berry. I don't know how this pair can adapt to each other. I just hope that Berry doesn't end up become liability for Kevin.

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yes, that's exactly my question. What should he do? Because the coaches have probably tried to help him with his attacks and I am sure he isn't be slacking off with his practices. Maybe that injury had something to do with the way he smash, lately they had been exposed to slow playing conditions continuously.

I still remember most coaches would say to their players that Kevin's smashes from the back court were nothing to be scared of. And now Kevin is able to score points from behind.

More variations on drop shots perhaps?

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What a weird both camera and camera angle for Kevin/Berry match and low quality too:confused::confused: