gail emms is #1

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by gail emms#1 fan, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    1. thanks for taking the trouble of understanding me better... but i think you need a deeper insight of me. because if not, you're bound to get lost.you're already heading that-a-way. firstly, you're right about me as china's supporter. but i don't usually talk through my heart. that said, i may be all for supporting the chinese, but i wouldn't criticise another plainly because of that. d'you get what i mean? how can i put it plainer; if zhang/gao won by obvious stroke of luck and gail/partner were truly the better pair, i would not hesitate to admit it. sure, i'd feel damp my team lost, but i'm not one who likes to live in DENIAL!

3. i can't say that i totally get what you mean by your 3rd para...are you trying to say that because they are not better supported by their government, so they deserved to win players who are decidely better than them?
    :rolleyes:

2. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    I think he's only saying that he has the natural tendency to support the "weakest"... (countries)

His point was also that players who don't get as much government support need to fight much harder to get to that level.
    However I think english team has rather good government support compared to others...

3. laughable c.

wholly agreed upon

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Actually, alots of Olympic athletes are more amateurs than we thought. Not only do they have to balance work and their commitment to their passion, some of them ended paying for the experience of just being in contention. Government support can only go so far for so many sports out there. If badminton is not a major sport then there's less funds for it. So the athletes may not be the best cuz they don't have the luxury of devoting most of their time to their sports like the Asian teams, but they maintain enough competitive standard to compete in the games. What I am saying is... those guys have gone through alot of hardship to be able to compete. For that alone, they deserved my respect and thus my support even though the chance of them winning gold is next to impossible:cool:. IMO, you deserves to win if you in the finals and you played well against formidable oppositions.

5. laughable c.

similarly, china has that great a population. to choose the best talented and potential is nothing easy. the players themselves work AS hard if not harder in order to prove themselves and REMAIN at the top, the best.

i think that these qualities deserves my respect and support.

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I am not saying that they don't deserve respect and support, I am sure it's really hard to stay on the Chinese national team. However, I do take offense when you questioned the other team in the finals. Well, the Brits shouldn't be discounted as long as they got a fighting chance (and the brits did).

7. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    can we close this thread already?

coz its dragging, getting boring and i dont see it doing any good for BF. just a thought tho :rolleyes:

cheers :D

8. laughable c.

sure, jug. but not before this.

cappy, did i ever question the brits ability for entering the finals? must've been a serious memory damage. sorry, pal! i certainly didn't mean that.

once again. am only arguing that gail isn't #1. let's all relax, now shall we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.