FZ Forza Light 8 (REVIEW) : FZ Forza Revamps its Brand

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by PinkDawg, Aug 25, 2016.

1. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Hi everyone,

I recently had the chance to try out the FZ Forza Light 8 at an interesting time in Forza's lifespan because it just recently scrapped all of its 15-year-old lines for new lines: Light, Legend, and Power. I tried the Light 8 and it was pleasantly surprising.

This will be a short review, as I didn't have as much time to go in depth, but there were several features of its performance that stood out to me.

Note: I have tried this racket out from badmintonian.com but this is not a sponsored review.

[​IMG]

On the first touch, the racket is fast, but it was not the head-light racket I expected when I heard "Light 8." The racket is head heavy. I found this surprising because drives are very fast and able, but I'm somewhat confused when it performs better than I expected given the balance. I later found that this is how it was designed.

In performance, this is a racket very appropriate for an attacking player. Again, with this as a fast racket, I was surprised when my smashes were excellent. I enjoy the feeling (and appearance) of thundering down smashes. The sweet spot is more concentrated here than on most rackets. That being said, on mishits, the racket dulls. The sweet spot is less concentrated than the Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash's. The touch wasn't anything too special, pretty standard for rackets in its caliber.

In my opinion, FZ Forza has made their rackets more attractive. The design of the racket is aerodynamic, and the paint job draws concepts from geometry and simplicity. I enjoyed the yellow and black aesthetic, so I like where the design teams for Forza are going.

Overall, I really like this racket. I feared I would not because I'm an attacking player, so I mainly stayed away from Forza's lighter lines, but this has made me reconsider.

Fidget likes this.
  2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Forza's old "lines" were a bit daunting to understand. Glad to hear that they are simplifying. Let the reviews keep flowing.:)

3. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Forza's own website doesn't list weights or balance points, which basically makes it hard to take seriously.

The Legend series (despite it's name) is targetted at leisure players, leaving the Power and Light lines for serious players, in addition to the Titanium series (which I think they already had).

4. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

That's really weird. I have only been on the distributor website that I mentioned.

Thanks for the information- I was under the impression that they were leaving three lines behind for a new, basically equivalent 3 lines. I find that the distributors are good for getting details from.

Have you tried any of their new stuff?