From 'whitewashing' to zero in less than 14 days

Discussion in 'India Open 2009' started by Pemuda, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

hahahahahaha :D
    Yeah man, I am really worried for them all. ;)

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Please provide the proof?

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

LCW lost, period. But it is amazing to see the food poisoning etc etc etc being bandied about. Is it hard or impossible for boleh fans to admit that Chen Long played better badminton that day??

And some are even whingeing about this thread :eek:. When LCW beat LD in the SO, there were no whingeings or moanings regarding that LCW Whitewashed LD thread ... I guess when it comes to LCW winning it is ok for 'happy' LCW threads. But when LCW is beaten I see even PG's broken toe will be thrown into the pot by boleh fans :eek: What has PG's toe gotta do with LCW's defeat in the India Open???

Have some class. When you win, celebrate. But when you lose, dont take it bitterly.

What's LCW's next tournament? I hope he wins or else another natural disaster will be thrown in!

4. epaphroditus

epaphroditus Regular Member

You are a "Tough Eagle" :D I agreed with your coffee shop /road side food theory. When you are regularly expose to those food, you immune system becomes stronger & could adapt to it. However, if you have never or seldom or very cautious about eating those food, you immune system can't handle the "poison". It has been always true whenever I go back to Malaysia (no offense) unless I stay out from coffee shop or roadside food, but that is impossible when the craving comes........:D

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hahahaha, eagle eating roadside kill, very natural indeed:D:p:cool:

for me, the best way to taste the culture is trying out their roadside hawkers.

6. epaphroditus

epaphroditus Regular Member

More speculation....this one quoted from The Star online:
    Chong Wei’s Indian episode gives BAM much to chew on

COMMENT BY RAJES PAUL

WORLD No. 1 men’s singles shuttler Lee Chong Wei thought his first round exit in the Indian Open would be met with sympathy.
    But it also drew flak.
    But his excuse has only led to many unanswered questions. Where was the team chaperone? Why did he eat outside food in the first place?
    Usually, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have a chaperone to look after their players. Unfortunately, the team to India was not accompanied by a team manager.
    It seems that none of the state badminton presidents was available for the “holiday” trip.
    There would have been a long queue for the team manager’s post if the destination had been somewhere in Europe.
    Left without much choice, the BAM felt that national coaches Teh Seu Bok and Rosman Razak would be able to juggle their coaching duties with managing and ensuring that the players have enough rest and eat proper meals.
    Obviously, the duo had their plates full, leading to this unfortunate event.
    Or was it simply a case of the duo not being authoritative enough in getting their message across to the players.
    It has been ages since the BAM planned to hire a full-time manager to manage the players.
    The idea was to have a professional to look into every aspect of the athletes’ preparation during tournaments, including ensuring proper meal intake at the proper time.
    But all that has only been empty talk.
    The BAM, however, should not take all the blame.
    After all, the 27-year-old Chong Wei is not a rookie player.
    As a seasoned traveller and professional player he should know better than to eat outside food, especially so in India.
    And hasn’t this mantra been drummed into the heads of the elite and back-up athletes by the sports scientists from the National Sports Institute (NSI)? The Indian Open may have been just a Grand Prix gold tournament and Chong Wei may have felt obliged to go because of his sponsors.
    But still, it is a responsibility of the player — especially one as esteemed as Chong Wei — to take nothing for granted.
    One just hopes that the food poisoning episode is not a mere excuse to explain the rare first round defeat after his sensational win over China’s Lin Dan in the Swiss Open final just a week earlier.
    One thing is for sure — a lesson has been learnt the painful way.
    Chong Wei will have to be extremely careful when he makes his way to the same place in August in a bid to become the country’s first world champion.
    BAM too will have to leave no stones unturned in the team’s preparation for the World Championships from Aug 6-10. And that, for now, is enough for them to chew on.

7. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Whatever...LCW lost...and getting food poisoning definately made him play worse (I'd like to see anybody refute this idea). And when he played worse, he lost.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    LCW is now immuned

I think there is no need to worry about LCW's next trip to Gouwali(?) anymore. He has now been given a natural dosage of food poisoning which will fortify his immune system.

He should jolly well take advantage of this and enjoy all the delicious Hyderabad hawker fare available. Unfortunately his teammates could only sit and stare while he is enjoying his food. Maybe WMC could join him as she is similarly immuned, I think. Maybe abedeng and avataar can also join him too. :D:):p

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    It should be done long ago.But better late than never

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    As I mentioned to avataar and davey last night, all this talk about food poisoning after having lost the match smacks of undisciplined conduct on LCW's end. Yes, he's still World No 1 and I do support him, but he lost, fair and square to a better player on the day. Just admit defeat and move on.

The alleged food poisoning story (alleged because I don't know how true it really is, plus avataar and davey were there and gave eye-witness accounts when LCW played Chen Long) should not have been brought on to Malaysian press because we all know how unforgiving the press can be. As expected, this had worked on most Malaysian supporters including BC forummers.

As it is, LCW did not exercise proper judgement and it cost him dear, and proper judgement must be done both out of court and in court.

Besides, I have never seen a player in ill health whack an opponent 21-7 in the first game, and keep the scores very close in the next two games.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LOL, uncle Loh, you're in jolly mood these 2 days. Enjoy Indian food? Maybe not, LCW doesnt want more visits to the toilet. .;)

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think he would have admitted defeat if he was not sick. He told it as it was. I cannot imagine LCW made this up. The body can react revulsively when it is not in the best of condition - if he wasn't as fit as he was, he would have felt sick in the 1st game. Think you cannot make such statement as you did as you are not a doctor.

#292 X Ball, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What LCW should have done after an unexpected loss is to behave like LD and not talk to the press at all. But he's too obliging.
    What's obvious is that CL specially trained for LCW but not for HH ,that's such a disappointment with his loss after his exhilirating win.Logically it's hard to understand how CL can defeat LCW but lose to HH who just played 'cool'.
    But LCW is not just a player. He's a WR1, whether in ill health or under emotional duress, his decent opponents still have to work 3 games to win(Susilo in SO,BP in ABC)

14. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

They already met few times in short time so CL already know LCW game just like PG in KSS.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I say kudos to Rajes Paul! She was spot on!

How are we going to win the big titles when our shuttlers are undisciplined and our officials unprofessional?

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes...thats why WE need u to take control....:)...

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As an INA fan, I am happy that Lee Chong Wei did not enter the Final.

Thanks to him, it was Chen Long who entered the SF. The second person to thank will be Yoyo Hafiz. He beat Andre in the QF, but reedemed himself by beating Chen Long in the next round, which ensured that Taufik will not face LCW's conqueror :D

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nah.....lcw never conquer except in malaysia....;)...remember????he is jaguh kampung according to someone...

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, TH have won, congratulation. But this victory can be sweeter if he face LCW in Final............and won over LCW......

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    After India Open SF i wanna conclude that Mr. Yo yo is better than LCW
    Reason??? Coz Yo yo beat Chen Long....so HH is better than LCW
    :D:D:D:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.