Free coaching and practice, in Surrey UK

Discussion in 'UK' started by Gollum, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

We should hold something in Wimbledon on the weekends, that way we can all get there by train.

2. alansd

alansd Regular Member

Thats not a bad idea but the only Problem is that wimbledon is a members club so unless anyone knows of an alternative venue its not practical. Visitors are allowed but only a few times and its a £5 guest fee plus court and shuttles so it soon adds up.
    Any ideas people?

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Update:

Alan and I are no longer practising together, partly due to his new coaching commitments.

That means I am still looking for at least one practice partner and ideally three.

4. gohth

gohth Regular Member

IT
    Hi Gollum, are you still running this coaching/practice session? Thanks. TH

5. d-arke

d-arke Regular Member

You seriously don't want to know. It's way too bor
    Hi Gollum,

I might be interested in what you have on offer. I've just arrived in London and currently looking into the badminton scene over here. I work out in Leatherhead and pass by Epson everyday. Though its only a temp job, though I'd still be up for meeting for the next few weeks or so to keep the dust of the racket. Not sure what standard I would be at as I played in the Dublin Leagues in Ireland. Could play in section 3 out of 6. Well get in touch if you want to try sort something out.

Regards

ps. how far a walk would it be from Epsom train station????

#25 d-arke, Mar 20, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  6. fondie

fondie Regular Member

Hi Mike,

I'm interested in your offer if it's still standing, I could do with the practice, coaching (and exercise). I live Guildford way, so travelling to Dorking/Epsom/Leatherhead would be possible. I'm 22, and a fairly competent player but with a lot of room for improvement. I currently play at a non competive local club once a week (tuesdays).

Do let me know, Bob

7. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier -- I had stopped checking the thread!

I will send all of you PMs, and we can then try to work out what arrangement is practical. If we can all find a mutually convenient time and venue, then a group of four would be ideal :) It is more likely, however, that we will not all be able to make the same time and place.

Lets' see :)

8. steveh

steveh New Member

Working in the Area

I am a working in the area for the next two/three months and am looking to play most Monday nights if possible. I currently play league in South Staffs and want to improve my game, so if you are still wanting a partner - let me know.

9. agtrozado

agtrozado New Member

Student
    Hi Mike
    I Play Badminton with the local club but they only offer once a week training. I am very interested in pursuing extra training to improve my skill and technique in badminton. I am an under 13 player and have been playing for over 3 years. I live around horley/reigate area and frequently in redhill as my school is around there. I can therefore meet you for training in and around that area.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    AGT

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I would advise to PM Gollum, since itis 4 years since the last post on this thread and even when it was closer he missed some, there are many active threads every day in BF now & it is easy to miss them.

11. Adam H

Adam H New Member

IT Consultant
    Hi Mike,

I know this thread is years old, but if you are stil lliving in the area and still wanting to practice then im interested ;)

Adam