Finger pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Matted, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Matted

Matted Regular Member

Hello, ever since last week, i had a constant pain in my middle finger everytime i played a backhand shot, also when just closing my fist.

Recently, my middle finger would just hurt randomly even though i am not doing anything.

I find it hard to carry things too, do any of you guys know why im having this problem? Whats the problem in my finger and what can i do to fix it? Thanks!

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This one you need to see a doctor for an examination.

3. Matted

Matted Regular Member

I already did, i just told the doctor what happened and he just said to take a break since apparently i overused my finger, i just have to get a pack of ice and llace it on my finger after i play.

4. r3v0lv3r

r3v0lv3r Regular Member

I had something similar, and the diagnosis for me is RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury).
    It has started since end of December, and I've made the incorrect decision of underestimating and playing through them. This is also exacerbated by my job as a programmer (which made the condition on my fingers worse).

I've stopped playing since Jan and reduced my finger workload to manage the condition.
    Unfortunately, this is not something that will go quickly, so I just have to be patient and wait for my body to heal itself.
    As I've been advised, that if you don't manage this carefully, it will get worse and may result in permanent injury (pain).

The best advice I can give is to listen to your body, and don't follow your impulses and desire to play.

pcll99, Fidget and Matted like this.
  5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Minimize the use of your entire hand as much as possible. Use to the other hand as much as possible. Try it for a few weeks.

A visit to the physiotherapist may be helpful.