Favorites and who will win at the 2006 Chinese Taipei Open..

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by ctjcad, Jun 19, 2006.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

EastDevil, I agree and disagree. Yes, it may be a waste of money to send them (that is the agreement bit).

Now this is the part where I disagree with you. When they are sent overseas, they are also put under some pressure because they know if they do not show an inkling of capability they may not get the chance again. And this is not false statement.

Also you got to remember some of the players may also be sent for a purpose e.g. to be sparring partners for other teams members (e.g. in the TC, results of course is a different issue).

In the scheme of things, Malaysia, despite sending players who may seem not to perform, are actually getting results. The examples of the doubles (and so many young ones coming) would make Singaporeans 'drool' and wished that they have the same - perhaps you ought to change your mindset of yours. ;)

2. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I believe in my mindset and not yours.

This sending-sparring-partners-overseas thing simply do not make sense. During the 5 days of an overseas tournament, its kind of silly to bring along your own "threadmill"? And I do not believe that idea of yours is related to malaysia's performance. Malaysia inherently has good players and some would be very motivated players, but sending players to tournaments along with their sparring partners just do not make sense unless their sparring partners are worthy competitors as well. Sending them along just to be utilized for warm-ups is just too funny.

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Agree, i personal think that these young players should be sent to those satelite tournaments first, if they could win consistantly then, starts some 1 to 2 star tournament, if they progress well by winning some of them, then only proceed to 4 - 6 stars taournament and so on.... so those young players will know what they should achieve in certain period of time, as for those who did not show progress...sayonara...out they go..

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

No it is not funny if you are serious as the Malaysians who want to win desperately. Of course, to the Singaporeans it would look funny because you have never been in that position that you need to win at all costs.

Anyway, spare me your rebuttals because we are at difference here.:mad: :p

5. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    There's one big problem with the sayonara bit... what if those not-so-good ones are the best you have got? Like what I mentioned, out of 5 best, only 2 are potential champions and the other 3 are not so good. But what if that 3 are already the best in the country besides the top 2? Kicking the 3 out simply leaves 3 empty spaces.

Lee Chong Weis are hard to find. I think BAM would be hoping that there's a bunch of LCWs squatting around somewhere in the streets waiting for BAM to hand them a badminton bag and pack them onto the plane. :D

6. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Actually, I am at no difference if what you said really happens. Even though I do not quite see the sense of it, but if they really do that then I hope it really works for them. :(

7. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well, you are always their first number supporter.Ha........ha.....same like me.I hope them can do well like MO and beat Cai/Fu again.Let us give blessing to them and prove that Malaysia reallyBOLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Looking at the draw and the players, this could very well turn out to be another LIN DAN and LCW Finals (with LD winning the upper half of the draw and LCW wining the bottom half and then both meeting).

LCW's biggest competition in his half will be Boonsak and then Chen Hong (both I think can only test but not win against an-inform LCW).

I hope they don't give away medals and warrior hats coz we-know-who might not take them if he loses.:rolleyes: Alright, alright, it is not that bad KWUN.

#28 X Ball, Jun 21, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  9. takumi007

takumi007 Regular Member

LCW's accomplishment

I hope LCW will do his best in chinese taipei open and not to be satisfied with just a win over LD in MO. Since he can beat LD in MO, Why not in Thomas cup?

10. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

Well, well, i put my whole heart to Msia team, wish each n everyone of them a big GOOD LUCK!!! Prove that u r not "Jaguh Kampung", Malaysia Go Go Go!

11. valen

valen Regular Member

goes without saying

What you've wrote goes without saying. Of course, you dont just send any tom, **** and harry to tournaments. BAM is not that stupid. They normally send people they think has potential, but then sometimes you donot know their true potential until you sent them to play often in high level-tournaments. Like what jasonmar said...start with 2 or 3 star tournaments. You cannot truely assess a person's star potential by seeing him play at home only. Say you have 10 potential ones at home. Out of 10, you want to see who has potential in international tournamts. So, it is good to give these 10 some international exposure. Then only we will know who among the 10 are the better ones. What I am saying is some exposure to 2nd tier players is good over a period of time.

#31 valen, Jun 21, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  12. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    Hahahahaha....ths is one topic tht go on and on......with rgds to BAM, money is not an issue coz it is the taxpayers that are footing the bill....I have mentioned befiore in another thread, 'politics' play a huge part in BAM.......if memory serves me correctly, Tan Yee Khan has criticised BAM before in a local paper that BAM should send more juniors out for more international tournaments for exposure......if you look at the current doubles setup in Malaysia, have any of you noticed that it is only since Rexy took over as dbls coach that a lot of the backup pairs are competing in tournaments...before they were only competing in satelites which some of you mentioned were deemed suitable for juniors......Malaysia has produced lots of good junior players but unfrotunately they are not exposed like the Chinese.....look at Chen Jin....world junior champion and a player to watch in the future....wht abt malaysia? We have the World Junior Mens Doubles Pair in Tan Boon Heong/Hoon Thien How but we keep them under wraps......

BAM only send players that are able to win in tournaments......but how many of those players does Malaysia have? and definitely they are not born and suddenly groom and expect to be put at the worldstage and win tournaments....how many Taufik's are there in this world?

Look at our singles setup now.....how many of the senionr are not performing....yet they are sent for tournaments...why not sent the juniors instead?......ppl like LTS, JC, YKB ,KY are passed their peak...its time the juniors are given a break.....

thts my 2 cents

13. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Im absolutely agreed with you... Sometimes you cant just look at someone and knowing that he has great potential to move on...