Draw of French Open 2010

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2010' started by kming, Oct 19, 2010.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

True. If I was a spectator, I'd want value for my money

This is indeed a great opportunity for Brice, Mathieu and Simon to do some damage.... and win some decent coin

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I think it would be fair to say though, that Brice has the best opportunity, he has Scott Evans first then likely Rajiv, and then possibly Taufik/WZM, whereas Mathieu has Christian Lind Thomsen (my new favourite European MS) who is likely to be very difficult, and the winner plays Gade. Simon is playing the Finnish guy Henri, with the winner playing out of form Marc Zwiebler.

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yeah, I quite like watching Thomsen too. He's quite a showman

4. Vaido

Vaido Regular Member

OK.. it seems that Raul (Must:) have the Danish league against him there...
    1st raund Vittinghus, 2nd Persson, QF Jørgensen and in SF PG... I am afraid that in final Raul will loose to TH:crying:... of course Taufik is an amazing gentleman and can loose to fair player also... for sure Raul can win the first game and as he is physically very strong he can win the 3rd also... I would like to see 3rd game:)
    but at first Raul had to survive on Dutch and Danish opens... good luck to him anway:)

5. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    does that mean that Taufik is not getting ready for AG? I doubt that - and - but OK , that's another topic,
    DBF said they did not consider all facts correctly - (but it was anyway an EBF schedule made long time ago) and they will try to do better jobs next - hopefully it works, but they do answer and do not simply ignore reactions - may be someting different from other parts of the world, who knows? at least they do know that INA open is the best venue a player can ever get, so there is no doubt that they want to enable players to go there

6. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I believe the problem for the Asian players with those two european SS is the distance. With the jet lag, travel time and on, it cuts to much on their preparation time for the AG. But I must say as a tv spectator, I am quite happy with the draws as they are, as I usually watch quarter final up, and it is always the same faces. There is a chance to see interesting matches, like Jorgensen-Du Pengyu in quarters. Even more true for WS, as when you get a tournament from the quarters, most of the time it's the Wangs and a jocker!

7. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Welll.......

let's re-name the tournament "French Open International series" :D:D:D

Lots of French players in, i don't understand why they keep giving wild cards.....

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Abt Taufik and Kido & Setiawan getting ready/not getting ready for the AG, that's the same question i have. But as mentioned, they are independent players playing for INA's AG squad. I don't know how the rules go for them but most likely they don't need the formal prep. as what the national team is going through. Or maye they will take these 2 tourneys as their own training stint.
    - Yes, i can understand whatever excuse/reason DBF gave. I can't say whether the Asian associations will ignore/respond or not if we ask them a question. But if they did, they'll probably give the same excuse/reason also on why they don't send their own players to these 2 European SS in favor of prepping for the AG. Remember, those top asian players' names actually have been registered, but withdrew. Or unless those Asian associations don't give the AG a lot of value/priority, then most likely they'll send their players to one or both of these European SS tourneys.
    - Anyway, just be happy your Taufik is coming & playing (and maybe finally win his first ever SS;)) as well as Kido & Setiawan and CHN's Wang Yihan. Not really a total disappointment. Plus the AG is a once every 4 yrs occurence, not happening every yr.

#28 ctjcad, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

:eek::eek::eek: there isn't a thread on this guy, I am off to create one :)

10. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

it is just happen that AG is scheduled after denmark & french SS, moreover, most of asian players especially LCW & LD r chasing for their 1st AG title, that is why they stay home to prepare for AG rather than risk injure themself

11. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

it has been a long time since watching peter gade plays in WC. wonder how far he can go in his home tournament

12. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

i'm anticipating the match between taufik vs. wang zheng ming & jorgensen vs. du peng yu.
    the former is between veteran & youngster whilst the latter is a battle of youngsters. Both wang & du trying to make their presence felt in badminton arena

13. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    This is exactly the point: 'Can't say whether - if they.. , probably .... , it simply means it's all speculations:eek: -- nobody knows:confused:, and for the associations there is no reason to change anything since nobody never told them to do so, no changes never:mad: .... nice concept,
    so why not simpy state the requests, why not ask them to do something? just do it!:cool: As more people start taking action and trying to change something as better it might get next, hah - I have a good example in town that it sometimes works - just remember that pieces of the wall were even sold in the US LOL:cool:

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- I don't quite understand what you're trying to point out or imply with the highlighted portion above, sorry..:confused:
    - So, if the MAS, INA, CBA, KOR members or baddy fans send their associations a letter and state their request to do something (missing the DO and FO for the AG), what do you think the associations' response will be?..my hunch says, it'll be somewhat similar or along the line to the excuse/reason/reply DBF gave you..:cool:

15. fanzzz

fanzzz Regular Member

i love denmark open most