DRAW of DENMARK Open SS Premier 2011

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2011' started by CLELY, Oct 4, 2011.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Me too. A little disinterested. Just watch. Don't expect too much.

2. victory

victory Regular Member

Yeah I agree with what you and pakito have said. I am disappointed that BWF is toothless in enforcing good ruling to get rid of match fixing and withdrawals.

Yes Just sit back and enjoy good badminton. No need to do speculation. If we see something we don't like, for example 2 Chinese players doing monkey show on court, just switch to other channel for a while.:)

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Fully agree. I switched to four four two.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Whats 442...???

5. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    4-4-2 football formation.

6. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Can't wait 4 this Denmark Open. Eager to see Tine Baun in action again. Eager to see the Danes show their temper! :D

7. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I hope that won't be WYH's path. Instead of JYJ in the quarters, Pi Hongyan. And instead of Saina or Tine, Rat for the semis.

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Football programme on Astro.

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

On Astro supersport hosted by Jason Dasey and some football pundits like Abbas Saad & Peter Barnes. Sorry for the OT.

10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i don't understand why the MAS team don't send their only top players rather than send the whole players like back ups and juniors, send only LCW, Koo/Tan can't help MAS team improve in future time...

11. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I noticed, while trying to pick team for Badmintonstar, that there are lots of good match-ups early on in WS, XD and MS.
    For example Nguyen, Tago, Rumbaka and Sasaki are clumped together. Should be a very enjoyable tournament!

As for badmintonstar, I gave up when I realized that one has to calculate not only who might beat whom, but also who might be ordered to "get sick" for a walkover.

12. victory

victory Regular Member

I agree we need to send potential youngsters to gain experience. MAS mostly send junior players to lower level competitions such as GP Gold rather than SS series. The best example is Woon Ke Wei/Vivian Hoo just won GP Gold indonesia WD title last week . But I think MAS need to step up their effort in helping junior players breakthrough.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

BWF website wrongly wrote that Chen Long is in the same half of the draw with Chong Wei when it should be Chen Jin to be CW's potential semi-final opponent. As it is, with CL and Lin Dan possibly meeting in their semi-final, I would, sadly speaking,expect LD to throw hs match to CL again, for the usual reasons which BCers are well aware of, including the reluctance of the two titans, LD and LCW, to clash with each other.

But the SS Premier is a major title, isn't it, why would they want to avoid each other, especially when it is to LD's advantage to beat LCW again and reinforce the mental defeat of LCW? Provided of course LD overcomes LCW, which I think LD has about 70% chance of succeeding, based on recent form as well as their head-to-head record.

Anyway, even if we don't get to see another Dream Final, let's hope for the second-best match-up between Lee CW and Chen Long !:(

#33 Justin L, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    they need money for
    management
    coach
    ctc member
    and
    some pocket money mah
    if not where can survive?
    u pay for them?

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As fans, we also need to realise that Denmark Open is a SSP event. If your ranking IS NOT in the top 30, you have to go through qualifying rounds.

In MS, the 2 MAS independent players: Mohd Hafiz Hashim and Wong Choong Hann are ranked the highest after LCW (at 41 & 44 respectively) and they are not even going to compete there.

Daren Liew is the only back-up sent because he has the most potential and his ranking is enough to be in the Qualifying List. As for the rest of the back-up players: Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Chong Wei Feng, etc could not even make it to the Qualifying List. So, why should they be sent?

As for WS, only Tee Jing Yi will barely make it to the Qualifying List (WR 61). There's no need to send her to lose only in Qualifying.

In MD and WD, 3 and 2 MAS pairs are sent respectively despite the fact that they have to crawl from the qualifying rounds, including Goh Wei Shern/Lim Khim Wah and Chan Peng Soon/Ong Jien Guo (who have to fight for 1 spot in the main draw), Hoon Thien How/Tan Wee Kiong, Vivian Hoo/Woon Khe Wei and Chong Sook Chin/Goh Liu Ying.

Likewise in XD, 2 pairs that make it to the main draw (Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying and Ong Jien Guo/Chong Sook Chin) are sent.

That's already the best players that BAM can send at this moment.

16. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    That's right, either way, be it LD or CL against LCW, it would be interesting to watch, both for baddy fans and sports commentators.

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What a draw for CHN MS. LD will have to decide whether to lose to LHI in Denmark or France. Probably France. Maybe not, with another walkover, LD would only play one more match in Denmark than LHI.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Sadly, now, to watch a real badminton match of high quality, it will have to involve LCW.
    Either LCW vs LD, CL, CJ or other CHN players.
    There will be no real matches between the top CHN players.
    We are still a little lucky LCW is still playing, otherwise world badminton would be very dull.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Alas ! a dream match between Lin Dan and Lee C W is getting rarer. Luckily there is now another match-up we can look forward to : Lee CW vs Chen Long -- let's hope they play each other more often. I believe they would because Lee CW wants to thump Chen Long down by avenging his defeat and thrashing him time and again while Chen Long is eager to prove his recent win is no fluke. If I were Chen Long, I would want to play Chong Wei as often as possible, 1) I have nothing to lose;2) I gain valuable experience and improve my skills playing him;3) having a chance to beat him more often will boost my confidence and establish my standing;4) I am still young at 22 years of age whereas both Lin Dan and Lee CW would probably retire in a few years' time, and 5) other new players are coming up, so I must continually play with the very best to hone my skills and be one step ahead of the rest.

Luckily for Chen Long, his lowest point was his shock loss to Kevin Cordon in the world championship and his highest point so far was his morale-boosting win over Lee CW after that; if not for the latter victory, I should think Chen Long would be struggling with his self-confidence and mental stress. As it is,he is now a more mature and steady player, still improving and developing his game, and, indeed, should very soon be poised to take over the reins from his illustrious compatriot, Super Dan!

In my humble opinion, I come to the above conclusion after watching the replay of Chen Long's match against Chong Wei three times as well as taking into account the way he played in the previous matches with others in the Li Ning China Masters and Japan Open enroute to his unexpected victory over Chong Wei. Just think, how many players could score points against Chong Wei by attacking him instead of just waiting for him to make mistakes, even though conceding that in that match CW did make a few mistakes and wasn't at his best.

20. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    WELL SAID Justin! I do agree Chen Long needs to face Lee Chong Wei more often to hone his skills and know better (to get used to) LCW's plays... one undeniable advantage of CL over LCW is his age! Therefore if CL does catch up in all other aspects (technical & non-technical ones) with the age advantage, his chances over LCW will even be better! 2012OG should be his paramount objective :D