Draw for 2016 Rio Olympics

Discussion in 'Olympics 2016 - RIO' started by pcll99, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    @nilesh123 @Baddyforall looks like I have missed a lot during my intermittent participation on non-Desi pages.... Heck even the ever present @blabl hasn't commented... Nor have many other regulars.... Why this animosity towards my younger brother @NineTailedFox ???

@Rajneesht Language is Hindustani. It's the primary lingua franca of most of the Indian subcontinent. It is spoken as atleast L2 in 21 out of 29 Indian states and 2 of 4 provinces of Occupied North West India. It is understood in Nepal, East Bengal, Southern Sri Lanka and parts of Afghanistan too in addition to 7 of 8 other Indian and 2 other occupied North West Indian states. Basically entire Indian subcontinent either speaks or understands this language barring Tamil Nadu in India and Northern Provinces of Sri Lanka

2. Raajneesht

Raajneesht Regular Member

Doctor
    I think people have already mentioned it as hindi...
    May I know why you are trying to provoke something out of context???
    Everyone in India knows importance and value of Hindi in India...
    I don't want to get into that topic bro...
    By the way,the reason for people of Tamilnadu not accepting Hindi as 1st language is not because we don't want to learn the language or anything like that...It's just that we want to make sure that Tamil the oldest(one of the) language is in continuity unlike sanskrit and many other Indian languages which became useless( for common people)
    Still people in Tamilnadu can learn Hindi if they wish.. Hindi is one of the third languages in schools which one can opt to study...We just didn't make it as a mandatory language...That's it...

I asked that question to ensure that everyone understands what was posted on the forum...
    It's always better to use English so that everyone in BCunderstands...
    No vengeance against Hindi or any particular language...
    I wish the conversation remains healthy over here...
    Cool...

#202 Raajneesht, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, that's better. Now I can agree with your statement. But still for LCW, I think the last few big occasions it was actually Chen Long who proved to be his biggest obstacle; maybe just because LD did not play the WC14 and did not meet LCW at the WC15. The battles against LD were a lot closer than his recent meetings with CL (the one's he's lost).

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Wasn't trying to provoke anything Thambi... Tamizh nalla language airche... I love and respect all Indian languages, and Tamizh, given its classical and historical antiquity is a matter of immense national pride for all Indians... Didn't checked you r from Chennai before posting.... Guessed you might have been from Malaysia/SGP/Nepal/Rest of the world where Indian diaspora lives since I had expected someone from Chennai to know it was Hindustani.... No offence intended.... My initial assumption was faulty and I stand corrected. Jai Hind!

Raajneesht likes this.
  5. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Which chess GM and which cricketers??

6. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I write as LD fan who used to appreciate LCW till he came across as a positive person....
    Had LCW's prob been LD, he couldn't have beaten one of the GOATs 11..... ELEVEN times in a 100 attempts.... His major problem is major finals... He chokes.... And if he reaches Rio finals, he will find a way to choke again, irrespective of the opponent... Having said that I fully expect LD to complete his Golden Hattrick as I have stated countless times over the years here and elsewhere and totally hope and pray that Sri runs the roulette and does what logic says is impossible on so many levels.... Go India!

7. Raajneesht

Raajneesht Regular Member

Doctor
    Chess :
    Ramesh
    vijayalakshmi

cricketers:
    Mohammed
    Rahil
    Mukund
    Vijay shankar

I met all of them as a part of my project in psychology during different occasions...

8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Hi Raajneesh , Even i put up in Chennai. Where in Chennai ?

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Has the mental mushroom in Srikanth's progressive crop been chopped enabling the 'Most Complete Arsenal' to finally drill 100 holes in an aggressive smelling Danish cookie before finally impressing the Chinese God with the deadly geometrical calculation and application of his offense and still coming short in his brawl with the Great Wall not so tall yet able to do all in the Riocentro hall?

10. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Vijaylaxmi the 1st WGM??? JSyed Mohd?? Who is Rahil?? Among TN Ranji players I have met Badri (super sweet), Bala (ever smiling), Vijay (hardly interacted) and DK.... Been to a coupla TN Ranji games and a few Iran I and challengers...

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Guys I will be in Chennai next month..... Don't know date yet... Let's meet up and PLAY..... Should I say slay??

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Even so it's an undeniable fact that apart from the early years of the young Lin Dan and the waning years of the old Lin Dan, particularly from about 2006 to 2013/14 which can be touted as the Lin Dan era, he was so dominant that many whose careers span more or less the same period as his were comprehensively overshadowed and prevented by him from achieving what they would've deserved in any other lesser era. And many of them could be considered really great players in their own right with a couple of prestigious titles to their names, most notably other than the most well-known and unfortunate ones such as Lee CW and Peter Gade, we may include Bao Chunlai, Chen Hong, Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Simon Santoso, Lee Hyun Il, Chen Jin, Chen Yu, Boonsak Ponsana, etc, the list goes on.

Even today at the tail-end of his career and past his prime, it is a testament to Lin Dan's true greatness and longevity that only a handful of much younger players at their prime could threaten or upset him at the more important tournaments which seldom occurred. Otherwise in Lin Dan's heydays, all of them without exception could only hope to catch him on a bad day which so rarely happened that many waited in vain.

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Oh oh. ... Oh oh.... I see a slur coming from a mile away veerey... Tut Tut....
    Let's just hope the most complete arsenal has cast away slumber and is ready to eat cookies, humanize communist Gods (oxymoron I know) and turn a few fire exhalers into water breathing vegans, shall we??? Jai Ho!!!

14. MidCourtMediocrity

MidCourtMediocrity Regular Member

I'd say the 2006-2013 era was the Lin Dan AND LCW era. It wasn't total domination bar Olympics but even then, it was a tough battle between the two when these two did meet. They both dominated the world series at the time together, back and forth. I wouldn't say it was JUST Lin Dan's era, even if he did do a few better than LCW

15. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Why could not i see the complete posts of the members. I am able to see only 90%. But there is no scrolling option as well. Is that for me alone? Using Google crome. Browser issues?

16. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

That's correct. Their battles, especially the later one's were very close affairs. With a bit of luck, LD came out on top of them (WC11, Olympics 2012, WC13). Only a fool would dismiss the numerous titles LCW won in those years. I agree with your statement: It was the Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei era.

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Except winning all the wars....what did Super Dan really achieved?

I will call it only Lee Chong Wei's era.

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Not sure if you're serious or just mocking whichever statement I made...

19. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    I think it's just a safe statement, because you can easily argue both ways.

20. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

What's a safe statement?